Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[modsnip]. IMO, they are understating the horrific circumstances surrounding Cooper's murder until the trial.

Ross' story IS full of holes and the statement made by LE regarding not being able to confirm that Cooper was in the car at 9 a.m. was likely because on June 25, when the statement was made, LE was waiting for forensics to evaluate the crime scene. Like any reasonable resource, they are waiting for more evidence before categorically stating "X happened at Y because of Z".

Also, Cooper's state of decomp may have been to the point where it caused investigators to believe he had been dead for longer than originally assumed. I will admit, I first thought Cooper was dead before he was ever strapped into that seat.

Sadly, it appears he suffered a more horrific death. I cannot even fathom the panic and pain.

IMO, and in some other people's opinions (from what I have read), the amount of time spent at the hearing on the sexting was blown out of proportion...along with the testimony and time spent on how RH reacted at the scene. I think they were trying to give life to Dana Pierce's comments. There are a lot more pieces of information that could have been obtained if they would have focused on things other than the sexting--i.e., specific timeframes for calls, content of messages that didn't involve sexts, more information about what the cameras showed when RH returned to his car after work, just to name a few things.

Due to my settings, I don't know who is questioning the downgrade of the charges again, but whomever said the reason wasn't disclosed is mistaken or didn't bother watching the PCH.

Anyway, Cinnamon, I saw that you were going to go back and re-watch the hearing to try to find the reason for the downgrade, so I wanted to save you the trouble :blowkiss:

There was talk about the child cruelty charges in the bond hearing with the defense attorney questioning detective Stoddard about downgrading the cruelty charges. Around 1:05:00 in the video http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_of...video-archive/

TY, Lovejac! :loveyou:

RH is guilty of child neglect whether intentional or not. If you've got your head so far up your tail that you can't take care of a baby you are guilty of neglect and should be punished. This little boy lost his life and Cooper did not deserve the horrific death that he suffered. I have zero sympathy or concern for RH.

<mod snip>

I found this, and don't know if this section has been updated, but:

O.C.G.A. 16-2-2 (2010)
16-2-2. Effect of misfortune or accident on guilt
A person shall not be found guilty of any crime committed by misfortune or accident where it satisfactorily appears there was no criminal scheme or undertaking, intention, or criminal negligence.

When I see comments like the one you've made about your lack of sympathy or concern for RH, I think about what Leanna said at the funeral service. I don't have the exact words (you can find them easy enough on this site), but she said something to the effect that she wouldn't want to bring Cooper back. When you think about the general outpouring of hatred for her and her husband at a time of their great loss, maybe she meant that she wanted to protect Cooper from ever having to experiencing this himself when he grew older. All people start out as babies and small children and we all love them--but then they grow up, just like baby RH did, and all consideration of compassion goes out the window. Disclaimer: I did not talk to LH, RH, LE, or RH's lawyer about this--it is solely from my own brain and I have no links.

...I found this, and don't know if this section has been updated, but:
O.C.G.A. 16-2-2 (2010)
A person shall not be found guilty of any crime committed by misfortune or accident where it satisfactorily appears there was no criminal scheme or undertaking, intention, or criminal negligence.....
SBM

Not sure about meaning of your further comments after the quoted statute.
Are you saying under this statute, you believe Ross should be found not guilty of the crime charged, or maybe not even prosecuted to begin with?
Or something else?

Thx in adv.

SBM

Not sure about meaning of your further comments after the quoted statute.
Are you saying under this statute, you believe Ross should be found not guilty of the crime charged, or maybe not even prosecuted to begin with?
Or something else?

Thx in adv.

Statute was in response was to MissJ who says: "RH is guilty of child neglect whether intentional or not."

I guess I like to live in a fantasy world--the one where citizens are innocent until proven guilty--that's the driver for most of my comments. From the sound of it, the statue would "save" RH from criminal prosecution if the Grand Jury, or a trial jury, were convinced he actually did "forget".

I can't make an informed assessment to answer your questions about whether he should be tried or whether he should be prosecuted. Personally, I don't know enough details to answer some of my questions yet, and at that same time, I don't believe we know enough details to form a guilty verdict. Disclaimer: I did not talk to LH, RH, LE, or RH's lawyer about this--it is solely from my own brain and I have no links.

JRH&#8217;s internet searches related to searching children deaths in hot cars, child-free sites and how to survive in prison are interesting details and could possibly go to his state of mind imo. The timing and context of the searches are important of course, but assume JRH did search how to survive prison because of some illegal activity he was into or about to be engaged in (underage relations and/or murdering his child or something else entirely). If that were true, he would really rather be in jail than living the life he had with LH, Cooper, job, car, of age extramarital internet relations etc.? It might show JRH wanted an entirely different life, but couldn&#8217;t act on it (ie against religious teachings or illegal), and he would rather risk it and go to prison.

And sexting 6 women at work throughout one work day&#8230;is it addiction, disregard for employment rules or over the top behavior, like he&#8217;s trying too much to prove something, or potentially just passive-aggressive/narcissistic behavior to hurt his wife, if JRH is one, idk. Regardless, sexting is not proper behavior at work and shows at minimum, deception, lack of/ or &#8220;above&#8221; work responsibilities and work ethic. Worst case- something more nefarious. It may speak to his character, state of mind and activities/timeline during the day, acts that I do not think he divulged to LE. Also, the poster(s) here that opined maybe JRH didn&#8217;t think that LE would delve too much into details or hold him right away, hence the internet trail of searches make good points. just speculating.

No screen shots, guys. You can post a link and direct others to look at it, but no screen shots.

Thanks,

Salem

Statute was in response was to MissJ who says: "RH is guilty of child neglect whether intentional or not."
I guess I like to live in a fantasy world--the one where citizens are innocent until proven guilty--that's the driver for most of my comments. From the sound of it, the statue would "save" RH from criminal prosecution if the Grand Jury, or a trial jury, were convinced he actually did "forget"....
I don't believe we know enough details to form a guilty verdict. Disclaimer: I did not talk to LH, RH, LE, or RH's lawyer about this--it is solely from my own brain and I have no links.
. SBM

Okay, I better understand your thinking now. Thx for responding.

Some here following the case since day one, feel certain Ross is guilty as charged. Others just as certain he's innocent.
Maybe a few base their opn's on one factor only.

Some of us, w current info we have & our interp's of various factors,
and balancing the incriminating evd as a whole vs excupatory evd as a whole, we tend to believe Ross is guilty.
Perhaps some bombshell at trial would sway these beliefs and if we were sitting on jury, would vote him not guilty.

I respect your thoughts that we don't know enough to return a guilty verdict. Thx again.

Like it or not child neglect is child neglect. RH caused the death of his child. I don't owe anyone the answer to a question of whether or not I am an attorney.
Look at the ACTUAL charges. It is appropriate for Georgia's law.

Like it or not child neglect is child neglect. RH caused the death of his child. I don't owe anyone the answer to a question of whether or not I am an attorney.
Look at the ACTUAL charges. It is appropriate for Georgia's law.

right on sista!:loveyou::yourock:

IMO, and in some other people's opinions (from what I have read), the amount of time spent at the hearing on the sexting was blown out of proportion...along with the testimony and time spent on how RH reacted at the scene. I think they were trying to give life to Dana Pierce's comments. There are a lot more pieces of information that could have been obtained if they would have focused on things other than the sexting--i.e., specific timeframes for calls, content of messages that didn't involve sexts, more information about what the cameras showed when RH returned to his car after work, just to name a few things.

I agree with what you're saying about too much time spent on the texting, but then after thinking about it, people thought Ross was a squeaky clean, goody two shoes. Look how people had been supporting him, even online that didn't know him. Then BAM !!!!!!!!!!
Everything changed then, even his life long friends came out and said, this is not who I thought I knew. The donations and websites dried up. I decided for myself, that was the reason. Maybe they even thought if LH didn't know about all that, it could have caused her to flip. But looking at her when hearing it, she had to know. There was no surprise, no OMG what was my husband doing. She knew, and she was in on the murder, beforehand.
I hope at the trial, it takes a lesser part, and the suffering of Cooper takes the major role. That is what RH needs to be tried for.
All MOO.

Okay so I will try this one more time since apparently I'm an idiot and didn't realize I couldn't post screenshots! Sorry Mods!!

Anyway, I have been creeping Cooper's threads on websleuths since about 5 days after the case and I have just been playing catch up spending my days at work reading until now (I've been almost as good of an employee as Justin Ross Harris!). So to add in :moo: I have to say first off, that you are all brilliant and should probably be considered honorary LE.

Second, I think JRH's Reddit account is very interesting. He constantly refers to himself as law enforcement, never dispatcher...always LE. and he uses his "LE expertise" to essentially advise people on how to avoid a crime.

My opinion is he premeditated the murder of poor Cooper. Yes, there is such thing as a bad coincidence, and I appreciate the opinions of those standing up for him...but I am confused as to where the line is for people who think he is innocent. I have been genuinely trying to see it from their POV, but I just can't. What more has to come out for these people to see he is a monster? I will never understand the mindset of those who turn a blind eye and claim "innocent until proven guilty" when there is just so much evidence. I feel it is just to be contrary. Especially when the death of an innocent child is at hand. As Cooper's father, JRH had one job: to protect his son. Even if you look at this with rose colored glasses and say it was an "accident"...The winner remembered to stuff his chubby face with ChikFila, he remembered to grab his phone to cheat on his wife with, remembered to stuff his face again with his friends and to make plans to see a movie.... he remembered the lightbulbs for his wife's vanity for god's sake...EVEN if after remembering all of this, he truly still somehow managed to go 7 hours without thinking about his sweet child, he should be guilty as charged regardless. No other details matter. The only one that matters is Cooper is dead and JRH is responsible. If your child dies because of your negligence, you should be held to the fullest responsibility. "Accident" or not. I hate that there is even a single excuse on his behalf. /rant.

