Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the grandfather say that Taylor went barefoot most of the time? If the girls were barefoot the day of the murders, their footprints would stand out as opposed to those of people wearing shoes or boots. Of course, that dirt road may have been too hot for barefeet that day.

I thinking about that last week YD...
Thank you FC for & Frog for the ranch location info
:)

Frog, I think it was discussed earlier that the Mr. Chancey spoken about is the father of Dusty Chancey. I'm sorry, I don't remember his first name.

D.D. Chancey was Dusty's father. He served as superintendent of Graham School until 1995 - Dusty has held that position since. From this article it sounds like Dusty lives on the farm too (not sure if his father is still alive?). In another article it mentions that after the girls were murdered, Vickie requested Dusty come over to their house and I think it said he lived about 2 miles away.

"Today, Dusty Chancey lives in a house built by his great-grandfather in 1912. So he knows the community, both as it is today and as it was during his childhood."

http://newsok.com/weleetkas-no-dot-on-a-map-but-still-a-community/article/3259305/?tm=1213874735

I just called 3 convenient stores in Henryetta. Two had not heard about removing the fliers, (according to the employees who answered the phone) and the third said the flier in their store had been removed, but they were not sure when, and I would have to call in the morning to talk to the manager to find out why it was removed.

Thanks for checking.

Both Chanceys have the 1st initial "D". It is the D Chancey (Sr?) that lives right down the road from the Plackers (Bad Creek Farm) that employs the Farrows and also owns the house the Plackers live in.

The Farrows and The Whitakers live next door to each other about 8 miles South of Henryetta (just west of the IN Tpke). To get to the Plackers you'd either have to drive a rather long, very roundabout way on dirt and gravel country roads or drive 8 miles to I-40 and travel West to 75 and then take 75 South to the road North of the Plackers house and turn East on it for about 2-3 miles and then turn South on County Line Road and go about a mile to the Plackers. I am told it can take 20+ minutes to drive because there is no fast, smooth road that goes directly between the two places. I do have it mapped out - BOTH the Plackers and Whitaker/Farrows live pretty far off the main roads and on roads that have only one or two ways to access them.

The Whitaker/Farrow/Paschal-Placker families were/are intertwined in more ways than just their daughters being best friends.

My Opinion

The Whitaker/Farrow/Paschal-Placker families were/are intertwined in more ways than just their daughters being best friends.
My Opinion

I have said that before FC you are so right. Plackers have Kansas ties too among other things. This is reminding me more more of a nest of snakes. Not saying that the girls folks are snakes mind you.

You came very close to saying it. The Plackers, and Farrows remind you of a nest of snakes.

Glad to see I am not the only one now that is anxiously awaiting the presser tomorrow. I sure hope it is early because I have to work!!! GRRRR! They BETTER show it live locally here!!

You came very close to saying it. The Plackers, and Farrows remind you of a nest of snakes.

Thanks LifeSaver..I was just trying to be careful because they are in mourning. But all the research I have done & all the backgrounds, it simply befuddle the crap out of me.

Both Chanceys have the 1st initial "D". It is the D Chancey (Sr?) that lives right down the road from the Plackers (Bad Creek Farm) that employs the Farrows and also owns the house the Plackers live in.

The Farrows and The Whitakers live next door to each other about 8 miles South of Henryetta (just west of the IN Tpke). To get to the Plackers you'd either have to drive a rather long, very roundabout way on dirt and gravel country roads or drive 8 miles to I-40 and travel West to 75 and then take 75 South to the road North of the Plackers house and turn East on it for about 2-3 miles and then turn South on County Line Road and go about a mile to the Plackers. I am told it can take 20+ minutes to drive because there is no fast, smooth road that goes directly between the two places. I do have it mapped out - BOTH the Plackers and Whitaker/Farrows live pretty far off the main roads and on roads that have only one or two ways to access them.

My Opinion

Are they kin to each other?

How are they intertwined other than Mr. Chancey is an employer of the Farrows and Mr. Chancey rents the house to the Plackers?

Thanks in advance. Maybe I missed what the link is.

imoo

Glad to see I am not the only one now that is anxiously awaiting the presser tomorrow. I sure hope it is early because I have to work!!! GRRRR! They BETTER show it live locally here!!

Sure strange that they haven't even put out a time it is going to be held.:confused:

imoo

I would imagine the news outlets have been told...but wonder why no one has reported it?

Thanks for checking.
You're welcome. And thank you for the info on Chancey. I remember ol DD, and kinda know Dusty, but didnt know who lived on the old homestead and if even DD was still alive. I see an address for him on an auctioneer's page.
Just trying to remember folk from my childhood too. =)

Frog, thank you for calling those stores! It was awesome of you to go to that trouble for us!

:blowkiss:

Hi Claycat and Frog

I just got home and am trying to catch up.
Hope ya'll had a good day.

I just called 3 convenient stores in Henryetta. Two had not heard about removing the fliers, (according to the employees who answered the phone) and the third said the flier in their store had been removed, but they were not sure when, and I would have to call in the morning to talk to the manager to find out why it was removed.

Wow, thanks so much frog, that was so nice of you to do.

I hope we sure learn something new tomorrow, don't you?

I just love your avatar. lol I had a little green rain frog get trapped between the screen and our window Friday and I had to go out and take the screen off so the little fella could hop away.:)

imoo

Hi Getsmart~
just saw you on here also.

All these theories and no solid answers. It makes me nuts if I think about it to much.

Wow, thanks so much frog, that was so nice of you to do.

I hope we sure learn something new tomorrow, don't you?

I just love your avatar. lol I had a little green rain frog get trapped between the screen and our window Friday and I had to go out and take the screen off so the little fella could hop away.:)

imoo

Awwwwwwwwww how sweet of you to save him!
fRog is the testimony of my faith.

And you all are welcome about thanking me for calling. I dont know that I was much help, but I did talk to one lady who knew the girls really well. I hesitated to ask, but I did ask if there was any indication to what ol Roy on Topix says was true, and she told me that even OSBI asked her that, and that NO! She had no reason to believe it was so. She said these seemed to be nice people, (even tho they have shady backgrounds. I said that just now, she didnt say that) She said that her son goes to school with the girls, and that the Plackers brought Taylor's bicycle to her son. :Bicicleta:They said Taylor wouldnt be needing it where she is now. :angel: I got off the phone and cried. She said her son found 2 turtles and he asked to take them to the memorial, but when they got out that way, he felt so scared he changed his mind. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled