Since When Does the Defense Do the Investigation?

I have never seen a defense team that thought they had the right to go to the scene of a crime with investigators and investigate the crime? I have never heard of that. Usually LE investigates crimes and the defense will try to tear it apart. Sometimes they will go to the scene of a crime AFTER an investigation has been complete. But I have never heard of having alot of people rummaging thru a crime scene watching.

They're just starting their lip-flapping. They're hoping the noise will provide sufficient distraction for one of them to set up the smoke and mirrors.

They don't have anything going for them in this case. Their "strategy" is one of illusion. They are attempting to create, from the very onset, an illusion of unfairness, of poor Casey being railroaded.

If the woman weren't such a monster, it would be rather sad.

As it is, it is cause for great hope. Casey's got a defense team made up of David Blaine, Criss Angel, David Copperfield, and Presto the Magician. Awesome!

hmmmm....considering they still think she's alive why would they want to be there?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/14/is_it_caylee_anthonys_suspicious.html

Baez, his spokesperson and other members of the defense said at this point they still believe Caylee Anthony is alive.

tehcloser,
Exactly what I was wondering. Their request to be present sort of says they know that body is Caylee's. I don't know how they can then say she is still alive.

Considering many of us Websleuthers are just shaking our heads in disbelief at JB and his requests...don't ya just know that LE have just about had it with him?

Lady Sleuth
jmho

OK .. Asking for the second time:

Did I see right? Was there a Nascar driver on the defense team? Who was it?

Are you asking about the youngish bearded man in the green jacket who was emphatically nodding while the defense's medical expert was ranting about not being able to access the remains?

I don't know if that's who you mean-- but I was wondering about that guy-- I have no idea who he is :waitasec:

In watching the video of the defense trying to observe LE, I was struck by the hopes that the FBI and LE continue to hold custody of that crime scene to long for those overpriced, scandalous experts to stay in Orlando. I have no idea who is paying for all these high priced experts, but after seeing them on numerous cases in the past and hearing the price tag for their expert hullabaloo, 2 out of the 3 have little to no credibility.

In the Phil Spector case, Lee had been questions arose of him taking evidence from the crime scenes which resulted in him leaving the country without testifying in the case. In the Micheal Peterson case, no one believed his theories (ketchup spitting to prove blood splatter patterns) and Mr Peterson was convicted. I doubt in these conditions blood splatter will be found and that is suppose to be his expertise. As for Spitz, in the Spector trial, he appeared to have borderline dementia or someone who just plays dumb for the pay check. I

I have watched alot of news clips in the past few days and have seen quite a few questioning LE about not allowing the defense there to see what is going on and have to say....WTF!!!! Come on... in how many cases does the defense ever see what is being investigated against their client until trial.???
This is the smartest thing I have seen done in this case!!!!!
The is no way any Judge in his right mind is going to let them see what evidence they find as they find it!!!!!
It is blatantly obvious to the prosecution they they are looking for pieces to make a new spin......NEED A NEW STORY BAEZ??????????
Or maybe they want to find anything possibly being mishandled.......come on.......IT"S THE FBI!!!!!!!!

Even Kimberly G seems to have imbibed of the infamous Koolaid. But then she's from California, land of the year long trial, too. Even if all the defense experts attended the autopsy, handled the organs, and then trampled all over the crime scene while telling the FBI how to do the job, they'd still be attacking everything at trial. That's what they do, always. It isn't going to erase all the wonder that is Casey, though. I think they are looking pretty desperate. Like, maybe if we go down there and make a scene they'll have to let us in. Or at least Henry can snap a few candids, and hope we see a tech handling evidence without gloves and scratching his nose. Disgusting.

I noticed that too, amethyst. I usually enjoy listening to Kimberly G.--but last night not so much. Spitz and Baden were disappointing also. I can see there are going to be copious amounts of green grass growing in Florida by the time this all comes down. :rolleyes:

Posturing and drama.

When they get in...Lee will find something the investigators missed and raise his eyebrows to insinuate the FBI and Florida investigators were sloppy and inept.

We have been there and seen this show before.

IMO

Yes Lee will 'find' a piece of Lana Clarkson's fingernail and try to pin Caylee's death on her.

The defense never gets to investigate the crime scene with the police...unless their client has CONFESSED immediately after committing the crime. Otherwise it takes hours, days, weeks sometimes years to find someone to arrest...by then the 'crime scene' pretty much degraded.

Generally criminals try to stay away from even needing a defense atty.

It seems like their only defense at this time is to discredit LE..Pretty bogus defense. Jose comes across as a whiney baby and should stop doing interviews. He's out classed by his associates and just ends up looking like an idiot. He needs to put that little pea brain of his to work and come up with something better than trying to claim that LE and FBI are incapable of processing a crime scene correctly.

It's the CaCa factor.

The Zanny defense is about to go the way of the DoDo bird.

JB knows LE and the ME both are holding their cards close right now, so he's mingling close to the media for leaks of what evidence will damn his client so he can reconfigure blame and BS.

Since When Does the Defense Do the Investigation?

LOL......seems to be the 'pattern' in this case...

KC "investigated" the first month (w/ no results), then CA, GA, & Lee took over the "investigation" (no results fom them either), & let's not forget the 'private investigators' who claimed to be watching (the guilty) people.

Which trial was it that the prosecutor asked the defense team." how much they were getting paid.?".and they had to answer..Was that spector or the guy that killed his wife and left her in the bed..gee can't remember his name?
Mark something?

Anyhow I think they can find out how much they are charging? don't know if they have to tell who is paying them but if it was pro bono.... that we will find out.

Wish Alan Jackson was on this case..he would rip old Baden apart..

Shotzie, that was the Mark Jensen trial. Killed his wife with antifreeze. I'd like to see Alan Jackson on this case too --Spector trial. I hope the judge can keep this defense team reined in, because they are really good at taking over the courtroom in my opinion. To me it seems like JB is letting LKB do a lot of talking almost like she is becoming the lead attorney.

Posturing and drama.

When they get in...Lee will find something the investigators missed and raise his eyebrows to insinuate the FBI and Florida investigators were sloppy and inept.

We have been there and seen this show before.

IMO

ITA. Of course, I also believe that whatever H. Lee "finds" will be bogus.

Not only is Casey a liar, but now her attorney has assembled a team of baffle them with bull carp to help her. :rolleyes:

Shotzie, that was the Mark Jensen trial. Killed his wife with antifreeze. I'd like to see Alan Jackson on this case too --Spector trial. I hope the judge can keep this defense team reined in, because they are really good at taking over the courtroom in my opinion. To me it seems like JB is letting LKB do a lot of talking almost like she is becoming the lead attorney.
Thank You Jackson, I agree I want this Judge to stay. He will stay on top of this Scheme team..This is going to be such a circus..makes me sick. I just want Justice for Caylee

I had to laugh last night, listening to Dr. Lee complain that the longer it takes them to "investigate" the crime scene, the more contaminated it would become. Can anyone tell me the last time (the FIRST time?) that Dr. Lee has EVER examined a "crime scene" at the same time as LE? He never gets there at the same time, so what's his complaint? Posturing is right.

I agree CP, although I confess I am also enjoying the defense making royal a$$es out of themselves...I think it's going to bite them in the rear, big time, down the road.

I need to remind myself of this. Caylee was found at this point for a reason. They can "gather" and spin all they want. Some things will be d@mn hard to explain away, no matter how many Lees or Badens show up for defense team.
moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k8ert8er
Back