Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
FlowerChild, I live in Weleetka and everything you are saying is correct, I have heard the same things.

Witnesses that are known to the locals (may not be ALL the witnesses, but these are the ones who are known to the locals to be witnesses)
3 people heard the shots
1 saw the girls walking very close to where they were shot (and possibly also the POI, witness and OSBI are evasive on that detail)
2 saw the POI (and one may have gotten a good close look at him)

Here's something important! Everyone assumes the POI was seen only on County Line Rd (the road the girls were found on) near where the bodies were, at or after the time of the murders - and LE and the OSBI have encouraged that assumption. BUT that may not be entirely true. It may be that the POI was seen before the shootings on a cross-road to County Line Road AND on County Line Road "near" where the girls were shot. So it is possible that the POI was seen before the shots were heard on another road, then was seen minutes before the shots were heard (at the time the girls were seen walking home) and then after the shots were heard near (or at) the location where the girls were found. If he did not kill the girls, there is no doubt he would have seen who DID kill them. Witnesses put him in the vicinity before and after the shots were fired and since then no-one has seen him.

This lends credence to an early theory that IF the POI was the shooter, he was watching the girls (and/or the Placker House) from somewhere else before he drove up or walked up and shot them. And THAT scenario means that the murders were planned at least several minutes before they happened - what we don't know is if the POI was after the girls specifically or was looking to shoot anyone from the Placker house, or was just looking for someone random to kill?

Creech IS NOT a suspect and has been cleared, Patterson remains on the list of possibles and has not been 100% cleared yet - evidently he does live alone and has no alibi for the time of the murders. He has been questioned, taken a poly and they have his DNA to match to any they MIGHT recover from the scene or the girls bodies. Patterson could have walked to the scene, shot the girls and walked back home thru the woods - nobody would have seen him (except maybe the POI?)

The girls were not sexually assaulted and there were no signs of physical abuse or sexual abuse reported by the ME. The parents of both girls (GPa and GMa in Taylor's case) have been questioned several times and are not suspects. The questioning of the families is ongoing but it is to gather information that might lead to potential suspects.

The POI remains the only person seen in the area that was not known to anyone and who was acting in a suspicious manner.

And that's what I have from my Contact for everyone this evening.
Again,nothing official, just info from a local person who wants the human garbage who did this removed from the streets for good.

My Opinion
TY, TY, TY - FC. I have been trying so, so hard not to let the POI color my feelings on this case. After all, as far as we know - no one SAW him fire the shots, right? So......this could be a case of someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That - and it's been a bit of a struggle determining motive in terms of a stranger. This possibility makes so much more sense to me. Some crackpot with an imagined ax to grind. IDK.....

Could the POI also be a victim and the reason no one has been able to find him? If he did come upon the girls and saw what happened at the time...could the shooter have been training a gun on him from inside the truck or elsewhere and why he acted "suspiciously"? Is it possible he was abducted at gunpoint and taken elsewhere?

I tried looking up some of the names associated with the court cases with no luck. I hope this isn't just a fluke. If they have this guy's DNA already and gave him a poly...they should already know if he is a POI or a suspect. They would put a rush on it if they felt like he was involved, I would think. I don't know what to think at this point.
Don't think they have the DNA from the girls/crime scene yet, so OSBI may not have anything to match the suspect's DNA to at this point. And if they don't have the Killer(s) DNA sample, they just have to sit in a holding pattern with ANY potential suspects until they get results - and nobody has said for sure if there will even BE any Killer(s) DNA recovered.

Here in Texas, even a "rush" DNA analysis can take 6-8 weeks - and then once they have what they think is a good DNA profile (or even multiple profiles) they have to compare all the family first (to eliminate THEIR DNA), run it thru CODIS and then start thru the suspect's DNA samples. That can take sometimes 2-3 weeks per suspect - and that's IF they already began processing the family's DNA and any suspect's DNA as soon as they got it (and aren't waiting to see if there was any usable DNA from the crime scene). A full analysis with multiple suspects can take months and months (2 months for the original samples from the crime scene and 2 months for just the 1st batch of Suspect and family samples to be processed and matched. The schedule depends totally on the policy of the LE agency requesting anaylsis (and their budget).

