Sniff tests, hair decomp, really so conclusive? Fence sitters thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! But seriously, I wouldn't rule out drugs or a breakdown of some kind. That's only speculation of course.

Even with drugs she wouldn't be confused a month later about what she would have done with her child. And with a "breakdown" of some sort she wouldn't have been out partying. JMHO What do you think probably really happened?

Question about decomp------

I know the breakdown of a body starts almost immediately after death.
If it takes around 12 hours for a human body to be cool to the touch and takes almost a full month for adipocere to begin to appear, just what could they be testing as far as the 'stain' on the trunk's carpet?

thanks for the info

And then years later they discovered about "chimerism", and how a person can have more than one DNA makeup within their body, meaning that some convictions based on DNA evidence have been wrong.

Yes, but that's SO rare, I don't think it comes up too often. Thankfully.

That's why LE tries to gather as much evidence as they can so a jury doesn't have to rely on any SINGLE piece of evidence to come to a conclusion.

If an overwhelming amount evidence or even circumstantial evidence STILL will point to a person's guilt.... they have to be willing to stop thinking it's ALL just some terrible coincidence & the evidence is solid.

I mean.... can't a defense attorney ALWAYS come up with some far fetched scenario that can POSSIBLY be true....... you know a one in a trillion possibility but still technically possible?

I think this case is going to be fascinating when we hear ALL the evidence LE has AND when we finally get to hear the defense's case.

I admire your temerity, Librarian_Mama. Keep fighting the good fight, and thanks for the laughs! Me: I can't take it anymore, so I'll bid you all goodnight...

You're welcome! Have a great night.

One expert on Headline News said if hair just gets into the trunk innocently (like off a toy, coat, blanket or whatever) it will show the same signs of decomposition as hair that was attached to a dead body while decomposing and then fell off.

Also, if the sample was so degraded they couldn't get long DNA sequences but only short fragments, they said they might have had to use mitochondrial DNA, and that is identical in the mother or daughter so it could just as easily have been Casey's hair, if that is the case.

At first some of the DNA information was vague but it was very clear today when the guy from the sheriff's dept said DNA was linked to Caylee and it was from a dead Caylee.

I admire that a few are still holding onto faith that Caylee may still be alive, but……

I also feel that a few that are arguing/stating opinions that Caylee may still be alive and in the same post say that Casey may not be at fault or support her, verges on soiling the memory of a beautiful innocent baby girl.

She's had since July 15th to recover from whatever drugs caused her to lie and mislead LE. You're suggesting some sort of brain damage as her excuse for all the lies. Also, can you provide us with some examples of other cases where drugs have caused continuous lying?

I'm sorry I don't have any links for you about drug addictions and lying/stealing, but I think most people will tell you in their experience that lying and stealing are frequent results of drug addiction. Again, I don't know that Casey ever used drugs. Her friends said only occasional marijuana use and not to the point of much intoxication, and no other drugs. I think one guy who didn't seem to know her as well (not one of the ones she'd lived with or anything) said he thought it was possible she could have used other drugs just because of the club scene. Again, my opinion only and I don't know if she was ever a drug user.

One expert on Headline News said if hair just gets into the trunk innocently (like off a toy, coat, blanket or whatever) it will show the same signs of decomposition as hair that was attached to a dead body while decomposing and then fell off.

Also, if the sample was so degraded they couldn't get long DNA sequences but only short fragments, they said they might have had to use mitochondrial DNA, and that is identical in the mother or daughter so it could just as easily have been Casey's hair, if that is the case.

Oh, OK...LE and the FBI are gathering information from HNN? Did LE say that the sample was degraded? Did they verify use of mito DNA?

I knew all along it was Casey in the trunk.

I keep hoping against hope. I want Caylee to be alive, but the evidence is mounting. I just keep going back to the fact she didn't report her missing for weeks! As the mom of two kiddos....I would have been on the phone with 911 as soon as I couldn't find her. CA seems to be lacking the maternal instinct. I just keep asking WHY didn't she report her missing!??

If and Might? Who said the sample was degraded? All I am saying is that there is so much evidence that she was dead in the trunk and no evidence that she wasn't. Instead of attacking scientific proof, perhaps they should produce some of their own. As a matter a fact, we would not even be having this conversation if they would just produce a live Caylee.

Honestly it doesn't sound like your arguement makes any sense. You don't sound as if you want to reasonable about it at all. You seem to me that you would not believe any scientific evidence that this child is dead. So basically short of a dead body you will believe this child is alive. And that is fine with me. However perhaps you should say that in you post so other will not waste their time trying to reason with you. If you choose to fly in the face of reason with blind baseless faith.... be my guest.

Sometimes I think that even if we had poor Caylee's body recovered and video of Casey killing her that some people will never believe it. I just thought they were all Anthony's.

I'm sorry I don't have any links for you about drug addictions and lying/stealing, but I think most people will tell you in their experience that lying and stealing are frequent results of drug addiction. Again, I don't know that Casey ever used drugs. Her friends said only occasional marijuana use and not to the point of much intoxication, and no other drugs. I think one guy who didn't seem to know her as well (not one of the ones she'd lived with or anything) said he thought it was possible she could have used other drugs just because of the club scene. Again, my opinion only and I don't know if she was ever a drug user.

Yes, I'm sure lying and stealing are common in drug users. You are making the point that Casey has had some sort of drug reaction/"nervous breakdown" combo and that explains her not reporting the "kidnapping" for a month; her lack of knowledge of her nanny's phone number, address, wherabouts; lies about every single thing that pertains to the only thing LE cares about: Where is Caylee?

So, if you are not actually making that point, what IS your point?

I admire your temerity, Librarian_Mama. Keep fighting the good fight, and thanks for the laughs! Me: I can't take it anymore, so I'll bid you all goodnight...

Just a reminder, this is the thread for people who want to discuss all the other theories of what may have happened, not only the theory that Caylee is dead. (Even granted that that is one possibility.) The problem with most boards on this case is that there are people who want to prevent anyone discussing the other possibilities. So that's what this thread is for. For anyone who isn't interested in the other theories (other than Caylee is dead and Casey is guilty), there are a whole bunch of other threads here you can use.

Have a great night and thanks for the great information everyone.

This thread needs a name change. The Big Casey Debate. Seagull have they changed your mind at all?

too late for that!!!!

ITA!

No matter what happens as far as Caylee goes, Casey's life is pretty much destroyed by now.

So far she's facing 17 years in jail & I don't think the prosecution will show her ANY leniency for these charges.... not after the way she lied to LE and the Feds!

I'd love to hear that Lee is finally able to get through to her & make her understand that she should do everything she can to make it easier on herself. I just don't see a jury showing her any mercy if she goes with some crazy story about how some nanny/kidnapper/friend took Caylee.

Just a reminder, this is the thread for people who want to discuss all the other theories of what may have happened, not only the theory that Caylee is dead. (Even granted that that is one possibility.) The problem with most boards on this case is that there are people who want to prevent anyone discussing the other possibilities. So that's what this thread is for. For anyone who isn't interested in the other theories (other than Caylee is dead and Casey is guilty), there are a whole bunch of other threads here you can use.

Nobody has prevented anyone else from discussing anything, actually. A discussion of theories involves an exchange of ideas. I think what you're looking for is agreement with your opinions.

I, too, must call it a night~everyone have a great one!

Ooops! Guilty as charged.... I hijacked your thread. Sorry 'bout that, Seagull.

Sleep well. :)

Nobody has prevented anyone else from discussing anything, actually. A discussion of theories involves an exchange of ideas. I think what you're looking for is agreement with your opinions.

I, too, must call it a night~everyone have a great one!

I think the thread was for those on the fence. I think your mind is already made up. Most seemed to just want to convince others to believe what they believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member