Ironic Reddit post: http://www.red dit.com/r/Atlanta/comments/21f0mz/laptop_stolen_near_philips_arena/cgcoxfx?context=3

Are you a lawyer, MissJ?

I found this, and don't know if this section has been updated, but:

O.C.G.A. 16-2-2 (2010)
A person shall not be found guilty of any crime committed by misfortune or accident where it satisfactorily appears there was no criminal scheme or undertaking, intention, or criminal negligence.

When I see comments like the one you've made about your lack of sympathy or concern for RH, I think about what Leanna said at the funeral service. I don't have the exact words (you can find them easy enough on this site), but she said something to the effect that she wouldn't want to bring Cooper back. When you think about the general outpouring of hatred for her and her husband at a time of their great loss, maybe she meant that she wanted to protect Cooper from ever having to experiencing this himself when he grew older. All people start out as babies and small children and we all love them--but then they grow up, just like baby RH did, and all consideration of compassion goes out the window. Disclaimer: I did not talk to LH, RH, LE, or RH's lawyer about this--it is solely from my own brain and I have no links.

Wow, that's crazy. Thanks for the info.

Okay so I will try this one more time since apparently I'm an idiot and didn't realize I couldn't post screenshots! Sorry Mods!!

Anyway, I have been creeping Cooper's threads on websleuths since about 5 days after the case and I have just been playing catch up spending my days at work reading until now (I've been almost as good of an employee as Justin Ross Harris!). So to add in :moo: I have to say first off, that you are all brilliant and should probably be considered honorary LE.

Second, I think JRH's Reddit account is very interesting. He constantly refers to himself as law enforcement, never dispatcher...always LE. and he uses his "LE expertise" to essentially advise people on how to avoid a crime.

My opinion is he premeditated the murder of poor Cooper. Yes, there is such thing as a bad coincidence, and I appreciate the opinions of those standing up for him...but I am confused as to where the line is for people who think he is innocent. I have been genuinely trying to see it from their POV, but I just can't. What more has to come out for these people to see he is a monster? I will never understand the mindset of those who turn a blind eye and claim "innocent until proven guilty" when there is just so much evidence. I feel it is just to be contrary. Especially when the death of an innocent child is at hand. As Cooper's father, JRH had one job: to protect his son. Even if you look at this with rose colored glasses and say it was an "accident"...The winner remembered to stuff his chubby face with ChikFila, he remembered to grab his phone to cheat on his wife with, remembered to stuff his face again with his friends and to make plans to see a movie.... he remembered the lightbulbs for his wife's vanity for god's sake...EVEN if after remembering all of this, he truly still somehow managed to go 7 hours without thinking about his sweet child, he should be guilty as charged regardless. No other details matter. The only one that matters is Cooper is dead and JRH is responsible. If your child dies because of your negligence, you should be held to the fullest responsibility. "Accident" or not. I hate that there is even a single excuse on his behalf. /rant.

Ironic Reddit post: http://www.***********/r/Atlanta/comments/21f0mz/laptop_stolen_near_philips_arena/cgcoxfx?context=3

Thank you and welcome.

My not-so-small detail is this:

It's summer here with the current temp of 86. My dark colored vehicle is parked outside in an uncovered lot while I'm in the office all day. When my work day is finished around 4:30 PM, I go outside, throw my briefcase in and hop in my car, the FIRST thing I do is zip down all the windows because it is so ungodly hot. If my son has left his ball gear to bake in the back end, it smells. Badly.

For RH to not to notice the heat or stench of his deceased child would be utterly impossible. Even if he somehow truly forgot the little boy in the morning (something I very much doubt), he knew the moment he got into the car after work, if not at lunchtime.

I took my great nephew out today to run errands about 10 and changed his diaper around 2. I put it in a bag and threw it away(i thought) at about 6 after going in and out of all the stores and windows being rolled up we kept smelling something god awful my 13 yr old was threatening to hang her head out the window . When i cleaned out the car after i took him home i found the diaper in the bag still in the car(threw away the wrong bag) and within 4 hours of a 14 month old #2 diaper we all wanted to set fire to the car because of the smell. JH can't tell me he smelled nothing.I smoke (not around the kids) so that has an effect on my smelling and it was HORRIBLE .Even after cleaning the car and spraying with febreeze you can smell it.My husband thought maybe a mouse had got in the ac or heater and was smelling it was so bad.After today i no longer give that story any credence at all.

Have you ever "lost" a grocery item in your car? Your nose leads you to it very quickly.

The smell, and the fact that Harris never bothered to check it out before driving away, is another "small detail" that is going to bite him in the arse. The only reason to not investigate a horrible smell in your (general) car immediately is because you already know what the smell is.

MOO

The smell, and the fact that Harris never bothered to check it out before driving away, is another "small detail" that is going to bite him in the arse. The only reason to not investigate a horrible smell in your (general) car immediately is because you already know what the smell is.

MOO

JMO and even if the car didn't smell of death at lunchtime, the urine and/or feces would have reeked at that time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member