Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey PediNurse! I am an author-I love your slogan! "What is past is prologue." I may borrow that. As far as the girls, I am sure they froze up just seeing a gun. It was quick. Whoever it was - was pretty confident coming and going.

NoZ, I think that is a bit misleading tho and also maybe a simple link would suffice instead of an entire page we have seen. :) Especially since Christine asked the OCSD to read through this mess. (I still have no idea why she did tho?! Anyone?!)
You could drive five miles in any direction and probably find a home on land worth a substantial amount of money. I think those numbers are deceiving.

SS,
i guess didnt realize i was using too much space & i knew nothing about anything being transmitted to osbi.... i bet anything here is old news to investigators....as a rule i do not waste space with smilies & i try to remove non-pertinent info in quotes. i have only recently added a signature... so, 40 lashes with a wet noodle for me!

i stuck all that data on my post because some users have reported having trouble linking to outside sites.... my thinking was to give readers insight to small town, ok. several posters living in nearby towns have written that area is very depressed. i am sure there is a broader spectrum of property values, industry, resources & education nearer you in oklahoma city.

this is the link to sources:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Weleetka-Oklahoma.html

goodnight all. hoping tomorrow will bring arrests.

I LOVE this web site. You people do NOT screw around. You whipped up mug shots and stuff I never thought was available-in no time. I DID look at what felons were in the 30 mile radius. I was trying to see if there were any Plackers in there. It was some tool people pass around to see who their nieghbors are. I did not find many felons-just several people for sodomy if you can figure that. Not anyone into girls. Few people even report sodomy, so I can only think it is rampant there. Funny, not one meth or drug possesion felon.

GideonsTrumpet welcome to WS. I know there are tons of post on this topic so thought I would catch up on just a few things that you brought up in your first post.

Taylor and Skyla had a sleepover on Saturday night, Skyla's mother had called Sunday after the girls had left the house saying she was on her way to pick up Skyla. The grandmother tired to reach Taylor by cell phone to let them know Skyla's mom was on th way and they needed to return home. She did not get an answer so the grandfather went out to tell them they needed to get back home, he then found the bodies.

The bikers at Taylors funeral where there because there was a rumor of a protest that was going to happen. These bikers (believe they are called BACA - bikers against child abuse) attend funerals all over the place when there is rumors of a protest. I will try and find the article, but these bikers basically formed a line held up their jackets and protected this family from the media and curious onlookers during this most private emotional time while they were attempting to attend their grand daughters funeral.

I thought of the Girl Scout murders the SECOND I heard about Taylor and Skyla - both such a senseless, cruel fate for innocent girls. And 31 years later we still have no resolution or motive in that case ...or this one.

I have a (small) personal connection to the GS Murders and I have always felt there was something vital that was missed in the GS case - something that might have seemed insignificant, but wasn't. I am happy that the OSBI is being so careful and thorough in this case but I also hope that behind the scenes they are brainstorming and throwing around theories and turning every piece of evidence on it's head until they are seeing everything they know in every possible way. Technology and evidence are useless without the tireless footwork, the dull detail pounding and the intellect and instincts of dedicated LE officers. KEEP WORKING - we believe you can send every perpetrator responsible for the death of pure light and innocence in both cases into the bottom of hell where they belong.

We have come so far in crime scene technology and profiling since 1977 - and the GS murders had a definite "profile" and signature...like THIS case does. I hope we aren't still revisiting this as a cold case in 30 years -- actually I hope and pray that BOTH cases can be solved.

I'd like to think 3 Girl Scouts (Doris Denise, Lori and Michele) were waiting for Taylor and Skyla when they arrived and that right now there is a big ol' bunch of giggly, silly angels having a sleepover - halos askew, pillow fighting with fluffy clouds and painting each other's faces with stardust.

My Opinion

I thought of the Girl Scout murders the SECOND I heard about Taylor and Skyla - both such a senseless, cruel fate for innocent girls. And 31 years later we still have no resolution or motive in that case ...or this one.

I'd like to think 3 Girl Scouts (Doris Denise, Lori and Michele) were waiting for Taylor and Skyla when they arrived and that right now there is a big ol' bunch of giggly, silly angels having a sleepover - halos askew, pillow fighting with fluffy clouds and painting each other's faces with stardust

I hope so too Flower!

MUSKOGEE (June 19)
Nearly 300 are arrested in sweep for fugitives
The U.S. Marshal Service has made 290 arrests in a sweep for fugitives in eastern Oklahoma.

Marshals reported Wednesday that 493 warrants were cleared last week during a five-day sweep in 11 Oklahoma counties. The targets of this sweep were violent offenders, gang members and sex offenders. Among those arrested were 108 people wanted on narcotics charges, 14 wanted on weapons violations and four noncompliant sexual offenders.

http://newsok.com/crime-and-court-briefs/article/3259328/undefined?pg=1

Welcome SoonerFan,, teeone and GideonsTrumpet!!!!!! :)

I look forward to reading all of your posts. SoonerFan, I am sorry to hear of your loss. We are looking forward to hearing what you have to say on the "local" front.

Bringing forward MissHolmes family tree for those who want easier access and for new posters who might not have read all the previous threads.

Originally Posted by MissHolmes
The family tree has been partially updated. I will be working on it throughout the day.

http://placker.tribalpages.com/tribe...rand=767200765
Stars added to the front of the name have been added to note they may not be in the
proper place in the tree. But it did seem necessary to add them at this time.

Thanks to those who have sent me additional information :blowkiss:
Please continue to send me any info you may have to add.

Please NOTE: MissHolmes has had to password protect the family tree due to circumstances. Please pm her for the password.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS PERSON?

POI:

POI1.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366464,00.html

Thanks Windchime for the new thread!!!!!

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

p.s. What are the requirements for a forum?? (hint hint) LOL

This article is older (from June 11), but sad.

<snip>
In such a small school, the teachers and administrators wear many hats. Chancey drives the bus.

At five minutes to 8 each morning, he would pull to a stop on the rural road in front of Placker's house. Amid all the pain, this memory makes him laugh.

"Taylor would pop out of the door and come flying down the hill,” he said. "She would slow just enough for me to let her know if it was OK to cross the road. Then she would continue flying down the hill so fast that she would have to go past the bus to stop and then circle back.

"Every day she came through the door of that bus, she had a smile on her face.” <snip>

<snip>
Bryan Smith, 13, shared about how Placker and Whitaker never caused trouble. "Taylor was the smartest in the whole class,” he said. "And I remember Skyla was always laughing and always had a smile on her face. If you look at her pictures, she always had a smile.” <snip>

http://newsok.com/article/3255838/?pg=1

cloudajo:

That is so sad to read! I can even visualize Taylor running to the bus. Sounds like both girls were happy and enjoyed life.

I would love to have a few minutes alone with the perp and/or perps that so senselessly took their lives. Needless, to say there might not be any need for a trial if that happened though.

But I'll settle for the DP or life behind :behindbar with NO chance of parole.

I agree with the poster and/or posters that the reason it's so quiet from LE is because they don't want to jeopardize what information they have so far and I do believe they have mostly what they need but need further confirmation on a lead or two.

Here's hoping that today an arrest is made!!

I hate having to go to work and not know what is going on with this case during the day!! :boohoo:

cloudajo:

That is so sad to read! I can even visualize Taylor running to the bus. Sounds like both girls were happy and enjoyed life.

I would love to have a few minutes alone with the perp and/or perps that so senselessly took their lives. Needless, to say there might not be any need for a trial if that happened though.

But I'll settle for the DP or life behind :behindbar with NO chance of parole.

Me too!

Not sure if anyone is reading this forum, but there is some interesting posts in between a lot of bickering and nonsense.

