"She's Going Places" ~ Rascal Flatts Tribute

:::smiles::: I did too, this is a great starting point to heal

a friend of mine and myself, have both lost someone we love dearly this last year, so it hit doubly hard to see Caylee tossed aside so wantonly when we yearn for one more hour, one more hug, one more smile or laugh from those in our lives who have left us too soon... and then she walks free and we are still bound by our grief and have taken Caylee into our hearts as our own , well, this was a wonderful way to turn the grief into something more hopeful...

so I posted in on my page and on hers... because its a wonderful tribute for those of us who believe we will see them again...
It makes me sad...I guess I haven't gotten to the hopeful place...yet. Still feel as if sweet Caylee was failed time and time again.
Thanks, Rascal Flatts. What a beautiful way to memorialize this beautiful child.

What a beautiful song. Even though I'm not a huge fan of country music, I have always LOVED Rascal Flatts. I'm going to post this on my FB, too. <3

I dare anyone to listen to that and not shed a tear for Caylee~such a sweet beautiful angel in Gods hands now.

Tears are healing and I hope this helps those of us who are kiind of stuck in a place of having to move on but not really sure how...at least that is where I am now and it felt kinda good to finally have a good cry.

Linked to facebook as well.

Thank you for posting this.....I hadn't heard about it.

Mr. Flatts and all who were involved with creating such a beautiful tribute to Precious Caylee......
Thank you. Sincerely, Thank you.

Thanks PurpleIris for posting this beautiful song. I haven't gotten past the tearful stage yet, and this song just made me reach for more tissues. Oh, sweet Caylee Marie, you were such a ray of sunshine.

The song is beautiful. It did make me cry. I hope that everyone here will find it healing. I know that I need it.

I've been avoiding listening to this song as I knew it would rip me to pieces. I was right.

It's beautiful.

I have finally cried.

Me too. I got a little weepy when I heard there was a verdict but once I heard what it was, I was too angry to cry....which is strange because crying is usually the first thing I do when I'm angry.

Thanks so much for posting this. And thanks to everyone here who understands being emotional about this whole situation. Most people don't understand how a stranger can become so emotionally involved. It's nice to have a place to come where people get it.

Rascal Flatts' Gary LeVox, Cledus T. Judd & Jimmy Yeary Co-Write Song for Caylee Anthony

The entire country was rocked by the not-guilty verdict that came this week in the trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida woman accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. But not to be overshadowed by outrage for the verdict is sorrow for the little girl who lost her life, in a mysterious death for which no one may ever know the full story.

Rascal Flatts' Gary LeVox teamed up with country comedian/radio host Cledus T. Judd and famed songwriter Jimmy Yeary to write a song for Caylee. The tune, performed by Shane Hines, is called 'She's Going Places,' and opens with these tearjerking lines: "Just a baby, barely two years old / A story that shouldn't have to be told / See that little girl with big brown eyes / Stole our hearts and touched our lives."

Cledus told his listeners on Tampa Bay's WQYK radio this morning that he hopes the song will help focus the attention back on the precious little girl and away from the trial. Listen to 'She's Going Places' below.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

:bump: Caylee's beautiful song to the top of the page. Bless you sweet angel!

Rascal Flatts is one of country's best bands.... their harmonies are second to none, probably because 2 of the 3 are cousins. I've loved them for over 15 years... for them to make this song is just beautiful. My heart goes out to them in gratitude for helping all of us start to heal thru the touching gift of their music.

I wish someone would make this a sticky. The song needs to be heard and
re- heard. I know it eased my anger at the jury when I hear it.

She was just a baby, barely 2 years old
A story that shouldn't have to be told
See that little girl with big brown eyes stole our hearts & touched our lives
And now we cry cause we can't understand.
You see ~ she wanted to learn to play guitar, be a ballerina or a movie star.

She could have gone so far
Now She can be anything that she wants to
She can ride her bike every afternoon and she can laugh & play with her dolls & her games.
Just like all little girls should get to do.
too young for her life to be taken.
She's going places.

I bet she spends her time skipping rope, drawing rainbows on streets paved with gold.
She'll ride her big wheel jumping curbs in a parking lot of a great big church & I wish I could see it all
Her memory will live on right here until I get over there & see her again.

She can be anything that she wants to,
she can ride her bike every afternoon,
she can laugh & play in those backyard games just like all little girls should get to do.
Too young for her life to be taken
She's going places.

She can play kickball, go swim & see-saw just like all little girls should get to do.
We shall sing sweet Caylee's praises, she's safe in the arms of God's good graces.
She's going places.

Positively beautiful song for our beautiful angel, Caylee. The lightning and this song has brought me a peace I wasn't sure I could find so soon after the verdict. Thank you RF for making this beautiful tribute to precious Caylee!

I too, cried like a baby when I hear this masterpiece. Thank you, Rascal Flatts.

Here's to also hoping that every radio station in Pinellas county plays this beautiful song every ten minutes.

Beautiful and touching tribute to Caylee Marie Anthony....I cried like a baby :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C
Back