Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
1114ebk.jpg

In this grainy 2-18-08 Photo it appears his hair is pulled back, and he's wearing glasses

Most NA that I know have brown eyes and dark hair. My twin sister wears blue color contacts you can't tell she has contact in. Her real eye color is dark brown. We are not NA but her husband is he has black hair and brown eyes. Just looking at the POI sketch I would assume he has brown eyes.

my sons eyes change from green to brown according to what kind of mood hes in and what color of shirt he has on. My daughter has real dark brown hair and eye so blue they look fake. One day at my moms she ask when DD eye turned green. They were just as green as green could be. I put a blue shirt on her and they turn back blue. So her eyes change color with her clothes. Byrd and the POI look a like to me. There a lot of reason his eyes could be different colors.

Also, he wears glasses. That means he could wear contacts with a different color or a tint to them.

I do know that Native Americans are allowed to keep their hair long while they are in prison, although there has been some controversy over this recently. His hair is tucked in. If he put it over his ears with the cap on to further hide his features, it looks like him.

To my way of thinking, if mugshot #1 is the first one you see while searching, it's no wonder that nobody picked him out earlier. Click back to photo #1 to see what I'm saying.

http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/serv...0&offender_id=28318&county=osage&imageindex=1

2wd3msx.jpg

Sideview shot in 2007/hair may be tucked inside his tee-shirt/slight bulge in back

I don't see the resemblance between the Byrd guy, and the POI. POI, age 35, indian decent, green eyes
Byrd is NA (probably Osage) and has brown eyes, I think the POI also has brown eyes, perhaps the sketch looks lighter brown (hazel) because the witness wasn't sure and the sketch isn't definite as to eye color either. Most NA's have some version of brown eyes.

If you look at the sketch and Byrd side by side, the resemblance is very striking - same face shape, same mouth and lines around the mouth, same nose, same placement of the eyes, nose and mouth. As to complexion, when the pics of Byrd were taken he had been indoors (prison) since 1996 - I am sure he is darker now - probably about the same as the sketch. And yes Byrd is older than the estimated age of the POI, but if you look at the side-by-side comparison of his mug shot and the sketch, they look the same age...and age is pretty subjective, especially for NA men.What looks 30's to me could look 40's to others. I have an Uncle who is thin and tall and he is 73, he looks 50, if that. With a hat on (covering his grey hair) if I didn't know his actual age, I'd say maybe 50.

Byrd may have NOTHING to do with this case - but it is great that people have not forgotten the POI and are out there LOOKING for him. He can't hide forever unless he's dead.

To me Creech did NOT resemble the sketch at all - if he hadn't had long hair in a ponytail in the mug shot, he wouldn't have even been considered. Yeah, Creech is a nasty piece of work, violent and abusive - he'll re-offend and end up spending his life in prison - just not from this case.

My Opinion

To me, the eyes in the sketch look more "hooded" than Byrd's. Also the sketch nose is broader. I do believe that originally the POI's eye color was reported as "hazel", which is a green/brown. This is the color of my eyes. I am 1/8 Native American, so eye color can depend on the NA blood quantum.

2wd3msx.jpg

Sideview shot in 2007/hair may be tucked inside his tee-shirt/slight bulge in back

Good catch, I think you're correct. His hair might be tucked to give a better view for the mugshot.

To me, the eyes in the sketch look more "hooded" than Byrd's. Also the sketch nose is broader. I do believe that originally the POI's eye color was reported as "hazel", which is a green/brown. This is the color of my eyes. I am 1/8 Native American, so eye color can depend on the NA blood quantum.

The POI's nose is SLIGHTLY broader, and again, the eyes were listed as green, then brown by LE.
Remember, sketches from eye witnesses are not going to be 100% accurate, and the POI had a hat on, which helps to hide, or partically hide some facial features....especially the eyes.

You can't get a much closer likeness, even if the guy were to be sitting right in front of you for a portrait.

I'd say the witness and artist did a great rendering. I've never seen a closer resemblence in a sketch.

We have to remember that the light also affects color and shape--the angle of sun and shadows.

Remembering, sorry, but I think it was on Topix, but someone once said POI could be on an Indian Reservation. Hmmmmm on Mapquest, this land where Fairfax and Gray Horse is, IS on Indian Reservation Land.

Also, thinking, if I drove by and saw someone standing along side a road and pickup, I dont think I could have given near the likness that this shows, between Byrd and POI sketch. I think the likeness is uncanny and I pray that this may finally be the break LE needs to put the puzzle all together.

2wd3msx.jpg

His hair is at least past his shoulders (that lump is 6" long, at least, hair gets thinner toward the ends and it could taper to a much longer length that we can't see thru the shirt) - and by now (18 mos later) could be to the small of his back. Like I said, LE requires the hair be pulled off the face and neck in mug shots - in the T-shirt photo and the orange jumpsuit photo Byrd has his hair tucked into his collar - notice in the jumpsuit photo the collar is pulled up over his neck in back (like he's posing for a fashion shot). His hair LOOKS shorter but if you examine it closely, it's long and just "bent" into his shirt above the shoulder. That is not the ends of his hair - I can make my long hair look short too, the same way - just gather it up and leave it loose to my shoulders and hide the fastening...it looks shoulder length until you look closer and realize it isn't CUT at that length but gathered and turned under to appear that length. In those photos Byrd has long hair - and if he is traditional NA and doesn't cut his hair, it could easily be to his waist now.

Just look at the POI sketch - the hair is shown tucked under at the shoulders in that as well, even though we know his hair is waist length.

My Opinion

I can't get to my Photo Sop program It's not on my lap top this is the best I could do for now, it kinda gives us an idea

23uoh9u.jpg
[/IMG]

Makes you wonder what relationship the person who listed this information has to the investigation--and what that person risked by posting it.

Remembering, sorry, but I think it was on Topix, but someone once said POI could be on an Indian Reservation. Hmmmmm on Mapquest, this land where Fairfax and Gray Horse is, IS on Indian Reservation Land.

Also, thinking, if I drove by and saw someone standing along side a road and pickup, I dont think I could have given near the likness that this shows, between Byrd and POI sketch. I think the likeness is uncanny and I pray that this may finally be the break LE needs to put the puzzle all together.

Hmm...very interesting. Thanks for the information.
So many people contributing great info today!!!

I am an Oklahoman, born and bred, and a card-carrying member of the Choctaw Nation. There are no "reservations" in Oklahoma today, but there are areas where tribes have their headquarters. Fairfax is in Osage County. So if he is a native of Fairfax, he is most likely of the Osage Tribe.

His hair is at least past his shoulders (that lump is 6" long, at least, hair gets thinner toward the ends and it could taper to a much longer length that we can't see thru the shirt) - and by now (18 mos later) could be to the small of his back. Like I said, LE requires the hair be pulled off the face and neck in mug shots - in the T-shirt photo and the orange jumpsuit photo Byrd has his hair tucked into his collar - notice in the jumpsuit photo the collar is pulled up over his neck in back (like he's posing for a fashion shot). His hair LOOKS shorter but if you examine it closely, it's long and just "bent" into his shirt above the shoulder. That is not the ends of his hair - I can make my long hair look short too, the same way - just gather it up and leave it loose to my shoulders and hide the fastening...it looks shoulder length until you look closer and realize it isn't CUT at that length but gathered and turned under to appear that length. In those photos Byrd has long hair - and if he is traditional NA and doesn't cut his hair, it could easily be to his waist now.

Just look at the POI sketch - the hair is shown tucked under at the shoulders in that as well, even though we know his hair is waist length.

My Opinion

I do believe you're right, and I thought it was tucked into his shirt/jumper at first too.
It is not the end of his hair showing in the pics...it's definitely tucked.
Also, do you know any man who has his hair in a bob cut?!?
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member