Section for crimes against animals?

While incredibly difficult to read about, animal cruelty has a well-established link to both domestic violence and child abuse/neglect. That’s the main reason that most states designate veterinarians as mandatory reporters. As a veterinarian myself, I am obligated to report suspected abuse or neglect to law enforcement, and sadly have done so.

That said, unless there appears to be a cluster of similar cases in one area, it’s i think even less likely that websleuthers would be able to help ID a perp for these cases. I’m not sure what the point would be here.

Interestingly, the field of veterinary forensics is still relatively young but there are some training programs and textbooks available for colleagues who wish to fi this type of work.

I understand what you are all saying. It’s just that I won’t be able to
venture there. Something definitely needs to be done and I thank those that can or can try to put a stop to it. Babies, children in general, is also very hard for me.
But think of it in such a way: many of murder cases get known and moved because of the publicity they get. I am posting from time to time about abducted and mutilated cats in Olympia, WA, and nothing changes. We all know that for serial killers of women, cats are usually the first step. If we pursue animal sadist, maybe we'll solve some human cases, too.

But animals don’t have a social media presence, or government documentation of birth/location, educational institutions, etc. There’s no way that someone online can track these crimes.

But animals don’t have a social media presence, or government documentation of birth/location, educational institutions, etc. There’s no way that someone online can track these crimes.
Animals have no voice. We humans have to become their voice.

ETA: people living in Olympia said an interesting detail about the kidnapping. And, there is DNA from under the claws of one cat.

Animals have no voice. We humans have to become their voice.

ETA: people living in Olympia said an interesting detail about the kidnapping. And, there is DNA from under the claws of one cat.
Um, as a veterinarian, I am the voice of dozens of animals every day.

I maintain that other than gawking at horrible, disturbing accounts of animal abuse, there’s really no practical reason for such a separate forum on web sleuths IMHO.

I think the suggestion is a good one.

Some of these sick individuals make animal crush videos and post them online. People can hunt them down.
Some individuals publish crimes against children along with the crimes against animals.

Luka Magnotta posted videos of himself torturing kittens and later went on to post his video of his murder of Jun Lin.
The murder video was so bizarre that many thought it was staged.

Premise[edit]

The three-part docuseries follows a group of amateur internet sleuths who launched a manhunt for Luka Magnotta after he gained international notoriety in 2010 for sharing a video online of himself killing two kittens in a plastic bag by suffocating them with a vacuum cleaner.[1][5] Magnotta was later convicted for murdering Chinese international student Jun Lin in grisly circumstances in 2012.[6][7]

I was wondering if we could please have a forum section for crimes against animals. Perhaps Crimes Spotlight on Animals or Crimes Animal Cruelty or something like that?
This would be interesting also 'how to keep your pet safe', 'how to report suspected animal abuse (pet, livestock, wild animal) and who to report it to (city, police, SPCA).

What to do about a colony of feral cats - can they be rescued for adoption before they become too feral? What about the kittens of feral cats? If you find a stray cat - how to bring it into your home safely out of the cold or heat while you search safely (via pet agencies) for its owners or get it on the path to being re-homed.

Tips could also include: do not 'park' your pet (typically dog) outside the store when you go shopping as a high number are kidnapped, microchip your pet for absolute identification (a collar can be removed but a microchip not so much), pets don't like shopping so the safest place for them is at home when you go on certain errands, unless it is to a pet venue such as Petsmart, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back