SIDEBAR #22- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure but you might try blowing a hair dryer on it just to make sure it's not frozen, and make sure you drip the spigots / faucets inside and outside. I once had a frozen spigot outside and melted the ice with a hairdryer.

I just asked a friend of mine and she says it is likely the tub faucet is frozen but not the sink! And she's a smart person! :floorlaugh:

Sounds like good advice. I was thinking a heating pad. Keep your pipes warm, buy them a snuggie. :giggle:

:wave:

I hope everyone is staying warm. It is so bitterly cold here and looks like it has no end in sight. It hurts your skin, just to open the door. Ugh!! This stinks.

Nore- there's a small linen closet between the tub and outside wall.

I do have the faucet turned on, but no water is coming out. Normally, when this happens, the water eventually does run- after a while.
Since we had -14 last night and only 4 degrees today, I did drip all the faucets, but not in the tub. I have dripped the faucets all day- just in case.

Hope I don't have to call a plumber- they are so expensive.

If there was a crack in the pipes and the water gushing out, I think, the water pump would be running a lot and it's not running more than usual.

Oh- I hate this!!!!!!!! :scared:

You have an occlusion in your supply line to the tub, commonly known as a frozen pipe(s).

I think you posted that you have a closet between that supply line/pipe and the outside wall.

Anything you can do to raise the temperature on, around, and under whichever pipe(s) is/are frozen will help.

Keep your house warm, especially at the suspect pipe(s).

Can you safely place a space heater on the shared 'pipe wall' of the closet and bathtub, preferably nearest the floor? If you can get under the pipe(s), that would be even better.

I have used a portable hair 'blow' dryer for this purpose. If you have access into the wall or beneath the floor, you can direct the hot airflow for several minutes and melt the ice by heating the pipe.

In any case, do NOT turn off the faucet. If you have a broken pipe -- hopefully you don't -- turning it off will only ensure that the water will not run out of the spout and into your tub. The water in the supply line/pipe will remain under (some) pressure and once it does melt enough to leak, gravity will cause the water to seek its lowest point. If the pressure is great enough and the hole small enough, it could spray/spew as well. Leave the faucet on at least until it begins to run freely (at normal pressure) out of the spout.

If you do have a burst pipe leak, hopefully you have a shutoff valve between the leak and your main water supply to the house. If so, turn that off immediately once you detect the leak until you can repair the pipe or have it repaired.

If you do not have a shutoff valve between the leak and the main supply valve, and the water is damaging your dwelling or your belongings, in order to avoid additional water damage to the structure and the property therein, you will want to shut off the main valve which supplies water to the house. But you probably already realize this.

Nore- there's a small linen closet between the tub and outside wall.

I do have the faucet turned on, but no water is coming out. Normally, when this happens, the water eventually does run- after a while.
Since we had -14 last night and only 4 degrees today, I did drip all the faucets, but not in the tub. I have dripped the faucets all day- just in case.

Hope I don't have to call a plumber- they are so expensive.

If there was a crack in the pipes and the water gushing out, I think, the water pump would be running a lot and it's not running more than usual.

Oh- I hate this!!!!!!!! :scared:

Did you solve your faucet problem , YorN? I hope your pipes are ok. Its going to get colder where I am tonight, but we're leaving in the AM on our trip for a warmer climate. No idea what it will be like when we return in a week though. We've been fortunate thus far not to have any inclement conditions this winter, hopefully it will remain that way. Stay warm all. :seeya:

:seeya:

I feel the same way.

-----------
Hi Kensie. I still have Princess as a friend. She'll stay forever. It is weird how friendship is formed. I have a penfriend, friends since 1959. We are like sisters! we dont write as much but do phone each other. We have come through so much together, met, even went to Niagara Falls together! We have had good times..:loveyou: Thats my Patricia :loveyou:

Did you solve your faucet problem , YorN? I hope your pipes are ok. Its going to get colder where I am tonight, but we're leaving in the AM on our trip for a warmer climate. No idea what it will be like when we return in a week though. We've been fortunate thus far not to have any inclement conditions this winter, hopefully it will remain that way. Stay warm all. :seeya:

----------
YesorNo. That wont thaw til temps rise. We had it happen years ago. Its a pain.:loveyou:. I am lonely and trying!:anguish::laughcry::coldout:

-----------
Hi Kensie. I still have Princess as a friend. She'll stay forever. It is weird how friendship is formed. I have a penfriend, friends since 1959. We are like sisters! we dont write as much but do phone each other. We have come through so much together, met, even went to Niagara Falls together! We have had good times..:loveyou: Thats my Patricia :loveyou:

Aw so do i. In fact princess was the first to friend me on here. I know in my heart she got a big hug from travis up there!

Sentencing phase re-trial jury selection scheduled for March 17.

Oral arguments (not public) continue until then.

I look for the March 17 date to be missed as well.

Thanks for the info.

So what's the general feeling on the board here? Has she got her foot well and truly in the door now with some kind of case that's more 'friendly' to her?

Or will she get sentenced to death?

Thanks for the info.

So what's the general feeling on the board here? Has she got her foot well and truly in the door now with some kind of case that's more 'friendly' to her?

Or will she get sentenced to death?

IMO, she will get LWOP. She deserves the latter. JMO

But killing is wrong isn't it?

Anyway...I just hope that the law doesn't go soft on her because of some ******** battered partner rubbish she is likely to trot out

Maybe there's no need to shove the flag down people's throat by putting it in each cell in the first place

Maybe there's no need to shove the flag down people's throat by putting it in each cell in the first place

It appears the Sheriff is trying to rehabilitate some of the prisoners and their answer to him is shoving the flag down the toilet. I might guess that the bread and water is an incentive to rethink their actions. It's their right to ignore the flag if they wish not to destroy jail property. I guess they sometimes forget where they are. LOL

FYI, sometimes we play trivia in the WS chat room, it's usually fun, and funny wrong answers are as good as the right answers.

Also, last month I bought a Beatles CD with Hold My hand song. Love old Beatles.

Dr. DeMarte during rebuttal of Dr. Samuels testimony and at 00:45:00 JM brings up Dr. Karp. Dr. DeMarte then goes on to state how Dr. Karp's report brought up a number of claims (too numerous to count) of abuse incidents by TA against JA. After Dr. Karp stop evaluating JA, JA then only reported 4 instances of abuse to ALV, Dr. Samuels and Dr. DeMarte.

So why did Dr. Karp suddenly drop JA?

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 48 - Part 1 (Rebuttal Starts) - YouTube

It appears the Sheriff is trying to rehabilitate some of the prisoners and their answer to him is shoving the flag down the toilet. I might guess that the bread and water is an incentive to rethink their actions. It's their right to ignore the flag if they wish not to destroy jail property. I guess they sometimes forget where they are. LOL

I doubt whether the sheriff is qualified to rehabilitate and whether it is his duty in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX