Should Adam be allowed to return to Australia?

Should Adam Baker be allowed to leave the United States?

• Yes, AB should be allowed to return to Australia.

Votes: 25 15.7%
  • No, AB should not be allowed to leave the USA.

Votes: 125 78.6%
  • I am unsure.

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters
It has been reported (see here) that Adam Baker has paid off his worthless cheques and is to meet with police later this week. It has also been reported that AB would like to return to Australia.

Do you think that AB's passport should be returned, and he should be allowed to leave the country knowing that his extradition back would be difficult and costly if even possible. Or do you believe AB should be forced to remain in USA, knowing he is unable to earn an income, until ...when? When should he be allowed to leave? After the trial?

My own personal thoughts are conflicted. The DA's office has said that there is no credible evidence anyone but EB is involved. I have to believe, and I do, that they know more than I do. Because of their conviction, I am forced to believe he should be considered innocent. I do not believe an 'innocent' man should be forced to stay in a strange land, especially when he is unable to support himself while he is there. As much as it pains me to say it, I believe that I could not support not returning his passport to him, and allowing him to leave the country, based on what we know now.

He wanted to go to USA in the first place, IMO he should have been kept there, there should have been a clause on the application,he could only go back with Zarah,He would have done a better job looking after Zarah then,I'm furious he got to go back to Australia with Zarahs remains,He got his own way again,Zarahs remains should have been given to Emily,she trusted him to look after Zarah as she was to iIl at that time,He could have left Zarah with his mum KB and gone over to USA on his own..the way they treated Emilly was disqusting,and now that girl is gone forever.RIP Zarah...xxxx

Well if he ever gets to return once he's done time in the US for whatever they can get on him, I hope Australia is lining up a surprise of their own for his part in taking Zahra out of the country illegally in the first place.

MOO

I hope where ever he's living in Australia, i hope they never let him forget his neglect of Zarah,I hope he's haunted every day for the rest of his life,and i for one will never ever forgive or forget his neglect of Zarah,IMO he should be in jail for neglect..

I disagree with your statement "It doesn't sound like he did anything bad to Zahra though." I think his not protecting his only child is doing something bad to them. I think not speaking to any child who is living in your home for 2weeks is doing something bad to them. Remember Adam thought Zahra was alive during those two weeks...or least that is what he tells the media. But wait, he also told the media he saw Zahra fully out of bed on Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, or whatever day.

Regarding your statement "There is no account of any physical abuse of the child when she was in Australia." Australia has strict privacy laws and we will NEVER know the truth about that.

I don't feel one ounce of pity for him. He could have prevented her death! Yes, I am angry that he is not behind bars where he belongs.
Agree with your last paragraph..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike