Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the 20 minutes to call 911 come from the difference between the time of the 911 call, which I believe was around 5:40, and Skyla's family saying they found out around 5:20 that something had happened?

LE hasn't even had the energy to issue a timeline for the murder of two girls. Can you think of a case where this has happened before?

I would be inclined to think the police put the gauze over the bodies as an act of human decency and possibly to keep flies and insects off of the bodies.
Maybe to preserve evidence,protect from the elements....like the rain??

Maybe to preserve evidence,protect from the elements....like the rain??
They normally cover bodies with a tarp or a sheet. It didn't rain until much later that night. I have never heard of LE using gauze on wounds of anyone already deceased upon their arrival. The EMTs should know not to touch the bodies except to check for a pulse if they arrived at the scene before LE, imo.

They normally cover bodies with a tarp or a sheet. It didn't rain until much later that night. I have never heard of LE using gauze on wounds of anyone already deceased upon their arrival. The EMTs should know not to touch the bodies except to check for a pulse if they arrived at the scene before LE, imo.

Maybe she thought it was a thin layer of gauze and, in reality, it was a sheet.
Or maybe that's all they had to cover the body with at the time. Just wondering.......

I don't know, Yellow. It seems more like something a family member may do instead of LE or an EMT when arriving at a crime scene. I could be wrong, but I have never heard of it before.

I do think that Claudia did see the gauze, wounds, and got close enough to Skyla's body to know the locations. What I don't know is when this occurred which to me is important since there was a delay in the 911 call.

After LE arrived, you can see by the photos of how far the crime scene tape is placed away from the scene. It is several car lengths and there would be no way possible for her to know those details. She could not possibly see the bodies from that distance with the foliage. I am hard pressed to believe LE would let them get near the bodies being loaded and surely they didn't see them at the ME's Office. The only time after that would be upon arrival at the funeral home and they would not have gauze covering the wounds, imo. They also would not have allowed the family to view her before she was "ready", imo.

Why the gauze tho? Do you think they had to identify the body then? I thought that was a thing of the past. Now they use a photograph or video set up in most places, imo.

I don't know how that would be possible either. When was the autopsy completed and the bodies sent to the funeral home? The interview was soon after the murders I thought. Would they have them id the body before the autopsy? She said Skyla's father moved the cloth or sheet himself. This wouldn't be allowed, would it?

Well, unless we know whether it really was gauze or not and exactly when it was
placed on or over the body and by whom, it would be impossible to make much of a determination IMO.

Wouldn't there have been mention of gauze being present on either of the girls' in their autposy reports? I know in hospital settings, if an autopsy is ordered, everything that is in contact with the body, including gauze dressings, is left in place and are only supposed to be removed by the Medical Examiner/Coroner at the time of the autopsy. I do not remember there being any mention of dressings of any kind in either autopsy report.

Wouldn't there have been mention of gauze being present on either of the girls' in their autposy reports? I know in hospital settings, if an autopsy is ordered, everything that is in contact with the body, including gauze dressings, is left in place and are only supposed to be removed by the Medical Examiner/Coroner at the time of the autopsy. I do not remember there being any mention of dressings of any kind in either autopsy report.

That is an excellent post about the gauze and the autopsies. There was not a mention of gauze in the autospy reports. (At least not that I can remember).

Also, I love the saying you have about the people who did not make it to your future. I am going to store that away for future reference!

Have a good day~
Flossie

If there was no gauze...then we have another suspect with Farrow. She knew the location of the wounds and saw them up close.

This is an officers report from a crime that occured in Anadarko, OK.
This report clearly outlines the timeline of the crime.
Is there anyway to obtain this type of document for the murders of Sklya and Taylor?
If so, it would greatly help w/ the time line and the immediate events that surrounded the crime scene.

Officers' Incident Report for Slain Anadarko Pastor Released

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has released an incident report from police officers who initially found a pastor dead in an Anadarko church.

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11026789

Do I remember that somewhere I read that paramedics were there and may have attempted care???? not sure ... and please don't ask...I cannot find the link...I'm a lot older now and my memory's gone.

Checking in and demanding justice for all these abused and neglected and murdered children today!!! Someone tell what you know.........for Skyla and Taylor. They deserve justice.

Maybe somebody should talk to Skyla's grandmother. The Whitakers really need to be more proactive in getting this crime solved. Years ago there wouldn't be much they could do but today there are a lot of resources for them to use. If they aren't comfortable doing something themselves then they need to find someone who can help them.

Maybe somebody should talk to Skyla's grandmother. The Whitakers really need to be more proactive in getting this crime solved. Years ago there wouldn't be much they could do but today there are a lot of resources for them to use. If they aren't comfortable doing something themselves then they need to find someone who can help them.
I agree albert18 100%

Waiting for answers.......I agree Albert. They need a spokesman or a Beth Twitty sort of person. Not to collect money or be in the limelight..but to demand answers and forward progress on this. There's no way, if this was my kin, could I just sit back and go on saying..well, can't bring 'em back. (NOT ANY WAY AM I SAYING THEY ARE DOING THIS) But in today's world, many times I have to go behind and follow companies and people and make sure they are doing the job they are supposed to do. KWIM?? I don't know, I'm just frustrated. Yes, the girls are gone but someone is getting by with murder!!

I just need to rant about this case for a minute:

WHAT THE HELL????

Two little girls in rural Ok gunned down (not just, "oops--got shot" as some collateral event) in the afternoon... and it's a YEAR LATER?!?! And there is no official, or even unofficial, indication of who, why, how, what?

I find it hard to believe that some thrill-addict kids got away so clean, say, by driving in from Tennessee and turning right around (yeah, right), and yet if it's not so random that it can't be tracked down, then it would have to be some complex, organized multi-motive killing like with the Billings in Florida. Hello?, for two little girls?

Of all the puzzling cases I've ever followed, this one is the most confounding. With a lot of cases, everyone starts thinking there's a complicated explanation, but then it turns out to be something tragic but simple, like a robbery. There is not one convincing simple possible explanation I've seen put forth about this one.

And yet, two little girls are executed. It defies belief.

Living in Oklahoma, I know the people here are the most caring, helpful people in times of tragedy. I have seen it demonstrated time after time. I can not understand why this has not been the case in these two little girl's murders. I do have some theories, however.

These families have not been ranting and demanding answers. Instead they are part of the muddied timeline, and seem satisfied to let sleeping dogs lie.

To say, as some have, that it is too dangerous for them or others to speak up with what they know, LE is involved in the cover-up or just plain botched the investigation, I say poor excuses. If these children were loved, and I am sure they were, I am ashamed to live in a state where they can be slaughtered and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and say, " Oh, well".
START FROM SCRATCH AND DO IT RIGHT. GET SOME NEW EYES TO LOOK AT IT.
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member