Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to do multiple posts, but like I've said in my previous post, 'I've been thinking.' :crazy:

I think the *rumor* of Chris being uncharactoristic that last night and fixing dinner for the family may very well be true. It COULD have been Chris' part in trying to make-up to Sheri for *cheating.*

See........quite often when a spouse catches their SO cheating, they don't always yell and scream and kick them out right away or run home to mom/dad. No........especially if there's children involved, there could be a period of time when the couple could 'try to work it out.' I believe, of couse I could be wrong, that that's what was happening that weekend. Sheri was trying to deal with finding out her husband and friend were having an affair. ANd this may NOT have been his first.

Chris playing ball outside with the boys earlier in the day, going in making dinner for everyone,.......where was Sheri????? Was she in her room trying to come to grips with her family situation? Stay with Chris and work it out for the family?

IF it's true Chris made dinner, who did that come from? One of Sheri's friends? Did the friend know WHY Chris was making dinner? Because Sheri was upset?

This is the same type of thing that's happened in many of these cases. SOMEONE knows. Sheri's friends KNOW. Just because WE haven't seen it stated in the news, doesn't mean LE hasn't spoken to these *friends of Sheri's* and know the details of that last night.

The multitude of items located in Chris SUV probably had a *story* to tell LE AND, or, confirm what a *friend of Sheri's* may have told them. Sheri may have been trying to get Chris to leave. The basket of clothes in her vehicle was peculiar, imo, and may have been evidence of Chris telling her to leave or her attempt to leave with the children. The final argument ensued and Sheri ends up dead. The oldest boy may have been woken up by loud voices and come across his dad killing his mom and Chris instinctively killed him too. By then it was most likely too late to stop, so the youngest was .............well, ok, collateral damage. :(

Just some thoughts,
fran

Ok, this will be my last consecutive post, I promise. ;)

About the *other woman.*

Ok, I know this is horrible. What was this person thinking? This was her friend, for crying out loud. Friends don't date their friend's husband!:eek:

Some can't seem to get past that. Some want to *blame* the g/f or WANT to believe she had something to do with the crime.

From what I've been reading, I honestly do NOT think TL was in any way, shape or form, responsible for or was of the knowledge of this crime. NEVER in her wildest dreams could she have imagined this guy was going to go off the deep end as he did. Who of EVERYONE who knew Chris could think he was capable of something so evil?

I'm not saying TL is an innocent. But,...........people have to realize how devious this type of person, meaning Chris (imo) can be. They can fool the best of us. I know, I've been fooled by a couple of my daughter's b/fs who turned out to be, well..................they haven't murdered,...........but believe me, they were full of it and we NEVER saw it coming until it was TOO LATE.

Who knows what sort of BS Chris told TL was going on in his marriage? He could have told her Sheri was crazy (a common claim of abusers), that Sheri and he were getting a divorce or were divorced and hadn't lived as husband and wife since the last son was born. They were staying together for his job. Any number of things.

These guys are LIARS in every sense of the word. They are devious. They fool EVERYONE.

I also do NOT think TL was the *motive* for the crime, just as I do NOT believe that Amber was the motive for SP to kill his wife and child. Everyone tried to claim Amber was the cause of SP doing what he did. NOT true, imo. Just as in this case, NO ONE is responsible for this crime, IMHO, except Chris. He wanted something DIFFERENT than his family, home, children, his life. He wanted a NEW LIFE. Period.

We've seen this over and over and over and over. The Laci Peterson case to begin with and the list is a mile long. Little things no one catches until it's too late.

Yeah, TL is guilty of having an affair with her friends husband. She's going to pay for that indiscretion for the rest of her life. But being part of the actual murder or holding back information from LE after the fact, no, not IMHO.

Maybe TL wasn't the first to contact LE. Maybe they did contact her first. But remember that Chris was playing up these alleged *threats* and maybe TL was afraid for her life. Maybe she was scared to death to contact anyone. But once LE contacted her first and she most likely realized it was Chris, she willingly came back to LE and told them when Chris contacted her.

I don't believe Chris' father told LE about TL. We heard, ORIGINALLY, *rumored*, that *FRIENDS OF SHERI'S* told LE about the woman in Florida. I believe it may be *damage control* of the family, ie Chris' family, to make the public at large think more favorably about Chris' family. I mean, think about it. His parents, we've read, have put up the $$ for the def attorney and they're asking church members to donate for the def fund.

I don't expect Chris' family to abandon him. I don't see anything wrong with the family paying for his def. I do find it disturbing that they'd use the pulpit to ellicit donations for the def fund though. I also find it disturbing that Chris' family has NEVER made any attempt what so ever, to contact Sheri's family. I don't give a darn what Chris may have told them about Sheri or her family. It's just not Christian like OR human-like to treat her family as they have.

Just not right at all,
JMHO
fran

Ok, this will be my last consecutive post, I promise. ;)

About the *other woman.*

Ok, I know this is horrible. What was this person thinking? This was her friend, for crying out loud. Friends don't date their friend's husband!:eek:

Some can't seem to get past that. Some want to *blame* the g/f or WANT to believe she had something to do with the crime.

From what I've been reading, I honestly do NOT think TL was in any way, shape or form, responsible for or was of the knowledge of this crime. NEVER in her wildest dreams could she have imagined this guy was going to go off the deep end as he did. Who of EVERYONE who knew Chris could think he was capable of something so evil?

I'm not saying TL is an innocent. But,...........people have to realize how devious this type of person, meaning Chris (imo) can be. They can fool the best of us. I know, I've been fooled by a couple of my daughter's b/fs who turned out to be, well..................they haven't murdered,...........but believe me, they were full of it and we NEVER saw it coming until it was TOO LATE.

Who knows what sort of BS Chris told TL was going on in his marriage? He could have told her Sheri was crazy (a common claim of abusers), that Sheri and he were getting a divorce or were divorced and hadn't lived as husband and wife since the last son was born. They were staying together for his job. Any number of things.

These guys are LIARS in every sense of the word. They are devious. They fool EVERYONE.

I also do NOT think TL was the *motive* for the crime, just as I do NOT believe that Amber was the motive for SP to kill his wife and child. Everyone tried to claim Amber was the cause of SP doing what he did. NOT true, imo. Just as in this case, NO ONE is responsible for this crime, IMHO, except Chris. He wanted something DIFFERENT than his family, home, children, his life. He wanted a NEW LIFE. Period.

We've seen this over and over and over and over. The Laci Peterson case to begin with and the list is a mile long. Little things no one catches until it's too late.

Yeah, TL is guilty of having an affair with her friends husband. She's going to pay for that indiscretion for the rest of her life. But being part of the actual murder or holding back information from LE after the fact, no, not IMHO.

Maybe TL wasn't the first to contact LE. Maybe they did contact her first. But remember that Chris was playing up these alleged *threats* and maybe TL was afraid for her life. Maybe she was scared to death to contact anyone. But once LE contacted her first and she most likely realized it was Chris, she willingly came back to LE and told them when Chris contacted her.

I don't believe Chris' father told LE about TL. We heard, ORIGINALLY, *rumored*, that *FRIENDS OF SHERI'S* told LE about the woman in Florida. I believe it may be *damage control* of the family, ie Chris' family, to make the public at large think more favorably about Chris' family. I mean, think about it. His parents, we've read, have put up the $$ for the def attorney and they're asking church members to donate for the def fund.

I don't expect Chris' family to abandon him. I don't see anything wrong with the family paying for his def. I do find it disturbing that they'd use the pulpit to ellicit donations for the def fund though. I also find it disturbing that Chris' family has NEVER made any attempt what so ever, to contact Sheri's family. I don't give a darn what Chris may have told them about Sheri or her family. It's just not Christian like OR human-like to treat her family as they have.

Just not right at all,
JMHO
fran

Fantastic post, Fran. You obviously put way better, and took the time to do it, than I ever could. :)

Until I hear more in regard to who initiated the relationship between CC and TL I will hold my opinions to myself.

Although I will say that Sheri was only a phone call or email away from TL if she truly wanted to behave as a friend and find out what was going on with her friend's marriage prior to becoming involved with her friends husband, much less sending out wedding invitations/engagement announcements. It will be interesting to hear more about these peripheral players as they come out.

The comparison to Amber is a moot point IMO, Amber did not know Laci and her family, did not send Sharon Mother's Day Greetings, etc. There really is no comparision beyond a cheating spouse. And Amber took a LOT of heat for her part, even though it was not known to her at that time. Can't really say that about TL now, can we? She will have to face the music for her part in this, even if some insist she had no part. May that cloud that follows her around for the rest of her life be a constant reminder about doing the 'right' thing. End of comparision, IMO of course.

TallCoolOne said:
"The comparison to Amber is a moot point IMO, Amber did not know Laci and her family, did not send Sharon Mother's Day Greetings, etc. There really is no comparision beyond a cheating spouse. And Amber took a LOT of heat for her part, even though it was not known to her at that time. Can't really say that about TL now, can we? She will have to face the music for her part in this, even if some insist she had no part. May that cloud that follows her around for the rest of her life be a constant reminder about doing the 'right' thing. End of comparision, IMO of course."

Hi TCO, I totally agree with you about a 'cloud' following her. I don't think anyone can say anything about that, that she most likely hasn't already said to herself.

The only reason I bring up Amber, is because for months people berated her, etc., etc., etc., NEVER dreaming all the while she was working with LE. .....This case is NOT like that, but we don't KNOW ALL THE FACTS. She may have provided LE with ooogles of stuff and she's probably going to be one of their 'star witnesses.'

I guess it's just I hate to see so much fodder about 'collateral' family, friends, and such in these cases, when there's NOTHING that we know, that could connect this person to the actual crime. Bad behavior, YES,.......and just because their name is in the paper, I don't feel that gives us a license to add further by making stuff up........

You might say I'm coming from the other side of the isle on this. Last year my sis' ex was murdered by his own father. (murder/suicide) It was a horrible crime and has deeply wounded my sis' family, children, grandchildren, friends....But when the details were publicized, the fodder written by complete strangers were so far off the mark it was outrageous to us, who knew BOTH the victim and the perp............fwiw, there was no 'reason' for the crime except the perp was a bitter old man who couldn't bear the thought he would soon die and his son would live without him (ie being *free* of the old bast***d's abuse). No drinking involved.........NO ONE SAW IT COMING........never in our dreams. :(

I've also known a family who was connected by name/blood, to a now convicted inmate on California death row. My other sis' best friend had to leave her home of 30 + years because of the harrassment, threats, etc., by people who didn't even know them, just that they were related. Yeah,.....they also hadn't spoken to the now convicted person in more than 15 years..........they also NEVER DREAMED he would have done what he did. IF they had, they would have turned him in, mark my word for it.

Yes, TL is guilty of having an affair with her friend's spouse. Other than that, we don't know she's guilty of anything else. All the rest is speculation and maybe even just gossip. Not directed at you or anyone in particular, just sayin'.

:blowkiss:
JMHO
fran

Major difference between AF and TL: Amber did a press conference and laid it all out for the public to see. TL hasn't done that. I'm not saying she had anything to do with the crime itself - but she "murdered" her friend's marriage with a whole lot of help from CC.

does anyone know if there will be a memorial anywhere? I was talking with my mother yesterday and was wondering about writing sheri's family later-on about a memorial. I mean, the house is there and I am sure that CC will lose the house to Sheri's family when he gets fried or stretched. So, there will leave a house. Since the law requires a house's history to be known to any potential buyers, I doubt anyone will buy that house. So, it will sit there, empty and unused. For the money that the house is worth, they should strip it and put a nice playground there in that spot, complete with fence a a nice stature of Sheri and the kids. I know if I had the money, I would do that. But first the family is gone and now we will have a sore sight in the community with a good house, but completely empty save the wondering memories of the kids.

AG

They are working on building some sort of memorial for all three victims. That was in part, the news conference they had the day they announced the family's lawsuit. That's why the mayor was there. The family has stated that IF there's any $$ recovered as a result of their lawsuit, it will go towards the fund for the memorial. There was also the local boy who had the sale this weekend and collected almost $4000 (?).....for the fund.

It'll happen. They just aren't clear exactly what. An area at a park, a park itself, or whatever. Probably depends on how much $$ they end up having.

JMHO
fran

thanks for the info, I work all day and can't keep up with everything happening everywhere.

While I do agree with Fran on some things, I do not agree about Tara Lintz being some innocent mistress on the side who had no idea of what she was doing because Chris fed her a bunch of lies. I do believe wholeheartedly she will prove to be Miss Motive in this horrific scenario. I think she was pushing Chris to leave Sheri and the boys. I also think an ultimatum was part of her game before ordering wedding invitations. Granted, she may not have killed Sheri and the boys herself, but you can't make me believe that whatever she said to Chris the night before did not play some role in their murders. (I want to know if he called her after the murders like we have heard, too.)

This wasn't some torrid affair that played itself out with no consequences. Tara Lintz set her sites on her best friend's husband, Chris Coleman, and she wasn't going to take no for an answer. She saw (and experienced) the life Sheri and the boys had...and she wanted it for herself. The trips, the money, the house, the jewelry, and the cars were Tara's if she played Chris right.

Tara is not some highly impressionable young woman. She is skilled in how to play men and uses this skill every night in her profession in order to get the big tips. This is key in her job description.

I am not saying that Chris is not just as responsible for this affair as Tara is because they both are at fault for allowing it to happen and to go as far as Chris killing his entire family for it. He wanted Tara and nothing was going to stand in his way of having her. She wanted Chris and was pushing him to get rid of his family, but she thought he would simply divorce Sheri. It doesn't excuse the fact she did not care at all about Sheri's feelings, how the boys' were going to be hurt emotionally, or how they were going to survive knowing Chris was marrying her to live "happily ever after". She was selfishly going after what she wanted with total disregard for anyone else.

You are right...she is NO Amber Frey. Amber would never have done what this B*tch has done to destroy a family on purpose. Miss Motive tried her best to take everything from Sheri while she was alive and she ended up with nothing. I hope LE wasn't so intent on sealing the deal on Chris that they overlooked how instrumental Miss Motive truly was in all of this.

I agree with Seriouslysearching, if MM was innocent, she would have first met CC and when he stated that he was married, she would have just left him, but she didn't. She obviously thought that she could exist with CC and his wife and be a love of his as well. Does that make her innocent? NO. She would be partially guilty for the cuckoldry, if we were to use an old name. There is never one person who is guilty in an affair, it is two people. So she is guilty also, but what is worse, MM was the Motive for him to want to leave his wife and kids. So, she must have also been the motive to kill them, for if he didn't kill them, would they have left him and taken the money along with them? This way, he ha sto pay no allamony or child support and can have just her and strings.

That is incorrect, per the search warrant. See the first paragraph:

http://media.bnd.com/smedia/2009/05/29/15/ColemanDocument.source.prod_affiliate.98.pdf

does anyone know if there will be a memorial anywhere? I was talking with my mother yesterday and was wondering about writing sheri's family later-on about a memorial. I mean, the house is there and I am sure that CC will lose the house to Sheri's family when he gets fried or stretched. So, there will leave a house. Since the law requires a house's history to be known to any potential buyers, I doubt anyone will buy that house. So, it will sit there, empty and unused. For the money that the house is worth, they should strip it and put a nice playground there in that spot, complete with fence a a nice stature of Sheri and the kids. I know if I had the money, I would do that. But first the family is gone and now we will have a sore sight in the community with a good house, but completely empty save the wondering memories of the kids.

Ugh...I can't imagine living in the neighborhood with "that house" at this point, Artie! I'm so sorry! I'll bet it seems very ominous and evil there at this point :-(

I agree with Seriouslysearching, if MM was innocent, she would have first met CC and when he stated that he was married, she would have just left him, but she didn't. She obviously thought that she could exist with CC and his wife and be a love of his as well. Does that make her innocent? NO. She would be partially guilty for the cuckoldry, if we were to use an old name. There is never one person who is guilty in an affair, it is two people. So she is guilty also, but what is worse, MM was the Motive for him to want to leave his wife and kids. So, she must have also been the motive to kill them, for if he didn't kill them, would they have left him and taken the money along with them? This way, he ha sto pay no allamony or child support and can have just her and strings.
I think we will eventually find she was either at their wedding or at least she received an invitation to attend. He didn't have to state he was married to Sheri and had children. There is a photo of Tara holding Garett according to Enrico M.

I would love to see a photo of the wedding party. It is always possible Tara was in it as a bridesmaid.

AG - I think a park on the Coleman lot would be an excellent idea since many kids in your neighborhood knew the kids and are also recovering from grief. I wonder if the family would consider that since it is in an "isolated" area (compared to a public park)? I hope so for your benefit - it must be difficult for everyone in your area who pass the house every day - a constant reminder of the evil that happened there.

I think we will eventually find she was either at their wedding or at least she received an invitation to attend. He didn't have to state he was married to Sheri and had children. There is a photo of Tara holding Garett according to Enrico M.

I would love to see a photo of the wedding party. It is always possible Tara was in it as a bridesmaid.

BBM - Ditto, Ditto, Ditto.....

Hmmm..... always a bridesmaid, never a bride? I was wondering that same thing if she had attended the wedding.

ETA: Yes, I realize she WAS actually married at one time. Just sayin'.......

While knocking it down would serve a purpose for the community, truly the best thing would be for someone with a happy family to buy it and fill it back up with love, laughter, and life. You may be surprised that someone would consider living there, but it happens on a regular basis. When another family moves in, the sight of the house will turn from pain to joy again as the neighborhood watches the children play and realizes life goes on after murder.

I think the memorial will end up being very nice (I expect the jury to be very generous towards her family) and will be what Sheri would have wanted for the community. It would be good for it to be placed in a central area to be enjoyed by many families instead of only in the neighborhood, imo.

Until I see differently, and we may never find out, I'm not going to ASSUME that TL was Chris' motive for murdering his wife and children. I don't believe that someone with this type of mind, really needs someone egging them on to come to them.

IF it's true that Chris in fact did have OTHER women, that kind of blows that theory out of the water, IMO, that TL was the motive. Remember SP? He was {shopping} for another woman. :mad:

For now, we can just agree to disagree.

IMHO, CHRIS did this crime and NO ONE else is to blame for that. He's an evil person, IMHO. oh.............ALLEGEDLY ;)

JMHO
fran

Miss Motive tried her best to take everything from Sheri while she was alive and she ended up with nothing. .

th06SmileyFuriousComputer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members