SIDEBAR #52 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil in the Church
Satan appeared before a small town congregation. Everyone started screaming and running for the front church door, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away.
Soon everyone was gone except for an elderly gentleman who sat calmly.
Satan walked up to him and said, "Don't you know who I am?"
The man replied, "Yep, sure do."
Satan asked, "Aren't you going to run?"
"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.
Satan asked, "Why aren't you afraid of me?"
The man replied, "Been married to your sister for over 48 years."

WHISPER
A mother took her little boy to church.
While in church the little boy said, “Mommy, I have to pee.”

The mother said to the little boy, “It’s not appropriate to say the word ‘pee’ in church. So, from now on whenever you have to ‘pee’ just tell me that you have to ‘whisper’.”

The following Sunday, the little boy went to church with his father and during the service said to his father, “Daddy, I have to whisper.“

The father looked at him and said, “Okay, just whisper in my ear.”

Comebacks to Pick Up Lines
Man: Haven't I seen you someplace before?
Woman: Yes, that's why I don't go there anymore.

Man: Is this seat empty?
Woman: Yes, and this one will be if you sit down.

Man: Your place or mine?
Woman: Both. You go to yours, and I'll go to mine.

Man: So, what do you do for a living?
Woman: I'm a female impersonator.

Man: Hey baby, what's your sign?
Woman: Do not enter.

Man: How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Woman: Unfertilized.

Man: Your body is like a temple.
Woman: Sorry, there are no services today.

Man: I would go to the end of the world for you.
Woman: But would you stay there?

Did everyone have a great July 4th weekend? Besides our poor doggies being so scared...

I did nothing this weekend and it was nice :) I played around with some Christmas crafts that I'm making for the Holidays. I do a Theme each year and this year I am doing chalk boards. I have 5 dozen of mini chalk boards that I am making die cut imagines for and they will hang on my tree. The larger boards for hanging and sitting around with paintings or some Christmas design on them. I will use plaid Christmas ribbon on each board for a festive look. I know...I have a lot of time on my hands ;) But it's all good! :)

Late Friday afternoon Ryan stopped by, I was shocked! Been a long time since he's been here. He wasn't falling down drunk...I think he was sober??!! Anyway, he brought me the glassed mirrored box and inside side was this beautiful old locket with my parents pictures inside. I cried I was so touched.

I have given him to God. I really have let him go and let God take over. Hope and pray this is a good sign that he showed up here. :)

What a lovely gesture! That sure seems like a good sign to me cj. :heartbeat:

-------

((Dmacky)):heartbeat:

LOL, doesn't everyone's start then? I finally went to sleep at daybreak.

[video=youtube;iFPq9p559II]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPq9p559II&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Well, it seems I have been on the night shift since I was a baby and my dad worked nights. If I had my druthers, I would stay up all night (I am much more productive and less tired then) and sleep all day!

Morning all! :wave:

YEA!!! to the Women's Soccer team!! Beating Japan 5 to 2!! :jumping:

snipped for space...
DID YOU KNOW

Each year, more than 50,000 people are injured by jewelry in the U.S.
:waitasec: "how" I wonder... :sheesh:

In 1980, the city of Detroit presented Saddam Hussein with a key to the city.
O - Oh!! :whistle:

In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice-cream in your back pocket.
Now that sounds like quite a mess! :floorlaugh:

It is illegal NOT to smile in Pocatello, Idaho!
:D

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.
- Bernina - you've been warned!! :lol:

Snowiest city in the U.S.: Blue canyon, California.
- Hey! That's just up the road from me! Did not know that! :snowball:

The most dangerous job in the United States is that of an Alaskan Crab Fisherman.
Must be those pinchers!! :laughing:

The U.S. Government spent $277,000 on pickle research in 1993.
:waitasec: wonder what they found out about their research??

U.S. President Calvin Coolidge liked to eat breakfast while having his head rubbed with vaseline.
I did NOT need to know this.... :eek:

What a beautiful day here! :sunshine: Just 82 today!! MUCH better than 90s. :hot:

Watching Wimbledon! Some good matches on today, if you like tennis!

Okay - off to see what else is happening on here! :pcguru:

:seeya: Later!

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.
- Bernina - you've been warned!! :lol:

/QUOTE]

That happened when someone thought camels would be good for exploration in the West and later during the Civil War. They did pretty good at first, but the horses got spooked and the soldiers didn't want to deal with them.
Some escaped into the wild, Camp Verde, Quartzite, and the Superstition Mountains, Arizona, had wild (actually feral) camels maybe til the late 40's?
It's one of those laws that didn't get taken off the books, like an inmate gets a saddle and a silver dollar when he's released from the Florence prison, hanging cattle/horse rustlers, and horses have the right-of-way on all roads in Scottsdale.

Spellbound I am like that too! my husband worked 2nd shift most of our later married life. I did most work

in the evenings. I feel the same as you do I come to life at night.

Hey! When did our title get changed to the "Sidebar-Travis Alexander" forum? Much better on the eyes:loveyou:

Had more than 2" of rain yesterday, and in the last 15 minutes I think we've already beat it! That and 3/4" hail coming down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/07/u...c=edit_na_20150706&nlid=58395070&ref=headline

[h=1]South Carolina Senate Casts First Vote to Remove Confederate Flag[/h]
The South Carolina Senate voted Monday to remove the Confederate battle flag from the grounds of the State House. The bipartisan proposal, which emerged after last month’s massacre at a historic black church in Charleston, was approved by a 37-to-3 vote in the Republican-controlled Senate.

The Senate has one remaining ratification vote, now virtually assured of success.

Well we made it through the last 2 night!! Poor Little Bubby was a total mess :( They were shooting off fire works starting Friday!! Last night before it got bad, I gave him 1/2 of an Ativan 0.5mg, and it calmed him down where his heart didn't race and he wasn't panting so hard. Seems everyone in town were shooting them off! By law, they can on July 4th from 9-12 pm. I am sure some will be going at it again this evening :( Poor doggies, kitties and babies.

The County has a huge Firework display at the Fairgrounds each year and it's FREE! I've never understood WHY more people don't go there!!

Unfortunately my city sells fireworks as fundraisers for the schools, so lots of idiots go and buy them and shoot them off, including my neighbors. I refuse to have anything to do with buying or selling them, as I don't believe any of them are safe, not even "safe & sane" and legal ones, so we go to the public displays instead. Much better and prettier and usually free!!!

Dmacky, I am so sorry for your loss. You have been through so much.

CJ, I am so glad Ryan stopped by while sober and gave you the locket. What a treasure. Addiction is a beast that I only know too well.

Thanks to all of you for your vacuum suggestions. I bought a Shark vacuum with 8 attachments from QVC on easy pay. It is so powerful and the canister removes for getting German Shepherd Dog tumble weeds off the stairs. It actually picks the carpet up! My DH is vacuuming now and loves it. There is not a power tool that he doesn't like lol. If a vacuum can be considered a powere tool! Works for me as he is using it. The vacuum comes with a wand thin enough to go under appliances! Amazing! Now I have no excuse for dog hair running rampant in my house.

Bella, our Manchester Terrier rescue has severe anxiety and is actually on Amitriptylline (Elavil) for it. Loud sounds like thunder, hammering and fireworks make her a mess. I drove around for an hour or more with all 3 in the car with music playing so she couldn't hear the fireworks. Horses don't like them either and they go nuts on July 4th.

Hope all of you are having a great weekend. I am cleaning lol.

My Lab gets mad and barks at thunder and fireworks, like "knock that s*** off!", LOL! We don't discourage her, particularly when the neighbors are setting off illegal ones. Really stupid now, considering California is in a drought, more people are getting injured with fireworks, and it's horrible for veterans with PTSD and people with migraines. Can you tell I'm against personal fireworks???

That happened when someone thought camels would be good for exploration in the West and later during the Civil War. They did pretty good at first, but the horses got spooked and the soldiers didn't want to deal with them.
Some escaped into the wild, Camp Verde, Quartzite, and the Superstition Mountains, Arizona, had wild (actually feral) camels maybe til the late 40's?
It's one of those laws that didn't get taken off the books, like an inmate gets a saddle and a silver dollar when he's released from the Florence prison, hanging cattle/horse rustlers, and horses have the right-of-way on all roads in Scottsdale.
Do inmates still get a saddle and a silver dollar when they're released and do horses still have the right of way??

Had more than 2" of rain yesterday, and in the last 15 minutes I think we've already beat it! That and 3/4" hail coming down.

Can we trade back again please, we're tired of this heat wave you all sent up here.... Lotusland is starting to look like Death Valley.:/

My Lab gets mad and barks at thunder and fireworks, like "knock that s*** off!", LOL! We don't discourage her, particularly when the neighbors are setting off illegal ones. Really stupid now, considering California is in a drought, more people are getting injured with fireworks, and it's horrible for veterans with PTSD and people with migraines. Can you tell I'm against personal fireworks???

Every year I get less tolerant of the idiots who use the streets and let their debris fly all over our yards and houses, not to mention terrorize our dogs for hours on-end and over several days. Just saw that some drunken young man set one off on top of his head .... and died. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-man-shoots-off-firework-top-head-dies-32231780

Yes, Niner, the soccer game was phenomenal!! And tennis today, too!! Am proud to tell you Kelly O'Hara of the U.S. women's soccer team is from my home town of Peachtree City, GA!!! :)

and How 'Bout Them Braves

Do inmates still get a saddle and a silver dollar when they're released and do horses still have the right of way??

I've never heard of an inmate taking the State to it's word on the saddle and silver dollar, lol! (They could probably pick up a horse, a meal, a tub and a shave for a silver dollar back in the day) As far as I know, horses STILL have the right of way but most of the horses are gone from the central part of Scottsdale, which is exactly where I grew up. We had to ride or trailer to the nearest arena 15 miles away, at Indian Trails Stables. But that was they fun of just having backyard horses, just jump on them and go, whether it was Camelback Mountain, A J Bayless (grocery store) and the drive in liquor store, or out in the desert.
We used to ride over to the Paradise Valley Country Club...oh that was a BLAST!!!!! They had PONDS!!!! So we'd go swimming in them with the horses and watch out for the security guys in their golf carts.
It was so cool to ride your horse to the middle, turn them around, slide back and hold on to their tail on the way back to the shore. We'd hit there after a day up on the mountain, and usually it was late enough that after a swim, we could haul butt across the green, LOL!
We never got caught, and my folks never knew what we were up to, all they knew is we came back on the horses, which meant we survived another day on our own.

That was when you NEVER said, "Mom, I'm bored" or you'd have another list of chores to do.

Kids have it sooooo easy now days.

Can we trade back again please, we're tired of this heat wave you all sent up here.... Lotusland is starting to look like Death Valley.:/

Surely you jest!!!!! LOL! Rain is like manna from Heaven out here!

If you live in Arizona, conservation is the name of the game. It was like that when I was a kid and it continues to be that way. Everything from water to electricity. I remember several years where there was a ban on outdoor Christmas lights.
It's just something that becomes part of you. All the swimming pools? That's just extra water if the electricity goes off, seriously. Most developments are desert landscaping, trees are low water maintenance like Eucalyptus, palm, or olive. And there's tons of drought resistant plants and ground cover.
Golf courses use treated sewage water. And when the snow pack is thin, watering hours are strictly enforced.
You get a pretty sizable break in your electric in the summer if you only use your appliances during certain hours.
Water is like a gift, and you just appreciate that you have it.

This coming from a desert rat, if you know what I mean, lol!

1944 - The Hartford Circus fire was one of the worst fire disasters in the history of the United States. The fire occurred during an afternoon performance of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus that was attended by 6,000 to 8,000 people. More than 165 people died [1] and more than 700 were injured.

[video=youtube;9hNMWNTJT3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hNMWNTJT3U&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

1998 - The King of the Cowboy's Leonard Franklin Slye aka Roy Rogers, the king of the Cowboys dies.

[video=youtube;WLoYFvbR0XY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLoYFvbR0XY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge