SIDEBAR #50 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the midst of sorrow, there can be joy. American Pharoah has won the Triple Crown, after 37 years of almosts. The race brought me to my feet, wildly clapping. Congratulations American Pharoah and his people. Great horse.

We've waited a long time for this.

[video=youtube;ctss9h26IqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ctss9h26IqY[/video]

I think as Zuri does, that he (Barbaro) would of been a triple crown winner

[video=youtube;gqdo3CmgeNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdo3CmgeNU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I am amazed at the muscles on the horses when they run. You can see each and every one well defined when they run. Just incredible.

In the 60's on the back of magazines you could enter to win a Thoroughbred for fifty cents. I always signed, and up sending my fifty cents (remember when they had fifty cent pieces way back then?) hoping I would be a winner.

I was beyond exited to see Pharoah win the Triple!!!! Amazing. My Parents loved the Horses. My Mom grew up on a horse farm. I came to appreciate thru them. Every Sunday we would go to the Horse races when the season came around. Each of my Parents would place a 2.00 bet. It was never any more. It was never about the betting but it was all about the Horses. We spent many a summer vaycay touring Horse farms in Lexington Kentucky. He is a beauty and good for him!!!!!

I think as Zuri does, that he (Barbaro) would of been a triple crown winner

[video=youtube;nIKdKKyJlo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nIKdKKyJlo0[/video]

I am amazed at the muscles on the horses. You can see everyone and each well defined when they run. Just incredible.

In the 60's on the back of magazines you could enter to win a Thoroughbred for fifty cents. I always signed, and up sending my fifty cents (remember when they had fifty cent pieces way back then?) hoping I would be a winner.

Sadly, you can get off-the-track thoroughbreds pretty cheaply. Because thoroughbreds are a spirited breed, they need a lot of attention and upkeep, wherein the major costs lie. A lot of times people give them up because they can no longer afford them.

Around here there are horse auctions and a lot of the attendees are "kill buyers," who buy according to the weight of the horse. They buy the horses for slaughter to sell their meat overseas.

IMO, it's sick and saddening that so many of these beautiful, noble creatures wind up in that predicament. There are several horse rescue farms I support in the hope of saving a few here and there...

Update on JM's new trial:
--------------------------------------------

Court date: 7/2/2015 @ 9:00 Case #: CR2010106178
Case event: Rule 11 Hearing Camera ruling: Need Request
Judge: Nicole Brickner Prosecutor: Juan Martinez
Defendant: Christopher Redondo (002) Defense attorney: Dan Raynak
Case notes: Charged in the shooting death of Gilbert police Lt. Eric Shuhandler. Redondo was charged with multiple counts including 1st degree murder,aggravated assault and drive by shooting.
-----------

More trial delays for defendant in Gilbert officer death

"...The 5-year-old murder of a Gilbert police officer is no closer to resolution after a Maricopa County Superior Court judge ordered another competency examination for the man accused of killing the officer.

Superior Court Judge Nicole Brickner said the second doctor who examined Christopher Redondo was not able to come to an opinion on whether the 40-year-old was competent to stand a death-penalty trial.

Redondo is accused of shooting Gilbert police Lt. Eric Shuhandler on Jan. 28, 2010, following a traffic stop near Val Vista Drive and Baseline Road....

Deputy Maricopa County Attorney Juan Martinez is seeking the death sentence in Shuhandler's murder..."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news.../?hootPostID=b032b232fff4683565d50c4d4e11e3b4

That's some docket! I guess we'll see how this progresses in early July, thanks for posting this Y/N, I was curious what JM's next trial was (even though I swore off AZ trials once Arias' was finally finished lol) but the dulcet tones of JM's sultry voice as he gently coaxes answers from witnesses are murmurring again...Correct?! Yes or No?! :laughing:

I had a feeling American Pharoah would win for some reason. I have a friend who had a racing barn and still has connections, so she was there at the Belmont. She is bringing me home a program from today which I will keep forever. What a day filled with a roller coaster of emotions. Glad it is almost time for bed.

Sadly, you can get off-the-track thoroughbreds pretty cheaply. Because thoroughbreds are a spirited breed, they need a lot of attention and upkeep, wherein the major costs lie. A lot of times people give them up because they can no longer afford them.

Around here they have horse auctions and a lot of the attendees are "kill buyers," who buy according to the weight of the horse. They buy the horses for slaughter to sell their meat overseas.

IMO, it's sick and saddening that so many of these beautiful, noble creatures wind up in that predicament. There are several horse rescue farms I support in the hope of saving a few here and there...

Oh gawd that is so very sad to hear. Of all the animals in the world Horses hold a beauty of their own. My Sis has lived in the SW of the U.S. for years. She is a horse lover as well. Spent years looking for the few wild horses left to be seen in Arizona. They then moved to Nevada. Then she spotted them. I have a pic that I treasure and thankful she sent it. I have to say this does also stir up an unpleasant childhood memory for me. After years of travelling to KY and riding horses I dont know how many hands high I begged my Parents to allow me to have a horse. In the city and I felt it proper we could keep him in the garage LOL They were fore score against???? So I was reduced to ride at my Cousins. I got thrown once and another time i cant believe my leg wasn't crushed. Kept butting me up against a tree. They are smart and know an inexperienced rider. I get high blood lines. They do require much attention. Sad to hear that they are given up to that fate. We had a black lab brought up here from Arkansas for hunting. She is amazing in the field and a pet when home. I watch Avery when our Son is at work since he just bought his own home. She exhausts me as being a hunter she requires at least 2 hours hard exercise per day. We love her to death and despite how much work she is I would never let her go. Neither would my hubby. Son. What does he know LOL by the time he picks her up after work she is happy, tired and content. I consider her my Grand baby. One can truly appreciate a well conditioned animal. Their coat and muscle tone.

I had a feeling American Pharoah would win for some reason. I have a friend who had a racing barn and still has connections, so she was there at the Belmont. She is bringing me home a program from today which I will keep forever. What a day filled with a roller coaster of emotions. Glad it is almost time for bed.

I do hope you sleep well tonight, Zuri.

Oh gawd that is so very sad to hear. Of all the animals in the world Horses hold a beauty of their own. My Sis has lived in the SW of the U.S. for years. She is a horse lover as well. Spent years looking for the few wild horses left to be seen in Arizona. They then moved to Nevada. Then she spotted them. I have a pic that I treasure and thankful she sent it. I have to say this does also stir up an unpleasant childhood memory for me. After years of travelling to KY and riding horses I dont know how many hands high I begged my Parents to allow me to have a horse. In the city and I felt it proper we could keep him in the garage LOL They were fore score against???? So I was reduced to ride at my Cousins. I got thrown once and another time i cant believe my leg wasn't crushed. Kept butting me up against a tree. They are smart and know an inexperienced rider. I get high blood lines. They do require much attention. Sad to hear that they are given up to that fate. We had a black lab brought up here from Arkansas for hunting. She is amazing in the field and a pet when home. I watch Avery when our Son is at work since he just bought his own home. She exhausts me as being a hunter she requires at least 2 hours hard exercise per day. We love her to death and despite how much work she is I would never let her go. Neither would my hubby. Son. What does he know LOL by the time he picks her up after work she is happy, tired and content. I consider her my Grand baby. One can truly appreciate a well conditioned animal. Their coat and muscle tone.

BBM:

I can relate! We have a Border Collie, and I liken him to a thoroughbred, as in both animals aren't truly happy unless they're working. They need a job, and that job by definition involves a high level of athleticism. Even though he can wear me out, I treasure him as a part of the family.

ETA: And, he was a rescue! We were so lucky to have found him, literally just hours before he was to be put down...

My sisters son just got a black l and their neighbor actually asks if Annie can come out to play. He has 4 dogs already but loves Annie. Never have I owned a dog and had neighbors want a play date.

2012 - My grandson's dog, WhatsUpLittlePup died after a short life of thirteen years. We wrapped him in his blanket and buried him in the back of the orchard. It was a quite ceremony and many tears were shed.

He was the best dog we've ever had. He was a talker (jack russell) and would argue with you. Sometime he ran out of conversation and would look around trying to find something else to talk about. He played soccer and wouldn't give you the ball back. You had to fight him for it. He got in the well house when dh put rat trap glue things (I couldn't understand why they called it humane way to die. They stuck to the glue and you still had to kill them) and a mouse was attached to a trap and Pup had a good hold on it and the glue trap was stuck on his side. I chased him all over the backyard trying to get him loose.

We had a new neighbor move in next to us, and she quickly became a nuance with being a cat hoarder, and letting feral cats loose in the neighborhood So, they had a very old Persian that went missing, and she asked if I had seen it, then she plastered lost signs on the telephone pole across the street from us. One morning we were out playing and Pup came running up and he had the skull (with fur still attached) and was so proud of himself. Our neighbor was outside dumping several pans of cat litter over her fence into the pasture behind their yard, and I was trying to be as quite as I could in calling him to come to me and Pup thought I wanted to play and starting running around the yard barking. I was so mad.

[video=youtube;Ur1vZOp1Wnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur1vZOp1Wnk&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Our Polly/Paulie bird died three days later.

BBM:

I can relate! We have a Border Collie, and I liken him to a thoroughbred, as in both animals aren't truly happy unless they're working. They need a job, and that job by definition involves a high level of athleticism. Even though he can wear me out, I treasure him as a part of the family.

ETA: And, he was a rescue! We were so lucky to have found him, literally just hours before he was to be put down...

That is awesome. You both lucked out. That's a lovely breed. Yes u can see the working breed for sure. Avery would likely retrieve until she dropped dead but frankly I think it would be me LOL. Off season. She is probably the best I have seen in the field but man is she a Marley in the house. She lives in a world of It's all about me. So if u do a task or I am trying to work from home it's game on. I will shred your newspaper. Steal a cup from the sink etc. etc. and run like the wind thru the house. She is only 2. Many folk have commented on what a beauty she is. Son had her brought up from an excellent breeder in Arkansas. She is smaller than most Labs up here so I think folk are impressed by her size. Her muscle tone is amazing and her coat is beyond anything I have ever seen on a Lab. Kudos to the breeder and the bloodline. On to my daughters rescue lab. We love her equally. Miss Molly she is a hoot and much more a cuddler. We have the best of both worlds with our Granddoggy's.

My sisters son just got a black l and their neighbor actually asks if Annie can come out to play. He has 4 dogs already but loves Annie. Never have I owned a dog and had neighbors want a play date.

Awesome they are making connections. Labs are so social and need so much attention and exercise.So everyone benefits. If a Lab is bored they will eat your house LOL

2012 - My grandson's dog, WhatsUpLittlePup died after a short life of thirteen years. We wrapped him in his blanket and buried him in the back of the orchard. It was a quite ceremony and many tears were shed.

He was the best dog we've ever had. He was a talker (jack russell) and would argue with you. Sometime he ran out of conversation and would look around trying to find something else to talk about. He played soccer and wouldn't give you the ball back. You had to fight him for it. He got in the well house when dh put rat trap glue things (I couldn't understand why they called it humane way to die. They stuck to the glue and you still had to kill them) and a mouse was attached to a trap and Pup had a good hold on it and the glue trap was stuck on his side. I chased him all over the backyard trying to get him loose.

We had a new neighbor move in next to us, and she quickly became a nuance with being a cat hoarder, and letting feral cats loose in the neighborhood So, they had a very old Persian that went missing, and she asked if I had seen it, then she plastered lost signs on the telephone pole across the street from us. One morning we were out playing and Pup came running up and he had the skull (with fur still attached) and was so proud of himself. Our neighbor was outside dumping several pans of cat litter over her fence into the pasture behind their yard, and I was trying to be as quite as I could in calling him to come to me and Pup thought I wanted to play and starting running around the yard barking. I was so mad.

[video=youtube;Ur1vZOp1Wnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur1vZOp1Wnk&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Our Polly/Paulie bird died three days later.

Aww so sorry for your loss. That's the hard part. Losing them. Jacks are a hoot. My Besty had one and when he greeted he just like to bounce his nose off yours LOL????

Is anyone else having probs with posts, messaging tonight?

RANDOM FUN FACTS

90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.

A killer whales heart beats 30 times a minute under water, 60 times a minute on the surface.

Among older men, vanilla is the most erotic smell.

Approximately 115 tons of ocean salt spray enters the earth's atmosphere each second.

Astronauts cannot burp in space.

Attics were invented in Attica.

Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool! He changed it every 2 innings!

Bamboo plants can grow up to 36 inches in a day.

Beavers can swim half a mile underwater on one gulp of
air.

Bill Gates' house was designed using a Macintosh computer.

Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.

By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge, a quarter has 119.

A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.

Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar were both epileptic.

Americans did not commonly use forks until after the Civil War.

An apple, potato, and onion all taste the same if you eat them with your nose plugged.

Another name for a Microsoft Windows tutorial is 'Crash Course'!

Before toilet paper was invented, French royalty wiped their bottoms with fine linen.

Cleopatra married two of her brothers.

Interesting Useless Facts

7-11 sells 10,000 pots of coffee an hour, every hour, every day.

A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!

A cubic yard of air weighs about 2 pounds at sea level.

A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years!

A moth has no stomach.

About twenty-five percent of the population sneeze when they are exposed to light.

Americans buy about 5 million things that are shaped like Mickey Mouse, or have a picture of Mickey Mouse on them in the course of a day.

Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

Dirty snow melts faster than clean.

Duracell, the battery-maker, built parts of its new international headquarters using materials from its own waste.

Enrico Caruso and Roy Orbison were the only tenors this century capable of hitting e over high c!

Goodyear Rubber Company researched and concluded that shoes wear out faster on the right foot than the left.

Hong Kong has more Rolls Royces per person than anywhere else in the world.

In a year, the average person walks four miles to make his or her bed.

Iron weighs more after it rusts.

It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce...and 13 hours to build a Toyota.

Jennifer Aniston's original name is Jennifer Anastassakis!

Male hospital patients fall out of bed twice as often as female hospital patients.

Monica Lewinsky bought her infamous blue dress at The Gap.

One in three snake bite victims is drunk. One in five is tatooed.

The ball on top of a flagpole is called a 'truck'.

The first toilet being flushed in a motion picture was in the movie Psycho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose