Sidebar from 6/24 released

Is anyone else disgusted by this:

Ms. Drane Burdick: There's hundreds of checks that she wrote on her mother's account. Hundreds.

Mr. Baez: It's her mother.
Like its not REALLY stealing, because she only stole from her mother... That kind of excusing of behavior makes me sick.

BBM -

Wow, that really is very telling about Mr. Baez....

:twocents:

"the theory of defense that---let me back up. What is the theory of defense?" HHBP
(gotta wonder about a defense theory 7-8 weeks in that even the presiding judge can't figure out!)

at link: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28418405/detail.html

Also, it looks like the Pros were helping the DT at the end there as well "you're going to open the door up to her criminal activity, to Ms. Anthony's criminal activity" DB

I really believe Cindy allowed it to go on because Casey would threaten to take Caylee away and never let them see her if they didn't play by her rules. That belief was reinforced even more after hearing of all Cindy's beloved animals dying. I really believe Casey held her mother by the you-know-whats as soon as Caylee was born and Cindy didn't know how to take control back. IMO.

I agree. They must have all been afraid of Casey and what she might do next.

Animals dying? Whoa! Where is this documented? Sounds like Casey may have been escalating.

I think ICA was using Caylee as blackmail and also saying she was buying stuff for Caylee. Still, at some point, I would have called Casey's bluff and opened a new account, set it up online with no statements coming to the house and kept my spare checks at the office. Did ICA ever overdraft Cindy's account? How did she keep enough to pay bills?

When Cindy shut down Casey's access to her money, that's when Casey stared Chloroform searches.

Casey was paying huge cell phone bills with Cindy's account. Cindy even had a payment Casey made reversed....Casey kills Caylee, cause she's a spitful b!tch

I really believe Cindy allowed it to go on because Casey would threaten to take Caylee away and never let them see her if they didn't play by her rules. That belief was reinforced even more after hearing of all Cindy's beloved animals dying. I really believe Casey held her mother by the you-know-whats as soon as Caylee was born and Cindy didn't know how to take control back. IMO.

If that is true then it's very sad. I wonder how much Cindy now regrets not making her daughter face the consequences of fraud and theft. Maybe she would have been jailed long before this and Caylee would still be alive.

Well then...shock me:)

I wish I could. Let's just say I have a 21 year old daughter who lives with me and this little sweetie is my granddaughter:

100_0379.jpg

I wish I could. Let's just say I have a 21 year old daughter who lives with me and this little sweetie is my granddaughter:

100_0379.jpg
Your granddaughter is beautiful. I completely understand why Cindy did what she did. It's sooo easy for everyone to say when they're not in the situation. How could anyone throw their granddaughter out of the house?

Cindy had good reason to fear what Casey may do, she simply had no idea how FAR Casey would go to get back at her. She clearly underestimated Casey's "sickness" Cindy thought it was just about $$$, she had no idea it was all about power control and revenge

Hundreds of checks, no telling how much money. I wonder in what time frame?

Wow, can you imagine how much money George and Cindy have saved having their daughter out of reach of the checkbook, being locked up in jail.

I am being harsh, but I have to say - the Anthony parents deserved this treatment from their daughter. They fostered it by not having control over her or taking steps to end this robbery by her.

Seems everyone in that family, except Caylee, was irresponsible!

jmo

Can the paycheck of one spouse be garnished for the debts of another spouse in Florida? That does not seem right.

My guess would be that he was gambling on line with HER credit card, so yes, unless she was willing to press charges against him for credit card fraud, she'd be the one nailed for it.

As far as Casey's habitual check writing, we've heard about this long ago.
She would take checks out of the center of Cindy's check books, and, would make on-line payments with Cindy's check info.
The same way she did with her grandparents account.
She had the bank routing numbers, and that's all you need if you order things or pay for things on line.
The girl was a master at it.

