Shoplifter requests 10 second 'headstart' before calling police

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to shoplift a TV.

But that didn’t stop a man Sunday from walking out with a 23-inch television in plain view of an employee at an electronics store on Academy Boulevard near The Citadel mall.

The man walked into SoundTrack about 5:45 p.m., asked employee Jason Caldwell, “What’s going on?” and headed for the televisions.

Moments later, the man passed Caldwell clutching a display model of a Phillips LCD television, similar to a flat-screen computer monitor, with his jacket draped over it.

Caldwell told him to stop, that he couldn’t just have the TV.

“He said he had to take it,” Caldwell said. “He gave me some story about how someone was going to kill his mom.”

Caldwell said the man whipped out a pocket knife and threatened to cut him before fleeing through a fire exit.

He had one last question: “Can you give me a 10-second delay before calling the cops?”

Caldwell didn’t oblige.

Police collared Ashanti Black, 22, hiding a block away at McDonald’s. The $1,300 TV was stashed in the women’s restroom.

http://www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1307550&secid=1

I know of a story of someone walking out of Wal-Mart with a 52" TV.

They put it in a cart,said "good evening"to the greeter and kept on walking right out the door,drove away and GOT away with it......

THATS chutzpah!!!!!!!!!!! :D

This guy.......not too swift!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01