Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
I voted yes simply because KC is obviously not a normal human being. You may think she's cruel and heartless, but it's also clear that she's mentally unstable. Inmates have the right to medical treatment, and mental health is definitely a medical issue.

To clarify, I do agree that sociopaths can't be rehabilitated. Narcissistic personality disorder is one of the most difficult psychiatric disorders to treat because those affected do not think they are ever in the wrong. I do feel that KC is evil, and although she is mentally ill I don't believe she can plead insanity here. And even with counseling, I don't think KC could ever be "cured" no matter what. I do not think it's possible to do something as heinous as murdering your own child without being mentally damaged for life. I can't imagine how a sane person could ever begin to reconcile that.

No mentally healthy person could possibly get into this situation. My daughter was an infant when Caylee was first reported "missing" :rolleyes: and now she is 3 - just a couple months older than Caylee was when she died. I can't even fathom it. I can't even bring myself to even READ all of the details of the murder. Meanwhile, KC actually DID it. You really need to be bat***** crazy to even consider doing such a thing to your own child.

So she's clearly totally screwy in the head, and while my blood boils when I think of how poor Caylee was treated during her short life, I also think that untreated mental health problems are often why we see cases like this. I can't help but wonder what kind of family the A's would be if they had all been seeking treatment for their obvious psychiatric issues rather than whitewashing, and what that could have meant for little Caylee. I don't think it benefits anyone to allow such harmful psychiatric disorders to go untreated. Even if treatment does nothing for KC herself, maybe we can get some insight into sociopaths/narcissists and get closer to figuring out how to identify and protect their children from suffering a similar fate as Caylee.

JMO. :angel:

great post!

Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
(2) Mental health services shall be available to all inmates;
(b) Priority for mental health treatment services shall be given to inmates who are experiencing or who are at risk for developing symptoms of mental disorder, which symptoms significantly impair ability to function adequately within the general inmate population.
http://www.flrules.org/gateway/readF...33-404.101.doc

Originally Posted by Ada View Post
I've seen a lot of prisoner's mental health records (part of my job, don't ask lol). I see them being treated for depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety. I have never seen a record of a prisoner being treated for a personality disorder. A personality disorder may be listed as one of their diagnoses, but, not as something that is being treated.

RBBM--I think these two posts nicely amplify one another. Far from "impairing her ability to function adequately" in gen pop, ICA's personality disorder would be a positive boon to surviving prison life.

The only thing that would seriously impair her ability to function adequately in general population would be the other prisoners, IYKWIM...

Just wanted to add that the treatment received was medications and medication monitoring. I've not seen any prison records where they were receiving counseling in addition to medication. This is only the records in my state, so don't know what they do elsewhere.

ICA has to know she has a problem and be strongly motivated to work on that problem in order to benefit from counseling.

Otherwise, it will be a way to kill time, make another BFF and talk about herself (Casey's favorite topic). Oh...she'd probaly like to talk about all the BETRAYALS too.

ICA has to know she has a problem and be strongly motivated to work on that problem in order to benefit from counseling.

Otherwise, it will be a way to kill time, make another BFF and talk about herself (Casey's favorite topic). Oh...she'd probaly like to talk about all the BETRAYALS too.

I agree. She'd enjoy it too much.

I can't see why she would need counseling anyway. She's not going to prison to be rehabilitated. She's either going to serve life without parole or she'll get the death penalty.

What would counseling do? Teach her how to get along with other death row inmates?

I vote no.

Enough taxpayer money has been spent on her already - any more would be a "waste, a huge waste!"

She seems pretty happy and content. Bounces into the courtroom, giggles, smiles... Doesn't seem like she needs or wants help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back