Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation: a smaller task force will take over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donjeta, you bring up a good point and something I've wondered about. Would the public be aware if child protection services were involved? I thought those records were sealed from the public. TIA

Donjeta, you bring up a good point and something I've wondered about. Would the public be aware if child protection services were involved? I thought those records were sealed from the public. TIA

I don't think we'd see the records but IMO with all the media attention surrounding the case someone would be likely to find out sooner or later if there was a major intervention such as the baby being placed in foster care. We heard about Kaine moving out pretty much as it happened.

We might also see a change in Kaine's demeanor and possibly Desiree's if she knew about it.

Did anyone get a different vibe from the sheriff as to why he appeared upset?

This is very interesting, as many have speculated that Terri and others rescuing Kyron from an abusive situation is one of only a few reasons why a group of people would band together to disappear a child and would continue to maintain silence in the face of personal destruction.

If Terri had altruistic, if misguided reasons for disappearing Kyron, then I believe much of the public would be "surprised" and that could account for Staton's off the cuff remark about "we have knowledge of things we wish we didn't."

Hmm...

Certainly, Terri as the altruistic heroine and Kaine as villain is one scenario discussed on the pro-Terri Internet sites and would be certainly fit the mold of the uber-LE surprise of all time...but here's why it seems uber-unlikely to me.

For discussion purposes, let's assume it's true. Kaine is an abuser. Terri arranges Kyron disappearance to save him. (any use of the word "you" in the following is impersonal and just my rhetorical style)

Okay. Kaine = horrible abuser. Terri= Savior of Children.

1. Look at the video of the first press conference with Terri draped all over Kaine. There is a still shot of Terri in that pose here:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-horman-renewed-hope-missing-grader-alive/story?id=11094002

Ask yourself if her body language, her clinging to Kaine is what you would be doing if this monster were abusing your stepson? Could you bear to touch him, lean on his chest? Why bother to give him that kind of emotional cover? You despise him. Could you touch him...add to the image of him as a suffering father? Look at Terri looking at Desiree. Could you play HERO and VANISH her child...and inflict as much pain on the other people who love the child? Could you put the bio Mom through all that agony?

2. Then there's this quote:

According to sources, Terri Horman had talked to the landscaper about being in a bad marriage and had claimed that Kaine had "hurt" her emotionally.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Hormanprobelatest-97771724.html

I'd assume if things were so extreme (Kaine's abuse) that killing my husband became a very real option...that I might mention this abuse in an attempt to justify the murder to the guy I'm trying to hire. It sure beats saying...

"He hurt me emotionally." Might even get you a discount in what you have to pay the Murderer.

3. Then there is the email after Kaine left with Baby K.

"OK, I love you but this is ridiculous. What you are doing is parental child abduction and is illegal. I need to know where my daughter is and if she is safe. You were really upset with me when you left. What is it that I/we need to do to reconcile this? I don't want to call 911 but I need a resolution please. If I don't hear from you in an hour I will call 911," Terri Horman wrote to Kaine Horman.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24581546/detail.html

Would you be writing of your love, trying to reconcile with this Child Abuser? And even if this is a ruse to get Baby K back...after the MFH didn't pan out, and you had to find an underground network to give Somebody ELSE's child to...and craft a plan for Kyron's disappearance...do you think SuperMOM Terri might have given a little thought to how this might pan out in regard to Baby K? How to safeguard her? She is alleged to be so very organized. Not planning for Baby K...is a big OOPS.

Remember Terri ia an amazing organizer:

"She had those kids walking down the hall in a straight line not talking," the former colleague said. "She was really organized. She had everything laid out for days ahead. She was really in control of what she was doing. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

4. Terri's image. Recalling that somehow Terri had been portrayed as Desiree's best friend and savior...living for pure and altruistic reason's with Desiree husband...just to care for her newborn...I have no doubt that when this whole story blew up...Terri as Hero, as Child Protector would have stepped forward again. It certainly would logically be her best option. Press conference..."I did this to save a child I loved. When I am sure LE is taking this seriously and Kaine can hurt no other child, I will arrange for Kyron's safe return." Something like that.

The Terri that is so concerned about her image on the Internet...could have flipped the whole thing around. but she would rather go months suspected as a child killer...the Step-Monster that hurt that innocent little soul that loved her? Really?

5. Why not go to Tony and Desiree? Tony is LE. You email Desiree all the time. Whatever hard feelings simmer under the surface toward Terri, Desiree has to see Kaine as a hurtful betrayer too. Before you send someone else's child into a Black Hole to save him, would one not try conventional means...like gathering evidence and enlisting the other parent to make your case? What human would do this to Desiree?

6. Terri has very supportive parents. She could have moved herself and ALL THREE children there at any moment. Not everyone has supportive escape options but she does. Why make one child disappear...put one child through the confusion and fear of separation...when you have options?

No, I cannot see this as a logical scenario for the comment about LE's suprise. The two things that have surprised me most is the Murder-for-Hire Plot by Terri and the gleeful animal abuse lasting 5-6 days by her buddy Dede.

(Here is her actual blog about the puppy, saved in Google cache (just click "cancel" when prompted for a password):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

At this point, as more about the capacity for cruelty these two women possess emerges...LE might themselves be "surprised" to find some us will find nothing about Terri and Dede "surprising" anymore.

I haven't read this entire thread, so please forgive me if this has already been asked/answered. Has there been any comment from Kaine and/or Desiree since the announcement was made about downsizing the investigation to as special task force? They had continually expressed their satisfaction in the way that the case was progressing, and I wonder if they feel the same now that there is a much smaller team of professionals working on the case.

I haven't seen a peep from them. I feel terrible for both of them, being away, in another state, mind on taping an interview with *Oprah*, get done there, and they get a call from a reporter telling them what's going on back home with Staton and the whole investigation being downscaled to a little task force. What a kick in the gut.

I'm disappointed in Staton that he held the press conference when he did. I feel he put his own reputation ahead of Kaine and Desiree's well being. I feel it would have been much kinder to wait the little bit of time for Kaine and Desiree to get back, meet with them, explain to them what was going on, answer their questions, give them a bit to catch their breath, and *then* explain it to the public.

I'm not surprised we haven't heard from Kaine or Desiree. Their heads must be spinning. I feel terrible for them.

I would be shocked if there's a single taxpayer in Portland who would not have been fine to wait a day for Staton to meet with Kaine and Desiree.

Yes. I think he was caught with his pants down. I think he didn't expect (as he should have) that what he'd said at the breakfast meeting would be publicized. I think he took heat for it, and I'd bet that Shrunk is one of those who applied that heat, and I don't think, from what I've read, that Shrunk's heat is pleasant.

Staton doesn't, to me, come across well even when he's prepared. This press conference was unplanned, and as I said, I think after taking some heat.

He didn't do well at all. That's what I think we saw and heard. I think way more than is warranted is being read into it.

:cow:

I did! I felt the Sheriff found out more background history regarding all the players within and was not thrilled with what he learned and wish he didn't know this information, of which, has NOTHING to do with Kyron's disappearance.

I give no credence at all to the speculation/theory/whatever that Terri was trying to "rescue" Kyron from any abusive situation.

There are no signs or indications or reports whatever that Kyron was abused in any way.

From all appearances and reports, everyone involved in Kyron's care-taking - parents, step-parents, teachers - are good and loving people who took good care of him.

From all appearances and reports, Kyron was a very happy, loved, well-taken-care-of child.

From all appearances and reports, Laci Peterson was a very happily married young wife and Mother-to-be. We just never know.

IMO, the Sheriff didn't have to tell Kaine and Desiree what they planned on doing with the task force as it was clearly evident funds were low and they needed to scale down in order to also protect the citizens of Portland with funds left for the year.

Also, for all we know the Sheriff may have tried to contact Kaine and Desiree to let them know of the upcoming presser regarding the task force and was unable to reach them as they were on their way to Chicago to be on Oprah. For all we know, Kaine and Desiree may not have told the Sheriff of their plans to be on Oprah. :crazy:

From all appearances and reports, Laci Peterson was a very happily married young wife and Mother-to-be. We just never know.

Okay. I'm convinced. Maybe Kaine was abusing Kyron, and Terri was trying to rescue him.

ETA: Nah, never mind. I'm not convinced. I just don't see any signs of abusers or abuse.

Okay. I'm convinced. Maybe Kaine was abusing Kyron, and Terri was trying to rescue him.

ETA: Nah, never mind. I'm not convinced. I just don't see any signs of abusers or abuse.

Fair enough.

One thing is certain, the public has very limited stuff to work with...theory wise.

IMO, the Sheriff didn't have to tell Kaine and Desiree what they planned on doing with the task force as it was clearly evident funds were low and they needed to scale down in order to also protect the citizens of Portland with funds left for the year.

Also, for all we know the Sheriff may have tried to contact Kaine and Desiree to let them know of the upcoming presser regarding the task force and was unable to reach them as they were on their way to Chicago to be on Oprah. For all we know, Kaine and Desiree may not have told the Sheriff of their plans to be on Oprah. :crazy:

Didn't the sheriff say that Kaine and Desiree were on their way home from Chicago after taping the show? I may have to go back and listen again, when work doesn't call.

Fair enough.

One thing is certain, the public has very limited stuff to work with...theory wise.

Is it possible that it is limited because thats all there is?
Did they spend over a million dollars barking up the wrong tree?
Did they concentrate on solving the crime rather than finding the child?

I am not sure of anything they are saying at this point. MOO

And I am convinced Terri was abusing Kyron and most probably baby K too and thankfully Kaine rescued baby K.. I do recall hiim stating something about baby K is a totally different child now since she is away from her mother.....JMHO

It's like DV, where some of it is quite evident to the neighbors, and some where nobody saw it and it comes as a complete surprise.

Is it possible that it is limited because thats all there is?Did they spend over a million dollars barking up the wrong tree?
Did they concentrate on solving the crime rather than finding the child?

I am not sure of anything they are saying at this point. MOO

I don't think so...I believe there is more but not one big thing that allows them to make an immediate arrest. I think there are small pieces of evidence that need to be pulled together to form a picture for the jurors. It will be prosecuted, the DA has said as much. Will they get a conviction, I sure the heck hope so! Geez, even with all the evidence they had on OJ...well...you know.....

just a quick thought...

If Terri was "saving" Kyron from abuse...wouldn't it make more sense to get help from his own Mommy? Plus wouldn't she get out of dodge with that sweet baby K.(and fight like he!! to get her back now) To me it doesn't add up at all.

And I am convinced Terri was abusing Kyron and most probably baby K too and thankfully Kaine rescued baby K.. I do recall hiim stating something about baby K is a totally different child now since she is away from her mother.....JMHO

I don't see any signs of abuse.

Kaine and Desiree have indicated there was no abuse.

I firmly believe both Kaine and Desiree love Kyron, are good parents, and would never have allowed abuse to go on.

It's like DV, where some of it is quite evident to the neighbors, and some where nobody saw it and it comes as a complete surprise.

I'm very familiar with abuse. I was abused as a child. As an adult, I worked for years in the domestic violence arena.

I see no signs or indications, nor are there any reports, of Kyron having been abused by anyone - not Kaine, not Desiree, not Terri, not Tony, not teachers, not neighbors, not anyone.

All signs, indications, and reports are that he was a happy, loved child who was well taken care of by everyone with responsibility for his care.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member