Recent post from someone listed as being in Blocker, OK:

"maybe they need to go interview the owners of interstate deisel. Im sure they could tell them alot of things they are looking to find out. maybe the old man on 3rd street should have not taken advantage of his daughter kindness or miss took it for stupidity. maybe ruby jean should step up to the plate and tell what she really knows."

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/weleetka-ok/TOJFJV92HAR4RS395/p50

HFTM forum then did some research on this:
Interstate Diesel
9340 Hornbeam Rd
Henryetta, OK 74437
Owner: Roy Walcher

Then speculating that perhaps "old man on 3rd st" may be Roy Gasaway, who lives with his wife Ruby on 3rd St in Weleetka.

Could be nonsense but it stuck out to me.

Bringing forward a nice recap done by FlowerChild for any new posters.

Shortly after the pair left, Taylor's grandfather and her guardian called Paschal-Placker's cell phone, trying to get them to come back. When the call went unanswered, he went looking for them. About a half mile north of the house, he found both girls on the side of the road.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=56421

The bodies of two young girls shot to death near the small town of Weleetka in Okfuskee County were discovered by the grandfather of one of the girl's, along a dirt road the two best friends used dozens of times to play on and walk to sleepovers, according to grieving family members

To know Taylor was to love her, her grandfather said. She was the big-hearted girl who rescued helpless turtles crawling in the middle of the road and wanted to become a forensic scientist, like on the TV shows, said Peter Placker, who said he raised Taylor like she was his daughter even though he was her biological grandparent.

She was home-schooled until the family moved to Weleetka, located about 70 miles south of Tulsa.
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/oklahom....2.744672.html

Skyla had been spending the night at Taylor's house, and the two had decided to take a walk along the dirt road to the bridge over Bad Creek. It was something both girls had done many times before, and the bridge was only about a quarter of a mile from Taylor's house, where she lived with her grandfather and legal guardian, Peter Placker. When the girls failed to return home in a timely manner, Placker called Taylor's cell phone but got no answer. Mildly concerned by the lack of response, Placker set out on foot to locate the two girls. "He got 200 to 300 yards north of the home and found the girls on the side of the road," OSBI special agent Ben Rosser told Adaeveningnews.com. "Both girls had been shot multiple times. Both girls were dead at the scene. At that time, he (Placker) took a cell phone from one of the girls and made a 9-1-1 telephone call to notify the authorities."
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_...ma-invest.html

Taylor's grandfather found their bodies after his wife got no answer when she called Taylor's cellular phone. The girls were sleeping over at Taylor's house and had decided to take a walk down the desolate road Sunday afternoon.
http://www.legacy.com/Can/Obituaries...onId=111379597

Wednesday, Joe Mosher, Taylor's great uncle, said the family is distraught and not interested in talking to the media.
http://newsok.com/for-slain-weleetka...?tm=1213280045

cloudajo:

Thanks for the topix link!!! I looked for hours last night for this site!! Glad you found it. Although I take most posts with a grain of salt, there are times when some useful information has been posted.

I understand asking the question of the timing of the call, but what is the reason to send them the links to our threads? I know I have had to be gone for the past couple of days, but did something occur that warrants their attention? I don't have time to try to figure this out, so could someone please tell me what is going on?! We don't normally send links to Sheriff's Departments unless we have some definitive proof of something. As I have tried to keep up, I haven't seen any valid reason for them to read well over 100 pages of posts involving speculation and theories here.

NoZ, I think that is a bit misleading tho and also maybe a simple link would suffice instead of an entire page we have seen. :) Especially since Christine asked the OCSD to read through this mess. (I still have no idea why she did tho?! Anyone?!)

I didn't know that we usually don't send LE links to our threads....I always include links to our discussions when communicating with them. I am sorry you seem to disapprove with the way I am handling things. I have no problem with them reading here, I welcome it. That is exactly why we mods/admin work so hard to keep them cleaned up and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500