Slain Marine's Dad Ordered to Pay Westboro Legal Fees

News this morning reported that the Marine dad says he won't pay, but I can't find a print story about it yet.

I wouldn't pay either. All they'd get from me is the finger.:furious:

I can't type what I REALLY feel cuz Kimsters ray-gun may get me.:croc:

I really have to wonder what it will take to shut down these Westboro freaks once and for all.

Several years ago, the performing arts high school my daughter attended was doing the play "The Laramie Project." This is the play about Matthew Shepard, the young, gay college student who was tortured and left to die in Laramie, WY. The school knew in advance that the Westboro ignoramuses would be there protesting in full force (including young children), but I was afraid to take her to school that day! The students all wore white shirts in solidarity and there was no violence. But it concerned me that my teenaged daughter would be subjected to such extreme hatred. It's difficult to explain that kind of thing to a kid.

I despise those people, but not behind a false cloak of Christianity. I despise everything for which they claim to stand and I pity their children, who are taught to hate from birth and stand little chance of ever learning how to be human and humane.

Shame on them. I will pray for this Marine's father and every other victim of their poisonous hatred.

I would love to personally invite these fools into my hometown.
These people make me sick!

This makes me so ILL! I saw the father today on HLN and my heart just bled and went out to him. I wanted to reach out and help him in some way, but felt helpless!! These Westboro people are hateful, hateful freaks. I can't believe the judges ruled in their favor!!

I apologize in advance that I wasn't listening to the broadcast, but I did have the tv on FOX. :blushing:

Anyway, Bill O'Reilly of FOX is NOT going to let this dad be responsible for one red cent of this bs! I'm not sure if he asked his viewers to donate, but a Dennis Miller segment came on and he (Dennis Miller) told O'Reilly that he'd put his $$ where his mouth is too! regarding this dad. (not exact words, but he said he'd help whatever it took)

Even though the dad is taking it to the Supreme Court, which will take more $$$$$$$$$$s...............they'll (O'Reilly and Miller) see that the dad doesn't have to pay anything.

Seriously,.................he's covered!

JMHO
fran

PS....I'm with you all, this is outrageous! pffft

This hate filled "church" was supposed to show up last weekend in our town as the high school was putting on The Laramie Project. Kids at the school decided to put together a "Lovefest" in counter action to the WBC. I looked up Westboro Baptist Church online and I swear I wanted to wash my computer down after going into their website - they hate EVERYONE it seems. They stand and protest over just about everything- but the most contemptable is when they show up at service people's funerals- how low can one go? They ended up being no-shows at the high school. But it bothered me all weekend long that there are people filled with such hate that exist out there. Supposedly most of the "church" are members of the Phelps family and they fund themselves through all these lawsuits. Fred Phelps and his daughter both went to law school so they know all the tricks in the book. Lay a finger on them and bam, lawsuit. Horrid, awful "people."

These people think they are Christians??? (hate cult?)
Protest elsewhereyou miserable people!
There is a time and place.
Military should be at every soldiers funeral and keep these people away from the privacy of the grieving parents!
I believe in freedom of speech, but this is not right!!!!

These people think they are Christians??? (hate cult?)
Protest elsewhereyou miserable people!
There is a time and place.
Military should be at every soldiers funeral and keep these people away from the privacy of the grieving parents!
I believe in freedom of speech, but this is not right!!!!
Apparently, they don't even call themselves Christians. :waitasec: They say they are "Tachmonites," and Fred is the head, and he has the power to send people to Hell, and so does his family... or something. :crazy:

Google - Tachmonite phelps - if you want more bizarre details of their "religion."

Why they call their church "Baptist," I have no clue - they're in direct opposition on major issues.

Such a revolting group of people.

You know what goes around comes around. I wonder how the people that voted that the father had to pay for their appeal would feel if this hate group showed up at one of their loved ones funerals? Really free speech doesn't exist in this Country anymore so I wonder why this hate group is allowed to continue?

I saw a segment of Bill O'Reilly tonite where he was discussing this case with Megan Kelly. It appears it's normal procedure for the winning side to request their legal fees be covered. The loser has an opportunity to appeal. The family did appeal the judgement to pay expenses, but the dad's papers were filed past the deadline. IMO, that's most likely the reason he was ordered to pay.

Something that really got me though, was the dad stated his reason for not wanting to pay as he only made $42K a year and it would put a hardship on him to pay this $16K.

OMG! The plantiff's response to the court was, 'he's entitled to his son's death benefits from the military.':furious:

I'm speechless.

:(
fran

I apologize in advance that I wasn't listening to the broadcast, but I did have the tv on FOX. :blushing:

Anyway, Bill O'Reilly of FOX is NOT going to let this dad be responsible for one red cent of this bs! I'm not sure if he asked his viewers to donate, but a Dennis Miller segment came on and he (Dennis Miller) told O'Reilly that he'd put his $$ where his mouth is too! regarding this dad. (not exact words, but he said he'd help whatever it took)

Even though the dad is taking it to the Supreme Court, which will take more $$$$$$$$$$s...............they'll (O'Reilly and Miller) see that the dad doesn't have to pay anything.

Seriously,.................he's covered!

JMHO
fran

PS....I'm with you all, this is outrageous! pffft
This is indeed encouraging news fran. It's just beyond a shame that it has even gotten this far. I hate to see this group of haters chalk up any 'wins' on their side. I just cannot understand how they can preach hatred in the name of God. What part of this don't they understand?

Auggghhhh!!!!!! I have to quit now before I say something that will get me banned for life. This just chaps my azz. Bunchoffreakin'hatemongers anyway!!!

For informational purposes and respect for the families this is a organization I've been made aware of in the last six months, I hope it's ok post the info here.

Patriot Guard Riders
Standing For Those Who Stood For US

A recent announcement from the Patriot Guard about this case

Supreme Court Challenge - Friday, April 02, 2010
The Supreme Court review of the Snyder case is a very active and passionate issue right now.

This is a very important topic for us; as an organization and individuals. Shielding our families from protests is at the very core of our mission. Free speech is also an integral part of this judicial action, and an essential liberty protected by our U.S. Constitution. Something that every military members swears to uphold. It's also true that many are concerned about any limits being placed upon free speech, lest we lose the right to express our own.

The Patriot Guard Riders does not lobby for any legislative or judicial purpose. Although our mission and purpose is to honor and shield our Fallen Heroes; the courts will determine the law, and we will continue to honor and respect our heroes.

Protest groups have no place in our forums; "they" appreciate any reference and exposure to their group and we should not assist them in that goal.

The current court costs for the Snyder family are reportedly covered. There are many places online to express your support as an individual if you choose, including www.MatthewSnyder.org. We will all continue to follow this court action and changes. We will continue to honor, respect, and shield our heroes and their families within our mission statement whatever ruling is made. We are there for the families and heroes.

http://www.patriotguard.org/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back