Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of molesting 14yo girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so proud of my state being on the right side of history! :)

And WE are all so proud of you Waltzing, for coming forward, along with the rest of the brave women.

Thank You for your enormous effort.

<modsnip>
It is an article that is looking at voting trends. The trend was clear. Fox, MSNBC, and CNN have all been talking about the demographic that put Jones over the top-- the under 44, the women of color. The exit polls were specifically looking at the white voter trends (men and women) in relation to what kept voters with Moore or swayed them to Jones.

Do I think the reaction of Moore, some clergy, and evangelicals who threw the women under the bus caused this groundswell? Yes, I do. The Moore response and the other words of Moore caused many to say enough was enough. The women who came out about Moore's actions are the real heroes in this situation. They also gave voice to decency and respect for all.

I don't think this is a racist article. It is an article that is looking at voting trends. The trend was clear. Fox, MSNBC, and CNN have all been talking about the demographic that put Jones over the top-- the under 44, the women of color. The exit polls were specifically looking at the white voter trends (men and women) in relation to what kept voters with Moore or swayed them to Jones.

Do I think the reaction of Moore, some clergy, and evangelicals who threw the women under the bus caused this groundswell? Yes, I do. The Moore response and the other words of Moore caused many to say enough was enough. The women who came out about Moore's actions are the real heroes in this situation. They also gave voice to decency and respect for all.

---
BBMs: I think there are multiple factors that will be analyzed in the days and weeks to come. Sessions won senate reelection unopposed in 2014. There are 500k more votes in this election. This suggests a much more engaged electorate. Especially after a sweeping republican win in the general election of 2016 with a low voter turnout.

I'd say The Silence Breakers have brought to light just how much character matters and voters showed up to upset a ruby red state. This is huge, and like a stone dropped in water, so is the ripple effect.

Incumbent Jeff Sessions won re-election in 2014 without opposition. He faced no primary challenger and was also completely unopposed in the general election. This election marked the first time in Alabama history that the Democratic Party fielded no candidates for the U.S. Senate race.

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Senate_elections_in_Alabama,_2014

I don't think this is a racist article. It is an article that is looking at voting trends. The trend was clear. Fox, MSNBC, and CNN have all been talking about the demographic that put Jones over the top-- the under 44, the women of color. The exit polls were specifically looking at the white voter trends (men and women) in relation to what kept voters with Moore or swayed them to Jones.

I made my point. Thanks.

Just pointing out facts.

Okay, I just thought the race was in Alabama, btw, Moore and Jones. What an interesting evening, my husband and I were watching the votes coming in, and it was exciting. I really thought Moore would win, and when it looked like it was going the other way, I was happy and shocked. Thank you Alabama.

This thread about Roy Moore’s run for office and the issues surrounding that, including allegations of harassment, molestation and sexual abuse of young girls and women, correct?

I expect (hope) lawsuits and possible criminal investigations of Moore follow on the heels of his Senate defeat.

Nearly two-thirds of white women in Alabama voted for accused child molester Roy Moore

https://qz.com/1155156/alabama-sena...cked-defeated-republican-candidate-roy-moore/

SMH

View attachment 127714

Interesting data. Also from the linked article:

“The CNN exit poll shows that overall 57% of women voted to elect Jones, best known for prosecuting two members of the Ku Klux Klan responsible for bombing Birmingham’s 16th Street Baptist Church, which killed four black girls in 1963. But a breakdown of the data by gender and race shows that women didn’t vote uniformly. (Moore, on the other hand, picked up 56% of male voters).”

e064dbd8a80343d3152e9098f53b4cbf.jpg

Every single word of this! Every. Single. Word.

Well said, Inthedetails. Thank you.

I admire that the women spoke up and I am relieved that the candidate was defeated. However, I'm also disappointed at how much effort it took for the vote to be so close. Several women shouted and they were heard, but....barely?

jmo

I admire that the women spoke up and I am relieved that the candidate was defeated. However, I'm also disappointed at how much effort it took for the vote to be so close. Several women shouted and they were heard, but....barely?

jmo

Like any worthwhile pursuit, the #METOO movement will take time and effort. We've only just begun. Full steam ahead...

Like any worthwhile pursuit, the #METOO movement will take time and effort. We've only just begun. Full steam ahead...

I am not a hopeful type of person, but you can just feel that things are changing. I told my daughter yesterday, it might take awhile but things will be better for you.

Hey Everyone.

Unless something changes or we have a new big development I am closing this thread.

If Waltzingmatilda would like to make a final comment I will be happy to open the thread for her to post.

Thanks,

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members