Sidebar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work with a woman that almost lost her licsense driving like a nut to get home to see her Dr. Phil .
She was even ticketed for driving past a stopped SCHOOL BUS ! she was later fired for never showing up on time ...funny how that gas peddal works some time huh ?
Anywho she was a Phil addict . I have never got IT .

<pouts> I don't wanna go through GA's LE interviews to look for him talking about FCA's seziure. I have to now though because I have to prove to myself that I didn't imagine it. Good thing the significant other is away tonight! LOL!

I caught a little bit of The Clark Howard Radio Show a bit ago. Apparently he has spoken previously about the mess the US Postal Service is in. Some US Postal Service employees complained about his comments. How did they communicate their displeasure? Yes that's right. By E-Mail. No letters. No stamps. No money for the USPS.

I used to work with a woman that almost lost her licsense driving like a nut to get home to see her Dr. Phil .
She was even ticketed for driving past a stopped SCHOOL BUS ! she was later fired for never showing up on time ...funny how that gas peddal works some time huh ?
Anywho she was a Phil addict . I have never got IT .

I understand the fascination with gossip and those brainless interviews that "take people away from their own troubles" but just don't get why anyone would go to this kind of show for the facts about the death - no let me say murder of a toddler - a murder committed by her mother.

That I will never understand. I used to work with a woman in the same company I worked for - who mentioned some news. I said where did you hear that. She said she only gets her news from Entertainment Tonight.

I just roared with laughter then did an abrupt double-take. She wasn't joking...sad.

<pouts> I don't wanna go through GA's LE interviews to look for him talking about FCA's seziure. I have to now though because I have to prove to myself that I didn't imagine it. Good thing the significant other is away tonight! LOL!

...I saw your other post. Correct me If I am wrong, but I think you may be thinking of JGs interview with LE wherein he talks about GA sort of pulling him off to the side and telling him FICA was "not in a very good place right now." IIRC some one had quoted it and linked in within the thread, 9/9 or 10. Hope that helps.

...I saw your other post. Correct me If I am wrong, but I think you may be thinking of JGs interview with LE wherein he talks about GA sort of pulling him off to the side and telling him FICA was "not in a very good place right now." IIRC some one had quoted it and linked in within the thread, 9/9 or 10. Hope that helps.

Thank you! I'll look through JG's first and see if that is what I was thinking of. For some reason I have it in my darn head that GA commented on how ridiculous the idea of a seizure was (obviously not in those words...) :dunno:

I'm going to go check the thread first though!

:blowkiss:

Thank you! I'll look through JG's first and see if that is what I was thinking of. For some reason I have it in my darn head that GA commented on how ridiculous the idea of a seizure was (obviously not in those words...) :dunno:

I'm going to go check the thread first though!

:blowkiss:

some amazing poster (LaurieJ) just linked it for you in the thread! You are remembering it very well (and LaurieJ ROCKS!)

I understand the fascination with gossip and those brainless interviews that "take people away from their own troubles" but just don't get why anyone would go to this kind of show for the facts about the death - no let me say murder of a toddler - a murder committed by her mother.

That I will never understand. I used to work with a woman in the same company I worked for - who mentioned some news. I said where did you hear that. She said she only gets her news from Entertainment Tonight.

I just roared with laughter then did an abrupt double-take. She wasn't joking...sad.

It's amazing what people will choose to believe. If they hear it, it's fact. If they read it, it's fact. I think a fair number of citizens believed Baez's OS right off the bat, just because he said it. No proof of it as fact. No evidence even pointing in that direction. But the words were spoken in a court of law so it has to be true...right??

I say watch if you want, and be entertained. Maybe even a tidbit or two will come out that is interesting. Just go into it knowing that people can say whatever they want--free speech and all--but saying it does not necessarily make it true. And "not necessarily true" pertains even when it is Phil or JVM or NG or the THs saying it.

It's amazing what people will choose to believe. If they hear it, it's fact. If they read it, it's fact. I think a fair number of citizens believed Baez's OS right off the bat, just because he said it. No proof of it as fact. No evidence even pointing in that direction. But the words were spoken in a court of law so it has to be true...right??

I say watch if you want, and be entertained. Maybe even a tidbit or two will come out that is interesting. Just go into it knowing that people can say whatever they want--free speech and all--but saying it does not necessarily make it true. And "not necessarily true" pertains even when it is Phil or JVM or NG or the THs saying it.

AND "Truer Words Were Never Spoken" - THANK YOU! :rocker:

Probably off topic ,since I'm intentionally watching something else,but I had an ah hah moment.
I'm watching an old Dateline on ID. A man ,Billy Coe ,may have given a false confession. The show is completely from the defense point of view and a comment from the journalist "but what did the Prosecution have up it's sleeve? "

How easy it would be ,if you watched a lot of shows like this ,to believe prosecutors are simply manipulators and liars after a " win" at all costs.

On the morning of September 11, 2001, I got up and made coffee. I sat at the computer sipping my first cup while I checked e-mail and played a couple games of Free Cell before leaving for a doctor appointment. I did not have to be at work until 11 AM that day.

That morning was atypical in that I did not turn on the TV. I also did not read any news on the internet. These were things I did every morning without fail yet, for no reason at all I did not do them that morning. So, when I left for my appointment around 9 AM my time, I had no idea what was going on in the world.

Once in the car with the radio on, I heard a story of planes crashing into the World Trade Center. I listened with no emotion at all because I did not believe what I was hearing. The DJs on the radio station I had preset in my car were known for their irreverance and controversy. Everything was a big joke to them and it was pretty much assumed by all that they would stop at nothing to get attention. So, hearing their words that morning really didn't do anything to me at all. I just drove along listening to their comments, their faked somber tones and their attempts to make it sound like they were choking back tears.

After about 15 minutes of it, I started shouting at the radio. Shouting for them to "stop it already." Shouting that jokes and irreverance are OK by me sometimes...but "some things just are not funny!"

But they did not stop. They kept ranting about murder and mayhem and terrorism. I could not take it anymore. I changed the radio station to one with normal people at the mics.

And immediately I knew that nothing would ever be normal again.
OMG! This could have been me!! Except...I didn't know until I stopped for my coffee at about 10:30am. We always had espn on in the morning...I usually left it on when I went to drop off the kids at school. But for some reason, this morning 10 years ago I decided to get some housework done before leaving for work and turned off the tv. To this day, I have my car radio tuned to talk radio only. For me, 9/11/01 was the day the music died.

Probably off topic ,since I'm intentionally watching something else,but I had an ah hah moment.
I'm watching an old Dateline on ID. A man ,Billy Coe ,may have given a false confession. The show is completely from the defense point of view and a comment from the journalist "but what did the Prosecution have up it's sleeve? "

How easy it would be ,if you watched a lot of shows like this ,to believe prosecutors are simply manipulators and liars after a " win" at all costs.

Hi MissJames. Nothing is off topic as long as we don't violate TOS.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7109348&postcount=68"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sidebar Discussion[/ame]

Does anyone else remember the media showing the radar of all the planes in air over the nation ,at that time? Thousands of dots lit up ,all having to land somewhere .
I was a travel agent at that time. I had a group of people who were due to take off about the same time as the other flights from Philadelphia. When I got to work, I had no idea if it was one of the "missing" planes (there were early reports that more planes were involved). Thankfully, it wasn't too long after that when I found out they had landed safely in Indiana (they were heading to Las Vegas). Getting all those planes out of the air was an amazing feat.
It was so sad to pull up those flights on my reservation system and see the status read "call airline".

I used to love Dateline. But do you know - ever since Dateline did their mock jury show (which I did not watch because of some clips here) I have never watched another one and never will again.

That is sad. My Mother (rest her soul) relied on the National Enquirer and Star and believed every word she read. I'd just let her rattle on about 'whatever' as she had so little pleasure in life.

Ugh, I saw a brief statement by Dr. Phil on TV the other day. I was channel surfing when I happened upon it. It appeared to be a blurb from the actual interview. The good doctor agrees with the verdict, FGS! His opinion is that if there is no cause of death and no time of death it is impossible to know who is responsible for the death.

So what now? Will all the dots have to be connected to get a conviction in all cases from now on? Will circumstancial evidence be ignored in all cases from now on? Are we about to see more murderers go free if they are crafty enough to get rid of the body permanently or just plain LUCKY enough to hide the body long enough for mother nature or the passage of time to do a number on the forensic evidence?

And finally, will tunnel vision become the new norm for juries?
So will he ask the lovely pair if they were the ones who murdered their grandchild 'cause we're running out of possibilities here.

I used to love Dateline. But do you know - ever since Dateline did their mock jury show (which I did not watch because of some clips here) I have never watched another one and never will again.

My husband had this channel on while he was on the eliptical .I just walked in from picking up my son and remembered what I wasn't going to watch and left it there ,hearing those words as I sat down.

Believe me,my eyes have been opened up to ALL of the news/entertainment shows. It's kind of scary to see how much power they actually have.

So will he ask the lovely pair if they were the ones who murdered their grandchild 'cause we're running out of possibilities here.

If he does ( and he might!) it would only be to give them the opportunity to deny it ,publicly..........for the record......again.. That's how we works.

This is far afield from what he started out to do. He used to offer concrete ways to deal with life's problems. Since this interview won't help anyone ,it's just a ratings grab.

I've been reading a lot of books ,lately :yes:

My husband had this channel on while he was on the eliptical .I just walked in from picking up my son and remembered what I wasn't going to watch and left it there ,hearing those words as I sat down.

Believe me,my eyes have been opened up to ALL of the news/entertainment shows. It's kind of scary to see how much power they actually have.

Before this case became "popular" - I didn't even know what HLN was - and was shocked anyone would accept it as "news" when I finally did watch it. Sure, watch it for entertainment - it's not for me to make peeps choices - but news? No way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean