Should Darlie have a new trial?

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
IMO, of course she should have a new trial. Her defence team should be allowed the opportunity to have access to, and to test, evidence. Then they should have the opportunity to present this evidence infront of an unbiased and uninfluenced jury. After all a womans life is at stake here, and if it so happens that she didnt commit this crime im sure that everyone would be relieved that they found this out BEFORE they executed her!
I absolutely agree. I think the Rowlett PD made so many mistakes and made such a mess of the investigation. i am far from being convinced ot her guilt.

The biggest red flag for me - as far as "people reacting in various ways to extreme stress" - did she spend another night in that house after being attacked and sleeping next to her children while they were brutally murdered?

I was a basket case when I discovered a burglar had been in our home, no indication he was intent on harming anyone, just looking for stuff to sell. I went and stayed with family for a two weeks even though I knew he wouldn't be back because he was in jail.

I couldn't imagine ever setting foot in her house after my children being butchered. Not even to pack up to move. I'd never feel safe during the day, let alone being able to fall asleep again there. Since the "real murderer" hadn't been caught, did she have a problem with her baby living there; I mean she couldn't protect her boys even though she was sleeping two feet away from them.

I'd be so terrified that the killer would want to come back to kill me because they thought I might be able to identify them; no way would I be giving interviews and inviting the press to come to the graves of my children.

Yes, there's a variety of coping methods victims have, but people don't react THAT far off the scale.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back