Shawn Adkins Attorney makes written statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting that billie has the DP qualified guy and shawn has a greenhorn!

You took the words literally right out of my mouth..After I read the articles and a little about his atty I was headed to the bottom of the page to post this exact observation.. odd to say the least..as one would expect the exact opposite..I won't be shocked a bit when the cards finally fall where they may leaving the responsible/guilty party standing all alone..because their partner in crime has "rolled" on he/she..taking a plea deal and selling he/she down the river..I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it indeed ended up playing out just the opposite many of us have thought all along..and in the end each attys "experience" is indicative of who needs the most seasoned atty in the most criminal of cases..

I though it odd/strange/and somewhat telling when I immediately saw Billie's atty qualifications..not only experienced in several areas dealing with child *advertiser censored*{which I really wasn't expecting..of course that could just be complete coincidence}.. nope it's the fact that he's even death penalty qualified to boot...Tisk tisk..Only time will tell..

For now I just have one question for these two? Where the he!! is Hailey?

You took the words literally right out of my mouth..After I read the articles and a little about his atty I was headed to the bottom of the page to post this exact observation.. odd to say the least..as one would expect the exact opposite..I won't be shocked a bit when the cards finally fall where they may leaving the responsible/guilty party standing all alone..because their partner in crime has "rolled" on he/she..taking a plea deal and selling he/she down the river..I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it indeed ended up playing out just the opposite many of us have thought all along..and in the end each attys "experience" is indicative of who needs the most seasoned atty in the most criminal of cases..

I though it odd/strange/and somewhat telling when I immediately saw Billie's atty qualifications..not only experienced in several areas dealing with child *advertiser censored*{which I really wasn't expecting..of course that could just be complete coincidence}.. nope it's the fact that he's even death penalty qualified to boot...Tisk tisk..Only time will tell..

For now I just have one question for these two? Where the he!! is Hailey?

And it's not as if SA and/or his family had not contacted John Young at some point (at least by January 17-date of article):

John Young, a criminal defense attorney based in Sweetwater, said he was contacted by Adkins' family but has not been hired to represent him.

Perhaps, Mr. Young turned SA down, and has been waiting for BD (possibly, in his opinion, more in need of his expertise) to come to her senses:

"I cannot believe Ms. Dunn has not hired an attorney, and she continues to move forward in this investigation at great peril to herself."

Both SNIPPED; BBM from

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/17/false-alarm-reported-case-missing-colorado-city-te/

From letter from SA's attorney, C. Barrett Thomas:

"...focused on finding Hailey, rather than pinning a crime on someone when they're not even sure one's been committed."

Wish Sean's attorney hadn't used that same verb-"pinning" as Billie Jean did during her interview after her release from the jail cell.

There is an archived article in one of the Abilene newspapers back from 2004 stating that Mr. Young likes high profile cases. Additionally, the article states that he was involved in a car accident that claimed the life of the person that was involved in the wreck as well. This newspaper charges money to get the full document but I thought I'd post what was available free of charge...

Sweetwater lawyer likes high-profile cases, media attention

Although he was just starting out as a new prosecutor, Young was assigned high-profile cases and had a knack for handllng the media.
But just as quickly as he climbed the ladder, Young fell when he was involved in a car accident that killed Darlene Hall.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=ARNB&p_theme=arnb&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&s_dispstring=john%20young%20attorney%20lubbock%20accident%20AND%20date%28all%29&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=%28john%20young%20attorney%20lubbock%20accident%29&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

<modsnip>

Two quotes stand out to me.

Now due to law enforcement's harassment of the involved families, all that remains is a broken-hearted, divided and beleaguered group of victims too distraught and exhausted to adequately put their efforts into finding Hailey.

Really? What happened during the first 92 days?

It is our greatest hope that Law Enforcement will turn their investigation back toward finding Hailey.

No doubt his attorney wants the investigation moved away away from Shawn?

The two are not mutually exclusive. The investigation IMO is everything about finding Hailey.
And IMO the issue of No arrest is a push to LE to hurry up when maybe they are not wanting to hurry to make sure they have all the I's dotted and their T's crossed.
That is a legal how do I say it , OK I am calling you out !! Now do something !! some of you legal eagles know what I am saying and how to word this better.

From letter from SA's attorney, C. Barrett Thomas:

"...focused on finding Hailey, rather than pinning a crime on someone when they're not even sure one's been committed."Wish Sean's attorney hadn't used that same verb-"pinning" as Billie Jean did during her interview after her release from the jail cell.

bolded and underlined by me...

not sure of a crime being committed? Really?

A kid is gone, your client dabbles in drugs, violence and CP....so the decks kinda stacked against your client, sir...

really? not sure if a crime has been committed? How do you explain that little morsel of garbage?

Seriously???

Why would he be pro bono, since SA has not been charged with a crime?
my brother's an attorney & he has never charged anybody for his services...granted he's well off & keeps another full time job oversees. Also, we 'hired' an attorney for my daughter & we weren't charged a dime. IDK why, but they wouldn't take any money, just said they enjoyed meeting and working with my daughter, lol. She wasn't in this kind of trouble, but she had to go to court. So, there are attorneys who work for free at times. But, as this case moves along, legal fees, filing fees, etc..are going to pile up, & the attorney's employees are going to have to be paid, so I don't see these guys working for nothing. MOO.

Sounds like Baez.

Maybe Baez is his mentor and he has been glued to CA's case since he graduated? Maybe he's even poster here to get the thoughts of both sides? :eek:

There is an archived article in one of the Abilene newspapers back from 2004 stating that Mr. Young likes high profile cases. Additionally, the article states that he was involved in a car accident that claimed the life of the person that was involved in the wreck as well. This newspaper charges money to get the full document but I thought I'd post what was available free of charge...

Although he was just starting out as a new prosecutor, Young was assigned high-profile cases and had a knack for handllng the media.
But just as quickly as he climbed the ladder, Young fell when he was involved in a car accident that killed Darlene Hall.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...rpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

That may explain why he's now a defense attorney. ???

No I mean BD's father !! sorry not to make that clear !

We don't know, but they were talking about Hailey's father in the letter.
The way it was worded, made it sound like Billie's father, being one of the three arrested.

We don't know, but they were talking about Hailey's father in the letter.
The way it was worded, made it sound like Billie's father, being one of the three arrested.
ok! Thanks Jo !

I do think that Shawn is responsible for Hailey's disappearance, but what if he really is innocent?
Even thinking he is guilty, I hate the idea that LE is focusing solely on him and Billie. I've always thought the police ran concurrent investigations; one focusing on the family and the other focusing on an outsider. Of course Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart's cases should have reminded me to know better.

Elizabeth Smart's case is one that constantly makes me question whether they have the right suspect.

For months all I heard was "Richard, Richard, Richard" and "Elizabeth has been murdered."

The only people we heard otherwise from was Elizabeth's family who kept insisting that Mary Katherine said it was NOT Richard who came in and took Elizabeth.

Still, it was insisted over and over that it was Richard. I was one of the few who believed the kid.

Had Ed Smart not taken it upon himself, to get the sketch done... when Mary Katherine remembered it was "Emmanuel" and then had AMW air it when the cops wouldn't release it.... who knows when Elizabeth would have been found, if ever.

I always have this little nagging voice now that wonders.... no matter how guilty someone looks.... what if they are not? What if this creepy guy, odd lawyer and weird family are all right and he is innocent?

What if by some miracle Hailey IS being held by someone out there... and like Elizabeth, no one is looking for her alive because they are so convinced they know who did it...

Absolutely... the odds are slim. But I would guess a very large majority would have said the same thing about Elizabeth and Richard.

Let's be careful here. SA's lawyer is has not been charged with anything and is not a POI in this case. We can discuss his lawyering, but no accusations against him based on a sentence or two from an archived article.

Salem

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...rpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

I was a little confused when I read this ..... YOUNG is BD's attorney, SA's attorney is C. Barrett Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member