Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything in the article was pretty much the same, except this;

Brown hinted that she hopes to be able to share some "interesting new things" and "new techniques" investigators are using in this case sometime next week, because she said the public should be reminded how hard investigators are still working to find the girls killers.

"Not every crime is solvable," she said. "I think this one will be."

If the girls bodies weren't moved after the shootings, they may have moved off of the road to get out of the way of an oncoming vehicle. The walking would have been much easier on the road than in the ditch so something must have gotten them to leave the road. Could someone have been trying to run them down with a vehicle?

Thank you FC for your very informative "inside" posts. They are long, but always detailed, relevant and full of valuable information!

My heart goes out to both families, despite their dynamics. This case centers around an unspeakable crime - no matter the motive or circumstances. I sincerely hope - for the good people of this community - that this crime will be solved soon.

I found this article on Tulsa World tonight. According to this reporter, the OSBI believes it was AT LEAST TWO SHOOTERS. It also stated that someone reported a pickup full of boys in the area at the time of the killings. I hadn't heard this before. This could put a whole different light on things. A group of teenagers perhaps drunk out joyriding and shooting guns? A vendetta for something the girls did?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

Everything in the article was pretty much the same, except this;

Brown hinted that she hopes to be able to share some "interesting new things" and "new techniques" investigators are using in this case sometime next week, because she said the public should be reminded how hard investigators are still working to find the girls killers.

"Not every crime is solvable," she said. "I think this one will be."
------------
I'll bet one of the new techniques they are using and that will be revealed next week will be this: retrieving fingerprints off of bullet casings:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/jun/03/fingerprints.bullets

I found this article on Tulsa World tonight. According to this reporter, the OSBI believes it was AT LEAST TWO SHOOTERS. It also stated that someone reported a pickup full of boys in the area at the time of the killings. I hadn't heard this before. This could put a whole different light on things. A group of teenagers perhaps drunk out joyriding and shooting guns? A vendetta for something the girls did?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824
By JEFF BILLINGTON World Staff Writer
6/12/2008
Last Modified: 6/12/2008 8:13 AM

OSBI Special Agent Ben Rosser said Wednesday that two different caliber weapons were used to kill the two girls, and because of that fact, investigators believe there were at least two killers. Rosser said investigators have not released the type of weapons used to kill the girls.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824 (Bolded by me)

That is old news. Don't get too excited. The boys were cleared and the initial reports from LE was the "assumption" of two shooters due to the two different guns used. This was also before the witnesses came forward and they developed the POI.

Great stuff, Flower! Wow!

Question: Since the grandmother seemed to know about the shots and now they say she didn't get close enough....could she have actually been involved...as in set the girls up and knew exactly where on their body they would be shot, when, and at what time?

By JEFF BILLINGTON World Staff Writer
6/12/2008
Last Modified: 6/12/2008 8:13 AM

OSBI Special Agent Ben Rosser said Wednesday that two different caliber weapons were used to kill the two girls, and because of that fact, investigators believe there were at least two killers. Rosser said investigators have not released the type of weapons used to kill the girls.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824 (Bolded by me)

That is old news. Don't get too excited. The boys were cleared and the initial reports from LE was the "assumption" of two shooters due to the two different guns used. This was also before the witnesses came forward and they developed the POI.

The point I was trying to make was that it could be more than two shooters.

Great stuff, Flower! Wow!

Question: Since the grandmother seemed to know about the shots and now they say she didn't get close enough....could she have actually been involved...as in set the girls up and knew exactly where on their body they would be shot, when, and at what time?

But why? Life insurance??? Should be easy enough to determine...

Hmmm, I'd guess the entire family viewed the body once the autopsy had been completed. That is reaching way out there, grasping at air. Plus, she was there at the scene either theory could explain what she described she saw.

The way she explained it was so detailed on Greta that when people say she was making it up...I find it amazing. She even went as far as to explain the gauze covering the wounds, moving back the thing they had her covered with, and saying she didn't see the legs etc. Sure was convincing for an alleged liar, but I guess it happens.

I doubt life insurance from this family would be it. I wonder if they even have medical insurance. Besides, the grandmother wouldn't be getting any of it even if they did.

Since they weren't close, I guess Skyla wasn't around the place much where her grandmother worked...right?

If Rose and her parents were not close, why did Rose call her mom immediately and have her come to the scene? I have a hard time believing that the grandmother didnt see what she said she saw. Also the comment about her grandmother saying she was a vet, IIRC in her interview she said Skyla wanted to be a vet when she grew up. I don't remember the grandmother saying she was a vet in any of the interviews.

The way she explained it was so detailed on Greta that when people say she was making it up...I find it amazing. She even went as far as to explain the gauze covering the wounds, moving back the thing they had her covered with, and saying she didn't see the legs etc. Sure was convincing for an alleged liar, but I guess it happens.

I doubt life insurance from this family would be it. I wonder if they even have medical insurance. Besides, the grandmother wouldn't be getting any of it even if they did.

Since they weren't close, I guess Skyla wasn't around the place much where her grandmother worked...right?

Hello SS, do you have a link to the Greta-Claudia Farrow-explaining the gauza covering? I've never heard this. Thank you.

Has anyone besides me ever thought it was strange that Taylor slept on the floor in a sleeping bag? I don't know why, but for some reason that stuck in my mind as being unusual and rather temporary.

I have tried to read each and every post but I missed that. Is it fact that she slept on the floor in a sleeping bag every night or did she actually have a bed and just sometimes slept on the floor????? Please someone answer me this because it is very odd to me if it is the former, and ya'll usually don't answer me. boo hoo

I have tried to read each and every post but I missed that. Is it fact that she slept on the floor in a sleeping bag every night or did she actually have a bed and just sometimes slept on the floor????? Please someone answer me this because it is very odd to me if it is the former, and ya'll usually don't answer me. boo hoo

I hadn't heard that. (sleeping bag)

Hello SS, do you have a link to the Greta-Claudia Farrow-explaining the gauza covering? I've never heard this. Thank you.

I heard her say this about the gauze on one interview, but I could almost swear that she first made it sound as if she pulled the cover back, but then said they pulled it back. I'm probably wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname