Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see it on Fox?
It's very much like the ones they use on the front of the helicopters.
The one at the water tower in Columbia catches everything in a 360 degree perimeter.
I missed it, but maybe they'll put it up on the website later.

I was just thinking about the possibility of the murders being committed with baling wire too. It would look really set-up if the murder weapon just happened to come from a bale of straw that just happened to be against the house right near where the murderer was supposed to enter the home. Almost like someone was trying to walk the detectives through a storyline... Nope, if a muirderer had come to the house to do his deed he would have come prepared with his own weapon.
Right -- as if a murderer under time pressure (always watching, knows CC's schedule, then sees his opportunity) would enter the house and spend time looking for a likely weapon. :rolleyes:

It's not at all easy to get piano wire out of a piano. If you were to snip a piano wire, the wire would fly around and you would definitely get hurt. To replace a piano wire, you have to use a special hex-type wrench to loosen the wire. That tool is not something that anyone but a piano tuner would likely have around the house. And, like you, I haven't heard of the Colemans being involved in music in any capacity.

Yes, they were all bound and tidily stacked against the back of the house. However, there are usually at least two, and often three, wires wrapped around the width of the bale. The bales are so compacted that the wires are under tremendous pressure. To avoid having one snap and put someone's eye out, they have to distribute the load over more than one wire.

If you were to remove one wire from a bale, it wouldn't fall apart immediately.

ITA about snipping one baling wire. I remember it makes the bale more "fluffy" though, but not enough that anyone looking at a pic would be able to notice, IMO.

Thanks for chatting with me about this! :blowkiss:

ITA about snipping one baling wire. I remember it makes the bale more "fluffy" though, but not enough that anyone looking at a pic would be able to notice, IMO.
It does make it more fluffy and much more likely to break apart when moved. Get down to one wire and the whole thing falls apart.

Thanks for chatting with me about this! :blowkiss:
Thank you for listening to my crackpot theories! :blowkiss:

This case clearly needs it's own forum heading. What say you admins??

Hi All,

About this topic getting its own forum . . . let's wait just a bit more.

It is quite an undertaking to open a new forum. Many times what happens is the case goes cold then we have a forum just sitting here with nothing going on.

Cases are hot in the first little bit. If this case continues to attract our members and the threads are continually active after another couple of weeks or so then we will most likely make a forum.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=176359&catid=3
Parties listed in Coleman civil lawsuit notified

KSDK -- The lawyer representing Sheri Coleman's family says all three parties listed in the civil lawsuit have been notified.
Joyce Meyers Ministries is one of the parties named in the suit. The former employer of Chris Coleman is listed for information purposes and not as a defendant.
Chris Coleman has been charged with murdering his wife and their two children.
The lawyer says Joyce Meyers Ministries is agreeing to fully cooperate.
He also says they have spoken to a woman in Florida that has been connected to the case and he says they want to speak with her again.
Sheri, Garett and Gavin Coleman were found murdered in the family's Columbia, Illinois home on May 5.
Sheri Coleman's family filed the suit on Tuesday to keep Chris Coleman from profiting from their deaths.

I know this isn't super important but people were wondering about the website saying the house is 950 square feet. When we bought our house a few months ago, the appraisal said that it was 1,250 square feet but it's really 2,500. We were told that sometimes they just go by the square footage above ground. This is a split entry with a totally finished walk out basement, but they still didn't count the square footage in the appraisal. I wonder if their house is actually 1,900 square feet and the website was only counting the above ground level.

I know this isn't super important but people were wondering about the website saying the house is 950 square feet. When we bought our house a few months ago, the appraisal said that it was 1,250 square feet but it's really 2,500. We were told that sometimes they just go by the square footage above ground. This is a split entry with a totally finished walk out basement, but they still didn't count the square footage in the appraisal. I wonder if their house is actually 1,900 square feet and the website was only counting the above ground level.

Good point! The thing I don't understand is why the assessor has added the additional footage to the surrounding homes. Are they all one level? It could just be a boo boo on their part.

My cottage house is assessed at 950 SF. It does not take into consideration the finished attic upstairs that is one nice big room. Far be it from me to correct them and pay more taxes, tho! :crazy:

Posted in the boards on stltoday.com (post dispatch) I will keep an eye out for this supposed letter . . . .

Bill Brasski May 27, 2009 1:10PM CST
I heard today that JMM is pulling her financial support and will no longer be paying for the high-priced attorneys. I was told that the Coleman family is sending emails to church members asking them to contribute to his defense fund. I was told this by someone who received one of these emails.
Bill Brasski May 27, 2009 2:19PM CST I was told it the email came from his brother. I will try to get confirmation and a copy of it.

FWIW, do not go by Zillow or any other site that lists homes as a fact. Believe me, they are not always accurate. I have *no* idea where they come up with square footage of homes. The only true way to know what the square footage is of any home is recent evaluations/measurements physically done by real estate agents, etc. Do not believe what even assessors state at Town Hall. I paid for more square footage that never existed because of false documentations. Of course, it was my fault. :rolleyes:

WOW, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!
http://www.beloblog.com/KMOV_Blogs/crimetracker/2009/05/columbia-courts-documents-reve.html
Columbia: Courts documents reveal evidence in triple murder
WATERLOO, Ill. (AP) -- Newly unsealed court documents in the case against a man accused of strangling his wife and two sons reveal evidence authorities found near a bridge a few miles from the slayings.
Authorities have said Sheri Coleman and her sons, ages 11 and 9, were killed May 5 in their Columbia home with some type of ligature, including perhaps a cord.
Sheri Coleman's husband, Christopher Coleman, is jailed without bond on first-degree murder charges. He has pleaded not guilty.
Court documents suggest that investigators found an orange piece of twine with a noose tied on one end at the Jefferson Barracks Bridge over the Mississippi River. That twine apparently resembles cord used to tie four bales of hay found behind the Colemans' home.

More at the BND.com
http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/784681.html
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parts from the story:
According to a report by Columbia Police Sgt. Jason Donjon, the anonymous letter read, "(Expletive)! Deny your God publicly or else! No more opportunities. Time is running out for you and your family."
The letter, dated Jan. 1, referred to someone traveling to Asia, but doesn't refer to anyone by name. Sheri Coleman participated in missionary trips to southeast Asia, including Cambodia.
"Have a good time in India (expletive)!" the letter concluded.
The contents of a second letter to show up at the residence, dated April 27, also are listed in the search warrants records.
That letter stated, "I am giving you the last warning! You have not listened to me and you have not changed your ways. I have warned you to stop traveling and stop carrying on with this fake religious life of stealing people's money."
The letter referred to an unnamed woman.
"You think you are so special to do what you do protecting or think you are protecting her. She is a b*tch and not worth doing it. Stop today or else. I know your schedule. ... This is my last warning. Your worst nightmare is about to happen!"
Also included in the search warrant information was a report from the Columbia Police Department describing a horrific scene in the house when officers arrived and found the bodies of Sheri and the two boys.

WOW, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!
http://www.beloblog.com/KMOV_Blogs/crimetracker/2009/05/columbia-courts-documents-reve.html
Columbia: Courts documents reveal evidence in triple murder
WATERLOO, Ill. (AP) -- Newly unsealed court documents in the case against a man accused of strangling his wife and two sons reveal evidence authorities found near a bridge a few miles from the slayings.
Authorities have said Sheri Coleman and her sons, ages 11 and 9, were killed May 5 in their Columbia home with some type of ligature, including perhaps a cord.
Sheri Coleman's husband, Christopher Coleman, is jailed without bond on first-degree murder charges. He has pleaded not guilty.
Court documents suggest that investigators found an orange piece of twine with a noose tied on one end at the Jefferson Barracks Bridge over the Mississippi River. That twine apparently resembles cord used to tie four bales of hay found behind the Colemans' home.

smiley-gasp.png
smiley-gasp.png
smiley-gasp.png

Okay - to all of you that were sleuthing those bales of hay, I salute you!!!

salute.gif
salute.gif
salute.gif

Okay - to all of you that were sleuthing those bales of hay, I salute you!!!
Well, except this is twine and I was wrongly stuck on it being wire. :blushing:

But still -- very interesting that they unsealed this document. What good could it possibly do?

Well, except this is twine and I was wrongly stuck on it being wire. :blushing:

But still -- very interesting that they unsealed this document. What good could it possibly do?

Agreed. Possibly they have a discovery law in Illinois similar to the Sunshine Law in Florida?

What a horrific scene. I'm aghast once again! This report appears to make it seem as though CC was planning this as early as JANUARY? How can a person continue day after day with these thoughts and no one knew he was churning with evil inside? I'm completely shocked beyond belief!

What a horrific scene. I'm aghast once again! This report appears to make it seem as though CC was planning this as early as JANUARY? How can a person continue day after day with these thoughts and no one knew he was churning with evil inside? I'm completely shocked beyond belief!
It's beyond me. What I'm reading defies belief. How many times did he kiss his children good night while all this was on his mind?

It's beyond me. What I'm reading defies belief. How many times did he kiss his children good night while all this was on his mind?

I know it!!! And he cooked them a "last supper"???

This makes KC Anthony look like the mother of the year!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members