We may hear by the end of July IF there is any usable DNA from the scene that is NOT supposed to be there. Even assuming there is DNA evidence, and it isn't already in CODIS it might be months before the killer's sample gets processed and matched.
With help from my Lab tech friend who knows this stuff....
My Opinion

I remember that, the kids went to a couple in Pharoah, OK. didn't they?
This could give him a motive with a mental condition to kill the girls possibly. He might see his girls leaving as a betrayal from them not the system and when he saw the two girls (Skyla and Taylor) mistaking them for his own...he snapped. Just a thought.

Thank you , FC. You've provided a lot of information to think about.

http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/fr...ntent_id=6c37933f-99b9-46ea-96e7-52f1467d6eb5

An Oklahoma community is on edge as investigators comb through evidence in the murders of two young girls.

The town of Weleetka, some residents say they remember... is peaceful, positive, and proud.

2NEWS Chief Meteorologist Dan Threlkeld dusted off his old yearbook and wondered if his former classmates feel the same way.

"I wanted my kids to grow up in a small town because I did. It was always a positive experience. It was always about school, band practice, football games, and dragging main."

I just can't believe the lack of information that is coming out of Weleetka on these murders. Even when a news article comes out, it's the same information over and over and nothing new. If they would just release a few tidbits, they might get some valuable information from the people who live around there.

I just can't believe the lack of information that is coming out of Weleetka on these murders. Even when a news article comes out, it's the same information over and over and nothing new. If they would just release a few tidbits, they might get some valuable information from the people who live around there.

I have to agree with you, YellowDog. It has been VERY frustrating.

They were found in a ditch next to the road. I can't speak for the writer of the article, but my guess is they meant the road itself is in an isolated area. In other words, you have to know it's there to travel it.

I ditto that it is one shooter.
I would believe the POI is just that except one thing. The way the truck was parked. Unless he was driving down the road saw something happening put on brakes & jumped out to see what he thought he saw & the killer was hauling butt & he looked at girls & said man-o man no one is going to believe me!!

I would believe the POI is just that except one thing. The way the truck was parked. Unless he was driving down the road saw something happening put on brakes & jumped out to see what he thought he saw & the killer was hauling butt & he looked at girls & said man-o man no one is going to believe me!!

Or he could have seen the bodies lying beside the road and jumped out to give them aid and then realized they were already dead. And he could have blocked the road purposely by angling his vehicle so no one could pass the scene without him moving his truck.

If the POI isn't the shooter then he watched the whole thing go down- because other people saw the POI hanging out in the vicinity before the shots were heard. And obviously he went over to SEE what happened for himself - he was perhaps the ONLY person to see the bodies before GPa found them. If he isn't the shooter than he HAD to see what happened - and he went over to check it out up-close - other wise how would he have driven right to the bodies from where he was seen on the other road?

Based on what we know - the POI is either the shooter or SAW the shooter (and a vehicle if the shooter had one). Maybe he only saw and heard the shooting from a distance (that other road) and can't ID the person? If he was just a witness to the shooting I can see him NOT wanting to come forward - especially if he feels he can't ID the real killer. OR maybe he knows the killer and now the killer knows the POI saw him - and the POI is afraid of the killer coming after HIM? I can see him calling in a "tip" to LE and staying hidden - especially if he has anything in his past that makes him look more guilty. Maybe once the DNA is announced (if there is any) he will come forward if he is innocent. He might be waiting until LE has something definitive to clear him before he risks coming forward.

I don't know what theory is closest to the truth but I DO think it was one shooter with 2 guns.

It is possible it WAS the neighbor. The reason I say it is possible because I can see the neighbor walking thru the woods, waiting by the road or calling the girls over, shooting them, and going back home thru the woods. I say this because this guy would have been "known" by the girls and they would maybe have walked right over to him. And because except for the POI, nobody saw anyone driving away from the crime scene, hanging around the area, or AT the crime scene - if it wasn't the POI, then where was the killer before he killed? After he killed? And why did nobody see him OR his vehicle?

So I see TWO possible senarios for the killer - no motive for either yet, I don't think the motive is as important at this point, I just want the caught

1. The POI - not a local, who was looking for SOMEONE to kill - he waited for the victims or any victims to show up - he then drove over, killed them and calmly left the area and was in hiding or far away within 24 hours.
2. Someone local on foot - he either lives nearby or parked his vehicle nearby came and went thru the woods, killed the girls and went back into the woods home or to his vehicle. He wasn't seen on the road or in the area because he wasn't where he could be seen and wasn't in a vehicle that was seen. By the time the girls were found he was home or in his vehicle and was at or headed to a public place where there wer people around where he could possibly say he was at the time of the killing.

In either case I predict that the guns are history - unless its the crazy neighbor and he can't bear to get rid of his guns, and just hid them somewhere. The killer must know by now that the guns can link him to the crime and would get rid of them - either pitch them or sell them for a few bucks to some random unsuspecting criminal he met in a bar or "around" wherever he is hiding out.

Just my thoughts at the moment - subject to change as we learn more....

My Opinion

Or he could have seen the bodies lying beside the road and jumped out to give them aid and then realized they were already dead. And he could have blocked the road purposely by angling his vehicle so no one could pass the scene without him moving his truck.
If I saw a body (or two bodies) lying beside the road I was driving on I would - slam on my brakes, and pull to the side of the road - if I was too far past them I would back up or turn around, and go back to the spot. I any case when I parked, I would not be thinking about HOW I parked or whether I was in the road (especially if it was a dirt road) - I would be running to the bodies to see if they needed help. At the same time I would be dialing 911 on my cell phone, IF I had a phone with me anyway.

Taylor was lying almost in the road and would have been clearly visible from a passing car - not so much Skyla, but Taylor would have been obvious. I wonder if the "Good Samaritan POI" (he didn't kill the girls and just drove by and saw them) found the bodies lying face down (as they fell) and turned one or both the bodies face up and laid them out so he could see if they were alive? Maybe that is why LE hasn't given body position (or wound locations) info to the media? Maybe that is so they can ID the POI and perhaps establish if he is the "Killer POI" or the "Good Samaritan POI" based on what he says he saw and did at the scene? That could also be why the 911 call isn't being released - perhaps GPa describes how he found the girls and LE knows from the evidence that SOMEONE ELSE moved one or both girls shortly after they were shot?

IE: Killer shoots both girls, they fall forward or crumple forward where they stood. Killer leaves scene.
POI arrives, maybe sees killer, maybe not, sees bodies, makes u-turn (leaving tire tracks?), parks awkwardly, leaving half the vehicle sticking across the road, gets out, runs to bodies (leaving footprints?), turns one or both girls over and stretches them out on their backs, checks for pulse - no pulse. POI knows people saw him and his truck in the area, is a meth head or has drugs or stolen stuff in his truck, or has a rap sheet for violent crimes, he is from OKC or Tulsa, was out looking for something to steal in the country, does NOT want to be talking to cops, or be connected to two dead girls so he gets in his truck and leaves the area ASAP.
GPA finds girls - calls 911, describes scene he found, does not touch girls because they are lying on their backs and are clearly dead.
LE arrives, photographs scene, talks to GPa. They look at blood evidence, crushed vegetation etc and determine the girls were in one position when they died and SOMEONE put them on their backs. Hear evidence about POI in area or at scene - no way to know if POI is killer or Good Samaritan who MAY have seen the real killer.

My Opinion

Could the POI also be a victim and the reason no one has been able to find him? If he did come upon the girls and saw what happened at the time...could the shooter have been training a gun on him from inside the truck or elsewhere and why he acted "suspiciously"? Is it possible he was abducted at gunpoint and taken elsewhere?
In case someone missed it. :rolleyes:

None that I am aware of, Philamena. However, if he was a transient type...who would report him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500