Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please may we have a forum for this case? Pleeese?
I believe that the girls were going to tell on someone for something criminal, i.e. molestation or other criminal activity.

Taylor wanted to be a forensic scientist and was a member of SWAT thus appeared to be a proactive and responsible member of her community and would go to the authorities or a trusted adult if she had information and the perp knew this and was angry and wanted to silence them.

Good point, gonna tell or already told on someone.

YES, Taylor was headed in the right direction, to be a FINE young lady.
She was definately a "blessing" to those around her in the short time she was here....imo

cloudajo,
That is interesting.
Personally, I don't think a young kid or a teen would shoot the girls as many times as they were shot. Know what I mean? I think a kid would shoot once or twice, get scared and run. I also don't think a kid would have the guts -for lack of a better term--to shoot the girls under the chin, at close range.

Anyone heard anything about forensics besides most won't be ready for weeks?

Has LE revealed how far away the shooter was from the girls? Can someone tell me if they were shot with a handgun or a rifle? TIA

I don't agree...Think about ALL the school shootings.
These kids have come-in to these school class-rooms with the guns blazing....
School had only been out about a week...so this could have been his 1st chance to get "even"....It could definately be a local teen...imo

If the boy who one of the girls got into trouble threatened to kill is the one who ran away, and is the one that "isn't so easy to find" he may not be a young teen. If the parents won't turn him in as a runaway then he could be around age 17, but still considered a minor. If a kid that age hung around the bridge and maybe at school offering drugs, doing drugs and causing trouble he could be a sociopath and capable of shooting someone. Usually those types get into trouble and go on a rampage at the school, but this could be different. This scenario could also account for someone knowing the girls recent habits, possibly even a few phone calls with others who unknowingly told him their plans to go walking. I hope we hear something this week and I hope the NA man is cleared, because I'm also one who wasn't so sure that he did it. I thought he was waiting there for someone to bring something stolen to him that he needed, which could still be possible, and even involving this boy.

This is the thing I have been considering, too, Txsvicki. I also have the feeling the NA man in the drawing may have had nothing to do with it as well.

Good point, gonna tell or already told on someone.

YES, Taylor was headed in the right direction, to be a FINE young lady.
She was definitely a "blessing" to those around her in the short time she was here....imo

Yes, she was. You can tell just by hearing her father speak that he was very proud of Taylor and had every right to be. He seemed very proud that Taylor was interested in forensics. He, after all, is the one that told everyone about what Taylor liked to do and what a wonderful young girl she truly was.

imoo

I don't agree...Think about ALL the school shootings.
These kids have come-in to these school class-rooms with the guns blazing....
School had only been out about a week...so this could have been his 1st chance to get "even"....It could definately be a local teen...imo

School had actually been out about a month. They started the school year early and got out early. I think posters had been posting that they had only recently finished the school year based on their own area. This calendar shows that school was out on May 9.

http://www.graham.k12.ok.us/calendar.htm

If the boy who one of the girls got into trouble threatened to kill is the one who ran away, and is the one that "isn't so easy to find" he may not be a young teen. If the parents won't turn him in as a runaway then he could be around age 17, but still considered a minor. If a kid that age hung around the bridge and maybe at school offering drugs, doing drugs and causing trouble he could be a sociopath and capable of shooting someone. Usually those types get into trouble and go on a rampage at the school, but this could be different. This scenario could also account for someone knowing the girls recent habits, possibly even a few phone calls with others who unknowingly told him their plans to go walking. I hope we hear something this week and I hope the NA man is cleared, because I'm also one who wasn't so sure that he did it. I thought he was waiting there for someone to bring something stolen to him that he needed, which could still be possible, and even involving this boy.

Good morning txsvicki!

Where is this story coming from? Who said that she got a boy in trouble? Was it recently? What trouble did the boy get into?

