Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if the Colemans have an alarm system?

90% of alarm systems now days won't even set themselves to arm if the windows are open, and they will flash when windows or exterior doors are open, so that you know.

No, I don't. Do you? I don't think it was ever stated in the news or by the police.

Yes, if in fact the dvr and a camera were tampered with at all. It does add more time spent in the home. A stranger would have to locate both and disable/unplug/remove taking a few more minutes...probably 10 minutes at a minimum which would take it to 50 minutes spent in the house. Cutting it terribly close, isn't he?

I wish we knew the exact number of calls and the times involved here. If only we had access to those records! Connor did make it sound as if he began calling soon after he left the house at 5:43am and continued to call periodically until 6:51am.

And if the perp was busy strangling one vic, wouldn't the other two hear the phone?

Now, as Stella5 pointed out, this is a busy neighborhood. 75% of the residents of Columbia, work in St. Louis. So, of course, like anyone knows, the JB and poplar bride kinda get packed around 7 in the morning. So, anyone who has to go to work, tends to wake up around 6 and leave about 6:30, so they can get there, to one of those two bridges about quarter till or earlier, since the JB Bridge is 10 minutes from Columbia. I think someone would have noticed someone not related to the Colemans, snooping around their house or even walking close to it. Walking on the sidewalk is one thing, but walking around the backyard is another thing.
JB bridge 10 mins from Columbia...(Maybe the house from the bridge)...it acually touches Columbia, plus it's 3 mins from the bridge to City hall (which is the middle of town), I have timed it...(don't ask me why..ugh) Do you live here?

JB bridge is almost never backed up at any time that I am aware of, 60-70 MPH all day long unless there is construction...

Poplar Street bridge YES..prepare to sit at times....the poplar street bridge would be 10-15 mins away from downtown...maybe 20 mins...

http://www.gatewayguide.com/atis/traffic/snapshotCCTV.htm watch any time.. no back ups.. or this link 255 at telegraph...

www.gatewayguide.com

Soooo, one thing I really want to know is...what's up with the search and guard at the former house? And what went down in Springfield?
Excellent questions, Suzi~

And which Springfield...IL or MO? Springfield, IL would be my guess since it is 1 hour and 49 minutes from Columbia, IL. Springfield, MO is 3 hours and 18 minutes away.

Soooo, one thing I really want to know is...what's up with the search and guard at the former house? And what went down in Springfield?

I think its either because CC was using it as a motel with other woman or he went there and left evidence of a clean up.Also paint might have a tie in to that house.CC might have thought police would not even go there since they have not lived there for years.He might have even composed his letters there maybe he left a computer and printer there.Just some of what I have been thinking.

CC started calling immediately after leaving home, drove about 15 minutes into South County to go to the gym and another 15 minutes home..what was the purpose of this gym visit? Doesn't sound like he was doing much working out since he was on the phone or driving most of the time.

JMO, but it sounds like he needed to be away for an hour and make some "concerned calls" home to set up his alibi.

Also, if he called immediately after leaving home, why didn't SC answer the phone? I mean, according to CC's story SC was still alive when he left right? Did the phantom killer immediately rush in to strangle her? I'm guessing not.

Geez, you guys are taking this "immediately" statement to be as literal as humanly possible. What, did he start calling the minute he got in his vehicle in the driveway? C'mon, let's get real.

Even if CC is guilty, is he so dumb as to leave and call 5 minutes later?

Immediately started calling could mean 15 minutes - about the time he would get to the gym in South County.

And if the perp was busy strangling one vic, wouldn't the other two hear the phone?

Very good Point!!!! Connor said he called repeatedly, in my house if the phone rings it wakes us all up.

Good point. Could this indicate they were drugged before they were strangled?

ETA: WTH was I thinking?! Of course, Suzi!! DUH!

Yes, but does it make more sense for CC to do that - where people know him and could ID him - or a virtual unknown person (i.e., a stalker/killer who had been leaving threats)? I'd say the latter.

me too .. the latter

Geez, you guys are taking this "immediately" statement to be as literal as humanly possible. What, did he start calling the minute he got in his vehicle in the driveway? C'mon, let's get real.

Immediately started calling could mean 15 minutes - about the time he would get to the gym in South County.

Well he seems pretty dumb IMO if he is choke choke innocent he sure was dumb as a rock for not having an alarm system since he worked nights and was getting death threats.

Yes, if in fact the dvr and a camera were tampered with at all. It does add more time spent in the home. A stranger would have to locate both and disable/unplug/remove taking a few more minutes...probably 10 minutes at a minimum which would take it to 50 minutes spent in the house. Cutting it terribly close, isn't he?

I wish we knew the exact number of calls and the times involved here. If only we had access to those records! Connor did make it sound as if he began calling soon after he left the house at 5:43am and continued to call periodically until 6:51am.

I wish we knew too - but alas, we don't. Calling a few times, or periodically, would make him seem less guilty IMO. If he were setting all this up, it would make more sense to call when you get to the gym and then, periodically, to show some degree of concern when no one answered the first call.

If he calls too soon, such as "immediately" as everyone keeps stating, then it is easier to ask "Why didn't you just turn around and go home? You were 3 minutes away!"

I doubt it was open or unlocked. Why, if this family had supposedly been receiving threats for several months, would they go to bed with their doors or windows unlocked?? It seems to me they would take every safety precaution necessary (especially installing the security cameras, which they did) to protect their two young children.

no way jose - I'd be checking the windows every night! When my cleaner comes in, I always make sure to check my sons windows and that they are locked (sometimes she opens the windows for air) -- same with the back door, and the door to the garage.

If threats were coming in, I'd be putting those track thingies in my windows (Even a simple thick dowel, cut to fit into a track, is effective). I'm not sure if the window in question is a slider or not. It's a pretty simple thing to do.

OR, the perp opened the window earlier and came back??? It's hard to fathom a security guard, receiving threatening letters, would leave a basement window open -- doesn't it??? At the very least, do everything in his power to secure the house....

MOO

Mel

And see I would notice a stranger in my neighborhood before I'd pay attention to the neighbors. That would tell me that a stranger wasn't spotted at all. In fact, I can tell you the lady, who I never saw before, walking her dog two days ago...but I couldn't tell you when I last saw my neighbor leave for work. IMO, a stranger would stick out more than someone you see all the time.

Excellent point! Don't know about these two boys, by my 10 year old is all over the phone on the first ring... even first thing in the morning (6:30) when she knows it's for her brother from his friend who gives him a ride to school.

I don't know, if he's guilty he was dumb enough to toss evidence along 255 and not into the Mississippi where it would never be found.

Maybe the yelling heard at 3am was Sheri trying to put up a fight to save her life. He could have done it as she slept and she could have been yelling for help. It'll be interesting to find out where and how the bodies were found.

The post this morning reported they were found in their beds. Now whether that's where they were actually killed or not, who knows. The perp could have put them back into bed after killing them somewhere else in the house.

I don't know, if he's guilty he was dumb enough to toss evidence along 255 and not into the Mississippi where it would never be found.

Are you sure it was along 255? or hit the water and floated to the bank? Hmm.. only time will tell...

I wish we knew the exact number of calls and the times involved here. If only we had access to those records! Connor did make it sound as if he began calling soon after he left the house at 5:43am and continued to call periodically until 6:51am.[/QUOT

I am not sure but would you need a screw driver to take out the hard drive of the dvr,the hard drive is where info would be stored .I wonder if it was left in it if not it would take time for a perp to find a screw driver and to remove it.

You know, the TOD would answer most of our questions. Don't they know we need this info????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX