Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. It's sad. And what's worse, the vicious killers who are running around free today may be killing others right now, or maybe have already slaughtered others since the 2 child murders.

We can't afford this type of do-nothing, say-nothing investigation. But it's a great way to get more people killed, if that's what you want.

Would you rather the LE blurt out everything they know, blow the case and investigation, and allow the killer(s) to run free? we must pray for patience, and have faith in our LE. IF we have so many ideas and questions, can you just imagine all they have to sort through? And then some!
Have faith. Maybe that's what God is waiting on.

As I said elsewhere, I am hopeful that this one will be solved. I think it is possible that L.E. is getting farther with this case than we know. I don't have any inside info but this case has some characteristics that would seem to make it solvable.

Originally Posted by ArizonaGiGi
this case has just gone silent. nothing from le. nothing from reporters. nothing

Hey you people of Oklahoma - get pissed!!!!!!! Do something about it!!!!!

I am outraged that this has is not in the news and on National TV constantly :furious:

SSquote;We are...but when the media tells you that LE is giving them nothing to do a story on...well...not much we can do about that. Putting pressure on the media is fine, but LE doesn't have to respond to them either.

Why aren't the people of AZ up in arms about Brianna Dennison?! I don't see anything on her case anymore in the AZ press either. Same thing...you can't force the press to create stories out of nothing.

SS,
She was killed in Nevada last I heard. And you gotta admit, an 11 and 13 year gunned down in broad daylight, execution style? in rural Oklahoma is more unheard of than a rape/kidnapping/murder of a 20's something. Or do you just like to argue??????????
No, Sorry! I am tired. Been on too many cases lately and I guess they run together sometimes. My apologies. However, I would still like the media to pick up more on Bri's case and this case...but it doesn't seem to be happening with or without outcries from the public.

The only reason I posted the murders in Spencer was because there was little news out at the time and both were shot in the head. While they probably are not related, I thought it should be posted so we could find out more.

No, Sorry! I am tired. Been on too many cases lately and I guess they run together sometimes. My apologies. However, I would still like the media to pick up more on Bri's case and this case...but it doesn't seem to be happening with or without outcries from the public.

:blowkiss: ya I know how you feel. It's a pisser that there aren't some bad guys locked up right now for these cases!! I wish I could do something to help.

I just don't agree that LE and OSBI are keeping info under wraps. This was the same thing that was suggested when Tara Grinstead disappeared, which was nearly 3 years ago. I think OSBI doesn't have a clue why or who.
The two cases are totally different - a missing adult and two murdered children. In Tara's case they have no physical evidence and no body - in this case, they have both, and A POI that is identifiable - more than just a poor quality security cam frame with a fence blocking the face.

I hope BOTH cases are solved, but I cannot draw any comparison in the way these two were handled by LE or what LE said/did. In Tara's case there is/ was no shortage of coverage - it's still getting press (and LE is PUSHING for it) after more than 2 years. Weleeltka LE and the OSBI are oddly (and illogically) quiet while the public clamors for updates and the media seems to have ALL gone totally silent all of a sudden - and it sure doesn't appear the case is anywhere near cold or without information that makes it solvable. I mean they aren't even pushing for the sketch to be promoted? That makes like ZERO sense.

The circumstances and the weight of evidence and witnesses certainly lead me to believe the Weleetka case is both very active and solvable. How it could be cold with a POI, physical evidence, 2 undeniably innocent victims and a clean crime scene, in less than 4 weeks, I cannot imagine??!! There aren't even full autopsies or DNA results yet. My gut says it's not cold, more like dry ice---it looks cold but it will BURN you bad. I think this "cold case" is about to burn somebody who thinks they have committed the perfect crime.

Every media outlet from the tiny local paper to ALL the Oklahoma major print and broadcast media all the way up to Fox, CNN, USA Today, People Magazine and all the networks went from furious frequent reports to NOTHING - even though NOTHING has reportedly been done or happened (officially anyway) to discourage coverage. Yes, cases do go cold, but not ones with a POI sketch so detailed it could be a PHOTO and before all the evidence has even been analyzed (as far as we have been told anyway). It's WAY too soon (and the case far too hot) for this to drop off the radar from lack of info or public disinterest - especially locally. The GS Murders still get covered and that was over 30 years ago. What is happening here is NOT logical or normal - not in any similar case I have seen.

I am gonna stick with my initial feeling that there is a darn good reason we are enduring an info/media drought in this case. I trust there will be justice for these two Angels - they are inspiring everyone in this, LE included. May Tara find justice soon as well.

My Opinion

The two cases are totally different - a missing adult and two murdered children. In Tara's case they have no physical evidence and no body - in this case, they have both, and A POI that is identifiable - more than just a poor quality security cam frame with a fence blocking the face.

I hope BOTH cases are solved, but I cannot draw any comparison in the way these two were handled by LE or what LE said/did. In Tara's case there is/ was no shortage of coverage - it's still getting press (and LE is PUSHING for it) after more than 2 years. Weleeltka LE and the OSBI are oddly (and illogically) quiet while the public clamors for updates and the media seems to have ALL gone totally silent all of a sudden - and it sure doesn't appear the case is anywhere near cold or without information that makes it solvable. I mean they aren't even pushing for the sketch to be promoted? That makes like ZERO sense.

The circumstances and the weight of evidence and witnesses certainly lead me to believe the Weleetka case is both very active and solvable. How it could be cold with a POI, physical evidence, 2 undeniably innocent victims and a clean crime scene, in less than 4 weeks, I cannot imagine??!! There aren't even full autopsies or DNA results yet. My gut says it's not cold, more like dry ice---it looks cold but it will BURN you bad. I think this "cold case" is about to burn somebody who thinks they have committed the perfect crime.

Every media outlet from the tiny local paper to ALL the Oklahoma major print and broadcast media all the way up to Fox, CNN, USA Today, People Magazine and all the networks went from furious frequent reports to NOTHING - even though NOTHING has reportedly been done or happened (officially anyway) to discourage coverage. Yes, cases do go cold, but not ones with a POI sketch so detailed it could be a PHOTO and before all the evidence has even been analyzed (as far as we have been told anyway). It's WAY too soon (and the case far too hot) for this to drop off the radar from lack of info or public disinterest - especially locally. The GS Murders still get covered and that was over 30 years ago. What is happening here is NOT logical or normal - not in any similar case I have seen.

I am gonna stick with my initial feeling that there is a darn good reason we are enduring an info/media drought in this case. I trust there will be justice for these two Angels - they are inspiring everyone in this, LE included. May Tara find justice soon as well. My Opinion

I believe you're confusing Tara and Jennifer's cases. There was no security camera in Tara's case.

All I was saying was that people seemed to think Georgia LE had something under wraps, which apparently they did not. I don't know why reporters haven't confronted Rosser. He seemed so open to their comments earlier.

I just don't agree that LE and OSBI are keeping info under wraps. This was the same thing that was suggested when Tara Grinstead disappeared, which was nearly 3 years ago. I think OSBI doesn't have a clue why or who.

I hope your wrong, in both cases.

Weleetka case not progressing

Associated Press - July 8, 2008 12:35 AM ET
WELEETKA, Okla. (AP) - One month after two girls were shot to death on a rural Okfuskee County road, investigators don't appear to be much closer to solving the crime than they were the day it happened.
No arrests have been made. No suspects have been identified. No motive has been determined. And a sketch of a mystery man who is listed as a "person of interest" has produced hundreds of leads but no notable results.

http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8632169

Of course, I hope I'm wrong about the case not making progress. I think my frustration comes with all the offers of outside help, yet it appears OSBI is intent on doing the investigation themselves. But, of course, maybe they are using the FBI, although there's no outside indication they are doing so.

Weleetka case not progressing

Associated Press - July 8, 2008 12:35 AM ET
WELEETKA, Okla. (AP) - One month after two girls were shot to death on a rural Okfuskee County road, investigators don't appear to be much closer to solving the crime than they were the day it happened.
No arrests have been made. No suspects have been identified. No motive has been determined. And a sketch of a mystery man who is listed as a "person of interest" has produced hundreds of leads but no notable results.

http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8632169
Well...at least someone finally wrote something. I guess it isn't all bad news. :mad:

:blowkiss: ya I know how you feel. It's a pisser that there aren't some bad guys locked up right now for these cases!! I wish I could do something to help.

It is so frustrating but it seems the Megan Touma case may be bogged down also.

But I do believe that these cases will be solved. I have got to keep the faith that they will.

If OSBI just administered a polygraph this Monday that shows this case certainly has not grown cold by any stretch of the imagination. They probably haven't even gotten the forensic results back yet since it has only been a month.

imoo

Of course, I hope I'm wrong about the case not making progress. I think my frustration comes with all the offers of outside help, yet it appears OSBI is intent on doing the investigation themselves. But, of course, maybe they are using the FBI, although there's no outside indication they are doing so.

On their site didn't they say they were taking this case "national"? If so they have no jurisdiction to do that on their own and would have to ask for FBI and US Marshall's office to assist them.

imoo

Body Found In River

Posted: July 7, 2008 08:55 PM CDT

The medical examiner is trying to identify a man's body pulled out of the Arkansas River in Muskogee County. A fisherman found the body of a white man in his 20s.

Investigators say the man has tattoos and a wallet, but they still couldn't make a positive identification. Detectives think the man is from Tulsa, but can't say how long ago he died.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8631719

Again, not saying it is related in any way...but wanted to mention it until we know more.

I am gonna stick with my initial feeling that there is a darn good reason we are enduring an info/media drought in this case. I trust there will be justice for these two Angels - they are inspiring everyone in this, LE included. May Tara find justice soon as well.

My Opinion

This is what I tend to think also but I am constantly overwhelmed by the thought OSBI might just be inept. I get no impression OSBI wants help from the public, they just want to be left alone. Which means solving the case isn't the number one priority.

I don't think forensics will solve this, looking at relationships should solve this case. For that outsiders may be the answer. They need people who don't know or care how that part of the country works.

I think our only hope now is that somebody phones in the answer.

Has anyone been reported missing in that area since the girls were murdered?

Hello,

Nancy Grace 6-12-2008 transcripts.cnn.com/Transcripts ,

I found this interesting,

"Well, we've got calibers in mind, but I don't want to limit that to just those,
Had they fired at the girls and missed them, there could be projectiles used that we wasn't aware of. So we've just - I'm sure there's calibers being spoken about out there, but we just want to keep that between ourselves.
The investigators will know and the shooters will know when the time is right".

Missed them? Projectiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member