Surely if that was true LE would have gone to him first thing, I would think.

thanks

They are relatively certain he was involved in some way. It is possible there is more than one person, but the witnesses didn't get a clear description or perhaps see them at all. The NA man is going to be the key to solving this case. They need more information out to the public...such as narrowing down the year of the vehicle, the size of the boot print, and other things they do know as fact. It doesn't surprise me they haven't found him because of the many men who fit the same description in Oklahoma. People need more information.

This is the thing I have been considering, too, Txsvicki. I also have the feeling the NA man in the drawing may have had nothing to do with it as well.

Why do you think that Clay? Even the police right now are still pursuing leads on this person.

I think he is very much real and deeply involved or OSBI would come out and state not to look for him anymore because they have found he was not a part of the murders.

imo

School had actually been out about a month. They started the school year early and got out early. I think posters had been posting that they had only recently finished the school year based on their own area. This calendar shows that school was out on May 9.

http://www.graham.k12.ok.us/calendar.htm
Again, the calendar could be wrong. They had several snow days to make up for the ice storms.

However, I don't really think it matters when they let school out. I don't believe a child was the killer and neither do LE. They are looking for a NA male who most likely had nothing to do with school.

They are relatively certain he was involved in some way. It is possible there is more than one person, but the witnesses didn't get a clear description or perhaps see them at all. The NA man is going to be the key to solving this case. They need more information out to the public...such as narrowing down the year of the vehicle, the size of the boot print, and other things they do know as fact. It doesn't surprise me they haven't found him because of the many men who fit the same description in Oklahoma. People need more information.

Yes, they do, SS. It seems that no other witness has come forward stating they saw any other suspcious person on the road that day. By all accounts he was alone.

I am hoping upon hope that they did the forensics they should have done. I was little taken aback when the officer was talking about the boot print and tire prints. He said they photographed them. Surely they made cast impressions right away before the rains came?

imoo

I am not certain we need a forum yet. So far, we have few facts and lots of speculation. (To my knowledge, WS doesn't have "intuition" threads either as we try to stay away from those things.)

Ocean, it is possible because of the makeup of the road itself that casting wasn't possible. The dirt road might not have supported the mixture to bring out the detail. They can tell as much from clear photographs so this part doesn't worry me.

Ocean, it is possible because of the makeup of the road itself that casting wasn't possible. The dirt road might not have supported the mixture to bring out the detail. They can tell as much from clear photographs so this part doesn't worry me.

They have become so high tech today they can retrieve almost any impression. They use to use heavy thick plaster that worked better if the impression had some depth to it but now that they use a latex thin material they don't need the impression to be a certain way. It will pick up the most minute detail. Much clearer than a photograph.

imoo

If the dirt on the road is mere dust...it won't stand up to casting even with the latex. With photographs, they can make overlays of the impressions to create a comparison method. They use this technique for many things and it is effective.

If the dirt on the road is mere dust...it won't stand up to casting even with the latex. With photographs, they can make overlays of the impressions to create a comparison method. They use this technique for many things and it is effective.

I respect your opinion but I disagree on this one. Impression casting can be made on soil just like what is on this road.

LE takes shoe and tire impressions often on dirt roads just like this one.

And yes, they will photograph the prints also.

Hopefully they have done both because there are times that the photographs are unclear and we know it rained and then the road was scraped shortly thereafter.

Comment posted on Youtube:
"I have family that live fairly close to Waleetka and "rumors" are that one of the girls told on a boy at school for drugs and he openly told her he would kill her 2 wks before this happen. The police went to talk to him and he had suddenly "ran away" from home and cant be located according to his parents. Its also thought the parents knows he had something to do with this and are helping him hide out because they refuse to report him as a missing person."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p9bGWVgKmuU

which got me to remember and look for this…

June 12th – Lead Agent Rosser
In a news conference Wednesday, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent Ben Rosser said investigators are trying to find children who talked to the girls often and knew their habits.

"We're talking to young people because the victims were young,” Rosser said. "We've got leads, and we're talking to their friends, but a lot of people are harder to find than others

http://newsok.com/article/3256335

If that is true, it would explain Rosser's comment in the article and also explain why the girls didn't run. They knew the killers, yet had no idea what was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member