SL Tribune Article with Steven P. and Susan website created by Josh

The fact that the main family picture is of the "family" outside in the snow is creepy beyond belief, especially since "camping at night" in the middle of a snowy cold night is his "alibi".

He did that on purpose.

I'm sure he (Josh) had help with the PR side of the website. I agree the family picture was choosen carefully and on purpose.

The picture does seem to prove (at least once) that the family went camping, at night, with fire, in the middle of the winter. It looks like the children are well prepared for the cold as well.

Still does not make his alibi a fact.

Rereading this today, something else came to mind:
It is a puzzling assortment of evidence that doesn`t add up. Police find Susan`s car keys, cell phone and purse still in the house. It doesn`t look like she ever left? Joshua claims he took the kids on a camping trip at 12:30 AM on December 7th. He claims he took them to Simpson Springs, which is 100 miles away. There was a snow storm and the next day was a work day too.
http://thesop.org/story/opinion/200...iew-with-josh-powell-is-the-best-evidence.php

Friends have shared that Josh had the only set of van keys and that Susan had to 'sign them out' to use the van. So what set of keys is this article referring to? Was it an extra set of car keys from Susan's car that Josh forced her to sell? Did Josh stage them? Or did Susan make a set of van keys unknown to Josh, which may have been a part of their arguement that night? His discovering she had a copy of the set made? If not, what 'car keys' and whose are they talking about here?

It is a puzzling assortment of evidence that doesn`t add up. Police find Susan`s car keys, cell phone and purse still in the house. It doesn`t look like she ever left? Joshua claims he took the kids on a camping trip at 12:30 AM on December 7th. He claims he took them to Simpson Springs, which is 100 miles away. There was a snow storm and the next day was a work day too.
http://thesop.org/story/opinion/200...iew-with-josh-powell-is-the-best-evidence.php

Friends have shared that Josh had the only set of van keys and that Susan had to 'sign them out' to use the van. So what set of keys is this article referring to? Was it an extra set of car keys from Susan's car that Josh forced her to sell? Did Josh stage them? Or did Susan make a set of van keys unknown to Josh, which may have been a part of their arguement that night? His discovering she had a copy of the set made? If not, what 'car keys' and whose are they talking about here?

I don't think we can take every word the media posts as fact. Someone just added the word "car" to the set of keys, assuming Susan had her own car, I suspect. Susan and Josh owned a van, as we all know, and if this reporter was being intricately accurate with their details, and there were actually vehicle keys on that set, they would have referred to them as van keys. Having car keys on a key ring when a person doesn't own a car, if in fact there were car keys, could mean a lot of things. I simply think this was an assumption on the part of the author as a set of keys is rarely referred to as "house keys".

Good catch.

I'm sure he (Josh) had help with the PR side of the website. I agree the family picture was choosen carefully and on purpose.

The picture does seem to prove (at least once) that the family went camping, at night, with fire, in the middle of the winter. It looks like the children are well prepared for the cold as well.

Still does not make his alibi a fact.[/QUOTE

If you go along the lines it was not photo shopped then all it really proves is Susan and family were out in the snow at night.

I don't think we can take every word the media posts as fact. Someone just added the word "car" to the set of keys, assuming Susan had her own car, I suspect. Susan and Josh owned a van, as we all know, and if this reporter was being intricately accurate with their details, and there were actually vehicle keys on that set, they would have referred to them as van keys. Having car keys on a key ring when a person doesn't own a car, if in fact there were car keys, could mean a lot of things. I simply think this was an assumption on the part of the author as a set of keys is rarely referred to as "house keys".

I see what your saying and don't disagree, but didn't Susan's dad say that the police told him the same thing? House empty, two fans blowing on a wet spot on the LR floor, her purse, car keys and cell phone still in the house? I remember reading that, but it was early on in this case. Its buried in one of these threads.

Edit to add, Josh may have had a second set of van keys unbeknownst to Susan, hidden somewhere, that she may have found. Or that Josh staged. Just a thought.

(bbm)
So right! The media very often gets the true facts of the story wrong. I just read yesterday a new article that stated Josh returned home from his *camping trip* and his wife's purse was on the bed and her car was still in the garage.

Obviously, since Susan did NOT have a car, her car was NOT in the garage.

I would guess the media has a 50% accuracy rate, at best. Waaay too often they have the facts just plain wrong. :mad:

imho

(bbm)
So right! The media very often gets the true facts of the story wrong. I just read yesterday a new article that stated Josh returned home from his *camping trip* and his wife's purse was on the bed and her car was still in the garage.

Obviously, since Susan did NOT have a car, her car was NOT in the garage.

I would guess the media has a 50% accuracy rate, at best. Waaay too often they have the facts just plain wrong. :mad:

imho

Wouldn't it be great to be able to see the police report about the scene when they arrived? :dance:

Still does not make his alibi a fact.

(bbm)

According to friends of Susan, Josh, Susan and the boys had been camping a total of 4 times and NEVER in the winter.

IIRC it was reported on WebSleuths a couple days ago -- or the same day the discussion began about the LYING PR Site, "SusanPowell.org."

The consensus of opinion from all experienced digital photographers is that the family photo in the snow by the flaming fire was absolutely FAKED via someone's pretty poor example of photo-shopping skills.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to see the police report about the scene when they arrived? :dance:

It sure would! Unfortunately for our curiosity, we'll have to wait for the trial.

I don't expect ANY information coming out from the West Valley City LE. I think those cops want to nail Josh soooo badly they won't jeopardize leaking one speck of information which might damage their case against the miserable, cowardly wife-murderer.

I'll gladly stay curious for the sake of a successful trial which will lock up Josh and whomever forever. Only then will Charlie and Braden have a chance for a happy, healthy life.

I think it was referring to Steven Koecher's mother, not Steve Powell.

Thank you, TallCoolOne!

DUH! :blushing: _ I guess I better buy stronger glasses -- or perhaps attempt to utilize a few more of my remaining old brain cells.

I'm afraid I have sort of started thinking of Joshua and Steven Powell as almost one and the same.

Obviously I should have known Pickie was talking about Steven Koecher's mom and not referring at all to Steven Powell -- and certainly not HIS mother.

Thanks again for helping me see my embarrassing and glaring error! :doh:

This statement on Josh Powell's Susan Powell web site: http://susanpowell.org really makes me SICK!

"Susan never held back when it came to purchases at the beauty supply. Of course, Josh has always been happy to support Susan's efforts in any way he could. Josh suggested that she turn it into a real business and he offered to teach her accounting basics. Josh is a Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor and has a degree in Business Administration."
http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Susan_Powell/SusanCosmetologist.aspx

(bbm)

According to friends of Susan, Josh, Susan and the boys had been camping a total of 4 times and NEVER in the winter.

IIRC it was reported on WebSleuths a couple days ago -- or the same day the discussion began about the LYING PR Site, "SusanPowell.org."

The consensus of opinion from all experienced digital photographers is that the family photo in the snow by the flaming fire was absolutely FAKED via someone's pretty poor example of photo-shopping skills.

Powell told police he slept in a van with the boys in Utah's west desert. Police say he returned home Monday evening. They haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the spot where he said he went.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13990309

bbm This is Joshy's idea of camping. The photo appears fake, he never made a campfire anymore, than he went camping.

This website the Powells have put out is great. The police can use any information on it to prove Josh is a liar or the person who is actually making it is a liar. It is always good in a trial when you can prove a witness is a liar. I look forward to more pages and lies and maybe a slip.

<< respectfully snipped >>

Hold onto your seat, it gets better. Heres what someone had the audacity to say about 'good old' Wayne Hamberg:
Good friends like Wayne are hard to come by. I don't think that Wayne has anything but goodness in his heart, and sees that this person has not a friend on earth, so he is taking that role. Good for Wayne. He probably suspects with the same reasonableness that most folks have that the evidence points towards his friend, but he's willing to just be a shelter and a safe haven for this person. I don't have a problem with that, and with understanding that the police and others have a role to perform, and this is a role that he has chosen. It's very Christian behavior.​

That person made that comment about Hamberg on December 19th.

Fortunately, a lot has changed about people's attitudes re: the story of Susan's disappearance since then.

How many of Susan's ward members and neighbors would still be graciously helping Josh if he was moving out of his Utah house TODAY?

Who is still defending Josh OR Wayne Hamberg?

I think Joshua, et al. are becoming more despised pariahs as each day passes ... rightfully so, IMO!

Powell told police he slept in a van with the boys in Utah's west desert. Police say he returned home Monday evening. They haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the spot where he said he went.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13990309

bbm This is Joshy's idea of camping. The photo appears fake, he never made a campfire anymore, than he went camping.

What slays me about the snow photo is that Josh thinks it proves something! Lol! He lives in UTAH where there is SNOW! Good grief! Any person who lives in West Valley City has probably gone outside in the snow and stood by a camp or bon fire. Where's the tent? Where are the camp chairs? WHERE ARE THE S'MOURES? Josh enjoys photography! Where are all the photos of Susan and the boys making S'Moures in the dark by a camp fire in the snow?

This website the Powells have put out is great. The police can use any information on it to prove Josh is a liar or the person who is actually making it is a liar. It is always good in a trial when you can prove a witness is a liar. I look forward to more pages and lies and maybe a slip.

(bbm)

Me too, Doc ... but can you even fathom the stooopidity and cocky arrogance of the Site creator? Mind boggling, don't you think? :crazy:

(bbm)

Me too, Doc ... but can you even fathom the stooopidity and cocky arrogance of the Site creator? Mind boggling, don't you think? :crazy:

It appears to me the person who composed the information on the "Susan Hairstylist" page is NOT the same person who wrote the previous pages. Did anyone else notice this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back