Skeletal Remains of Child Found Near Anthony Home 12-11-2008 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the emergency hearing just now they said the HAIR was the same color as Caylee!!

I don't think they can determine smothering from "skeletal remains" - no lungs, no mouth/tongue to test (sorry to be gross but...)

I think they may be comparing the pillow to a matching one? Maybe she spilled something on one and tossed in the bag. OR they are trying to match a sheet set/pillowcase???

Maybe she used a small pillowcase to store that missing ring, clothes, the nanny's cell phone number, the cross necklace and that dang blackjack cell phone in the "bottom left" of the woods????

Yeesh, I need a document dump!

There's a small horseshoe shaped bone in the neck that can show someone was strangled if it's broken. It's called the hyoid bone. I don't know how this bone compares in a small child vs an adult.

This is what it looks like:
http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/APLab/Table_of_Contents/Lab_03/Hyoid_Bone/hyoid_bone.html

More here:
In the case of strangulation, the autopsy would typically reveal injury to the neck caused by manual compression, something tied around the neck, or hard blows to the neck, which can damage the larynx and lead to suffocation. Hallmarks of strangulation include bruises, fingernail or ligature marks on the neck, bleeding in the throat area, and a fracture of the hyoid bone, a U-shaped bone located at the base of the tongue.
http://www.trutv.com/shows/forensic_files/techniques/asphyxiation.html

But I don't know why you'd need chloroform and strangulation.

I would think the small pillow could contain DNA or perhaps blood or other signs of violence? Or chloroform traces? There are a lot of possibilities there. Unless of course like so many other items it's been washed by Cindy the evidence destroyer.

The tape would/could still be there if:
a: it was wrapped around the head
b: it was wrapped multiple times as in "bound" and stuck to itself

Also, we only heard duct tape on the skull, doesn't mean there wasn't duct tape (oh Lord help me) on other parts of the body - wrists, legs, etc. There could be quite a bit of tape in that bag, loose, stuck or otherwise! What if ( yikes), the head/skull was in a bag as well? That could change the decomp and water exposure..

OK, I'm stopping now - too much speculation on my part, making me ill...sorry guys.

In the emergency hearing this morning they referred to the remains as partially skeletal, it sounds like being submerged for those months has slowed decomp down, as you would expect, but there is more there to work with than many of us thought.

I do not usually get into theories, but there are a few oddities that make me want to speculate.

1. Remember the find in that same area where there was a rope sticking out of the ground where something was buried? I believe LE officially said someone had buried a dog there. The interview released of the 2 people who had discovered it said, at the end, "...and you did not speak to the media about this, right?". No one ever came forward and stated "OH, that was my dog I buried".

2. Tim Miller had started searching that area and stopped because much of it was under water and he was afraid if something was there, driving 4wheelers and people walking over it might disturb the body and evidence so the search was stopped until it dried out. It just dried out enough this week to where they thought they might be able to search it again. Tim said that a chain link fence was erected around that area shortly after that.

3. It was reported that there were utility people in there trying to unstop a drainage pipe to further drain the area. It was one of those utility people who discovered the body Rains were expected to move in again yesterday (and indeed it did rain).

Here is my theory. I wonder if LE did in fact discover something buried - related to Caylee - in that hole with the rope sticking out of it? LE told the people who discovered the hole/rope not to speak to the media and made sure they had not spoken to the media. Since they could not recover a body at that time without compromising the scene, they ordered a chain link fence to be erected around the area.

Tim stated that just this week it had dried up enough to go in there and search the area again. Hard rains were expected to come in again to that area yesterday.

I think those "utility workers" might have been in there at the direction of LE (or actually were LE) to search the area for the body.

I believe LE was almost certain that the body was in there and that is one reason that Tim suddenly called of the search the last time he was here.

Anyway, this is just my look at what might turn out to be the reality of this find.

One other thing, that guy yesterday who was wearing those white sun glasses and always supported KC? Besides being a "drama queen", I really wonder about his involvement in this case. He just makes my HINKEY meter go off the charts!

<<The remains that were found are not just bones. There is tissue left, which apparently is what the duct tape is stuck to. Dr. Baden told Eyewitness News the duct tape could not only have preserved some of the evidence because it's waterproof, but also could contain evidence such as fingerprints on the sticky side of the tape.>>

From WFTV story:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18264817/detail.html

Headline News announced minutes ago that the defense received confirmation that anthropologically the remains prove to be Caylee's and the hair color is the same.

The tape would/could still be there if:
a: it was wrapped around the head
b: it was wrapped multiple times as in "bound" and stuck to itself

Also, we only heard duct tape on the skull, doesn't mean there wasn't duct tape (oh Lord help me) on other parts of the body - wrists, legs, etc. There could be quite a bit of tape in that bag, loose, stuck or otherwise! What if ( yikes), the head/skull was in a bag as well? That could change the decomp and water exposure..

OK, I'm stopping now - too much speculation on my part, making me ill...sorry guys.

In the emergency hearing this morning they referred to the remains as partially skeletal, it sounds like being submerged for those months has slowed decomp down, as you would expect, but there is more there to work with than many of us thought.

At the emergency hearing just now they said the HAIR was the same color as Caylee!!

That's encouraging. Hair decomposes slower than other tissues, so definitely labwork to be done on that. Good to hear.

For those not watching the hearing, Judge S. ruled defense was not allowed to be present at the Medical Examiner's autopsy.

if she'd been the one who placed it there originally, she had that whole month during which she could have moved it someplace better where it wouldn't be found, right? Didn't the storms all start around the time of that first arrest? Even if the water had already been high from the storms at the time she was dumping it, she would know the bag would be exposed as soon as the water went down. So, I still think it's strange if it was her that she wouldn't have moved the bag somewhere it wouldn't be found.
Yes, I pray the bag preserved some evidence.

Did anyone else read Friday's posts on the Tim Miller thread? The described reaction of Casey to hearing about someone finding her baby? It is chilling, I have no doubt she was responsible for tossing Caylee.

I do not usually get into theories, but there are a few oddities that make me want to speculate.

1. Remember the find in that same area where there was a rope sticking out of the ground where something was buried? I believe LE officially said someone had buried a dog there. The interview released of the 2 people who had discovered it said, at the end, "...and you did not speak to the media about this, right?". No one ever came forward and stated "OH, that was my dog I buried".

2. Tim Miller had started searching that area and stopped because much of it was under water and he was afraid if something was there, driving 4wheelers and people walking over it might disturb the body and evidence so the search was stopped until it dried out. It just dried out enough this week to where they thought they might be able to search it again. Tim said that a chain link fence was erected around that area shortly after that.

3. It was reported that there were utility people in there trying to unstop a drainage pipe to further drain the area. It was one of those utility people who discovered the body Rains were expected to move in again yesterday (and indeed it did rain).

Here is my theory. I wonder if LE did in fact discover something buried - related to Caylee - in that hole with the rope sticking out of it? LE told the people who discovered the hole/rope not to speak to the media and made sure they had not spoken to the media. Since they could not recover a body at that time without compromising the scene, they ordered a chain link fence to be erected around the area.

Tim stated that just this week it had dried up enough to go in there and search the area again. Hard rains were expected to come in again to that area yesterday.

I think those "utility workers" might have been in there at the direction of LE (or actually were LE) to search the area for the body.

I believe LE was almost certain that the body was in there and that is one reason that Tim suddenly called of the search the last time he was here.

Anyway, this is just my look at what might turn out to be the reality of this find.

One other thing, that guy yesterday who was wearing those white sun glasses and always supported KC? Besides being a "drama queen", I really wonder about his involvement in this case. He just makes my HINKEY meter go off the charts!

There's an updated story on that find here:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

It says the teens were told it wasn't related to the Caylee case, that it was a bomb! How many bombs tied to ropes tied to sticks to you find buried in the ground? :eek:

I agree. I think KC is the type to save her own a$$ at any expense and would definately throw some of her family under the bus if they were or were not involved. She will try to put it off on anyone including the people who stand up for her the most, her own parents.

Family, friends, whoever is the most believable. Tony comes to mind, after all he didn't stick by her once she went to jail, in KC's mind he should probably pay for that. Just trying to think like a sociopath. :)

How did the utility worker get past the chain link fence?

Regarding Casey's reaction... think of what was going on in her sick mind. Here she was thinking she was going to get off on reasonable doubt. Tim had called off his search, stating Caylee may never be found, Leonard was searching the wrong area so she knew he wasn't going to find her, her parents are crisscrossing the country attempting to convince everyone Caylee is alive... she was probably elated at the fact that she had "pulled it off". And what do ya know? She gets told that a utility worker randomly walking in the woods to pee found Caylee.

Regarding Casey's reaction... think of what was going on in her sick mind. Here she was thinking she was going to get off on reasonable doubt. Tim had called off his search, stating Caylee may never be found, Leonard was searching the wrong area so she knew he wasn't going to find her, her parents are crisscrossing the country attempting to convince everyone Caylee is alive... she was probably elated at the fact that she had "pulled it off". And what do ya know? She gets told that a utility worker randomly walking in the woods to pee found Caylee.

That could be why she kept throwing Blanchard Park out there to everyone and changed the abduction story to occur there. Attempting to throw people off the trail...

It's fabulous, no? I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they broke the news to her.

Thank God for Florida's weather. Casey picked the wrong spot to dispose of Caylee's boday. There is tissue and hair. She is going down!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone remember Chris s. stating on July 15 at around 9:30am he seen someone that looked like Casey running on Chickasaw and he texted her to ask if that was her and she said no, I wonder if Casey was revisiting the place she put Caylee or disposing of her clothes? I am assuming this in fact was Casey.
Vanpet
Any ideas anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members