She's back again!

Oh my heavens! She is not alone in her thinking. From the Washington Post article: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/2007/04/laura_mallory_v_harry_potter_3.html
came this post in response to the article:

"Satan is so clever in his deception. The pro-Potter lobby (can't spell Potter without Pot) truely believes they are fighting for literacy. But those of faith have the vision to see that there fight is being manipulated by the Dark ONe.
Laura Mallory is not alone. She speaks for the majority of mom's who want to protect our children from the evil forces in the world. God has given us the strength and we will not stand for your evil spewage. We have the will and the solem duty to defend our loved ones.

God Bless You Laura!

Posted by: Maria | April 21, 2007 10:19 AM"

The snip about "can't spell Potter without Pot" just about blew me away! There is enough true evil in this world without looking for it under leaves (pun intended) and rocks. I would hate to live my life with this mindthought!

And speaking of the word "spewage!"
My god these people need a life. if they want to change the world or protect their children from "evil forces" There are plenty of real dangers and evil people in the world...

What exactly are they defending their loved ones from??
A harmless story??
I wonder does that mean that these children do not watch Disney movies either?
Almost all of them have some form of magic or an evil which in them.

i recently read all 6 harry potter books,and im looking forward to the next one.
seems to me it is a fight between love and hate, evil and good, and so far, good and love win.
how that can be bad for kids i cant fathom...

Who is that Ann lady, you know who "diatribes" against the 9/11 widows Cutler or Coulter. Are Laura Mallory and the aforementioned related somehow or do they just suffer from the same disorder.

Oh my heavens! She is not alone in her thinking. From the Washington Post article: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/2007/04/laura_mallory_v_harry_potter_3.html
came this post in response to the article:

"Satan is so clever in his deception. The pro-Potter lobby (can't spell Potter without Pot) truely believes they are fighting for literacy. But those of faith have the vision to see that there fight is being manipulated by the Dark ONe.

Laura Mallory is not alone. She speaks for the majority of mom's who want to protect our children from the evil forces in the world. God has given us the strength and we will not stand for your evil spewage. We have the will and the solem duty to defend our loved ones.

God Bless You Laura!

Posted by: Maria | April 21, 2007 10:19 AM"

The snip about "can't spell Potter without Pot" just about blew me away! There is enough true evil in this world without looking for it under leaves (pun intended) and rocks. I would hate to live my life with this mindthought!

My favorite is when people like this make spelling and grammatical errors. It just gives them the air of authority they deserve.

I am an unrepentant lover of all things Harry Potter - total geek. I even have a Time Turner pendant! LOL!

So, way back when we found out that the last book would be coming out on 7/21/07, I went to DH and said, "You have to give me that day and let me disappear with that book and read it from cover to cover. If you do this for me, I will love you even longer than the 50 years I have already promised you" and DH is the best and responds "As you wish, love of my life, I will do anything to keep you happy. I will watch the children and you can lounge around and eat bon bons and read the Deathly Hallows straight through."

I've been looking forward to this day all year!:dance:

Until.....DH comes home a month ago and tells me he has to go out of the country for work for three weeks to all sorts of exotic places - Milan and Dubai and Scotland and Thailand - and his company just got all the meetings scheduled and the travel booked and guess when he leaves....July 21, 2007.

I even pled my case to his boss, who put me on speakerphone and made me repeat my entreaty to the entire group so that they could laugh at me in unison. Very nice.

DH sure is lucky that I love him so much....

Alright, SCM. That's too bad for you, really it is, but the story as you tell it is hilarious! :D

I think it's wonderful that he agreed to do that for you, even if it did fall through.

Welcome back, btw! How was your vacation?

I am an unrepentant lover of all things Harry Potter - total geek. I even have a Time Turner pendant! LOL!

So, way back when we found out that the last book would be coming out on 7/21/07, I went to DH and said, "You have to give me that day and let me disappear with that book and read it from cover to cover. If you do this for me, I will love you even longer than the 50 years I have already promised you" and DH is the best and responds "As you wish, love of my life, I will do anything to keep you happy. I will watch the children and you can lounge around and eat bon bons and read the Deathly Hallows straight through."

Until.....DH comes home a month ago and tells me he has to go out of the country for work for three weeks to all sorts of exotic places - Milan and Dubai and Scotland and Thailand - and his company just got all the meetings scheduled and the travel booked and guess when he leaves....July 21, 2007.

I even pled my case to his boss, who put me on speakerphone and made me repeat my entreaty to the entire group so that they could laugh at me in unison. Very nice.

OMG! ROFLOL!!!

You poor thing. Too bad your kids aren't old enough to fend for themselves for a few hours. When the last book came out, DH bought 2 copies at midnight, and we were both useless for the next day. We met only the basic needs. The kids thought it was heavenly!

We waited until both of us were done (literally less than 36 hours later) and presented a copy to each of the boys so that we didn't have to decide who got to read it first. It was worth every penny! Then we caught up on our sleep and did fun stuff with DD, who is too young for the books yet. The boys were hardly seen for about a week.

I cannot wait!!!

You could always hire a babysitter, go to the library or the park and read in peace.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am sorry but I couldn't resist the laugh! I think you are a brave soul taking on his boss this way for the sake of your beloved Harry Potter! How about you hire a sitter and take a day or two to head to a nice hotel to curl up with your book? If hubby can go to Dubai...you can certainly go to a local hotel! (And make his boss pay for it! LOL)

OMG! ROFLOL!!!

You poor thing. Too bad your kids aren't old enough to fend for themselves for a few hours. When the last book came out, DH bought 2 copies at midnight, and we were both useless for the next day. We met only the basic needs. The kids thought it was heavenly!

We waited until both of us were done (literally less than 36 hours later) and presented a copy to each of the boys so that we didn't have to decide who got to read it first. It was worth every penny! Then we caught up on our sleep and did fun stuff with DD, who is too young for the books yet. The boys were hardly seen for about a week.

I cannot wait!!!

Hi angel,

Yes - if they were just a bit older! I will live, but it was just so decadent and exotic to imagine having a whole 24 hours to myself to do nothing but read the final book!!!

I am an unrepentant lover of all things Harry Potter...

I draw the line at dressing up like the characters, but like you, I simply can't put a Potter book down once I pick it up.

Isn't it time your kids had a sleepover at their friends' house? If you start right at midnight, you can have the book finished by the time they get home Saturday morning.

My ex-SIL refuses to allow my nephew to read or see HP, on religious grounds... which I respect, but find totally hypocritical because she allows him to read LOTR books and watch the LOTR movies. I have yet to figure out her concepts that witches/wizards/ethereal beings in the LOTR series are benign, but yet the witches/wizards/ethereal beings in HP are a spawn of the devil, evil, and trying to undermine our children.
same with my brother's wife and their 3 kids--hypocritical is right

My ex-SIL refuses to allow my nephew to read or see HP, on religious grounds... which I respect, but find totally hypocritical because she allows him to read LOTR books and watch the LOTR movies. I have yet to figure out her concepts that witches/wizards/ethereal beings in the LOTR series are benign, but yet the witches/wizards/ethereal beings in HP are a spawn of the devil, evil, and trying to undermine our children.

I guess her church didn't tell her what to think about LOTR... :angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back