Didn't we hear rumors that one of the reasons that the Anthony's were so far into debt was because Cindy had to clean out her 401 account to pay off debts, and also refiance the home a couple of times.
So, this really isn't "new-news" at all.

That's a lot of gambling and check writing.

And, it's to bad that Linda and Jeff pointed out that little tidbit to Baez. It would have been great to seen that info out in the jurys hearing space.
Just one more "Law Lesson" for him, and, Casey can be thankful that those things didn't come in.

I'm continually amazed at how much Judge Belvin had to "school Baez" along the way, and it appears, so did the state.

I don't know if this has been said I haven't read the entire thread and I've got to get my thoughts how quickly before I leave.
If ICA wrote numerous checks, and at some point CA was having money garnished from her paycheck due to GAs "gambling problem". What if it was really ICA and they, again, were covering for her at that time?

Because, how did GA get better? Did he really fall for a scam?, who does that ? Usually elderly people or people who don't know better. GA is a, or was a cop--- would he really fall for something like that?

Hundreds of checks???Why was she always running out of GAS MONEY???

I think ICA was using Caylee as blackmail and also saying she was buying stuff for Caylee. Still, at some point, I would have called Casey's bluff and opened a new account, set it up online with no statements coming to the house and kept my spare checks at the office. Did ICA ever overdraft Cindy's account? How did she keep enough to pay bills?

She did change her bank account, and Casey managed to get into that also.
Sorry I can't remember where I read it at, probably at the Hinky Meter.

Hundreds of checks???Why was she always running out of GAS MONEY???

Cause she was paying $400-600 a month for her cell phone service.

To bad that 3yrs ago they didn't have the cheaper plans that they do now.
She could have gotton a Straight Talk phone from WalMart for $45 a month with unlimited time and text.

This girl spent THOUSANDS on her all important cell phone.

Your granddaughter is beautiful. I completely understand why Cindy did what she did. It's sooo easy for everyone to say when they're not in the situation. How could anyone throw their granddaughter out of the house?

Cindy had good reason to fear what Casey may do, she simply had no idea how FAR Casey would go to get back at her. She clearly underestimated Casey's "sickness" Cindy thought it was just about $$$, she had no idea it was all about power control and revenge

Thing is, I believe it was learned behavior, and the road goes two, maybe three, ways.

My opinion only

Why didn't Cindy hide her checkbook? You'd think after the first couple dozen stolen checks, that thought would occur to her.

Casey was good, if I remember, at using a routing number to access the $$$ online. It very well could be that she could access the account online without having to use a paper check.

From this sidebar, I deduce:

- If Casey Anthony has used 1/10 of the time and effort she used ripping off people, she would have gone far. From where she started at Universal, I could easily see her working her way up to Event Planner, and having the life she pretended she had.

- George Anthony has no real redeeming qualities. No, I don't think he abused his daughter. No, he had nothing to do with the babe's death or a coverup. But he . . . has no redeeming qualities. Other than good hair.

- Cindy Anthony absolutely embraced her roll as the family martyr with the same gusto that she embraced her roll as the grieving grandmother. I will bet you a Coke she embraced the throwing up in their faces their prior sins on just about a daily basis.

When George Anthony met Cindy Anthony, they set up a perfect storm that led to the death of Caylee 26 years later.

Blaise

Wow, can you imagine how much money George and Cindy have saved having their daughter out of reach of the checkbook, being locked up in jail.

I am being harsh, but I have to say - the Anthony parents deserved this treatment from their daughter. They fostered it by not having control over her or taking steps to end this robbery by her.

Seems everyone in that family, except Caylee, was irresponsible!

jmo

Yep, now it's only costing them $1.50 a day for her county room and board, and about $200 a month for her "treats & eats".

I'd say they're getting off pretty cheap these days.
Though, if it were me, well, she'd be stuck with her bologna and cheese.

Originally Posted by Linda7NJ

Cindy knew, IMO - she was the "Original Princess" according to the info from the book that Diane Fanning wrote.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back