So why doesn't Governor Ownes appoint a special prosecutor?

"So, say by some miracle, they do appoint a special prosecutor and this new group decides to bring charges against John Ramsey.

Do you think (and I'm asking because I'm truly curious) that a case could be made and presented to a jury *beyond a reasonable doubt*?"

That would be the big question, wouldn't it?

Maybe we'd get lucky and the special prosecutor would offer a plea.

I've never made any bones about it: if I were on that jury, I'd vote to convict. I don't apologize for it. But you'd need a GOOD prosecutor with the full power of the law on their side.

There's no Statute of Limitations for murder anywhere, as far as I know, but would witnesses say about details that they just don't remember? Plus, a few have passed on.

The real reason for the bungling from Day One, whatever that reason may really be, probably not just shorthanded because of Christmas, because French didn't unlatch that door, etc., etc. at the house, may also be the reason the governor doesn't go into it all.

What might be exposed that's too big to handle?

"What might be exposed that's too big to handle?"

And is it more important than finding justice for a little girl? That's what I want to know.

SuperDave said:
"What might be exposed that's too big to handle?"And is it more important than finding justice for a little girl? That's what I want to know.

I don't know what there might be that's too big for politicians to handle. I asked you first, remember.

"Is it more important than finding justice for a little girl?" Not to me,and I didn't say anything like that, but everyone's talking about DA's dragging their feet, Alex Hunter, Mary Lacey, etc. Anyone else in their job would probably be the same, but why? (I know, Pedro says never do or say anything you don't absolutely have to, in political office, but why? Justice, especially for a child, should be popular, right?)

"Not to me,and I didn't say anything like that, but everyone's talking about DA's dragging their feet, Alex Hunter, Mary Lacey, etc. Anyone else in their job would probably be the same, but why? (I know, Pedro says never do or say anything you don't absolutely have to, in political office, but why? Justice, especially for a child, should be popular, right?)"

You'd think, wouldn't you? I guess Lacy figured the gov would cut off her allowance if Wood went through with his suit.

There's a thought. Is it maybe the Governor holding things up? And why?
Corruption, I know, but details? Doesn't he hear that people are wondering about him? The buck stops in his office?

Is America just going to let this drop?

And another thing, no matter what search term I use, In-America Kids Beheaded, and like that, all I get is about muslim beheadings. I can't even find out if murderers were caught who've beheaded kids in America and if they turned out to be muslims taking over America.

Some guy calling himself Omega man is championing the black kids victims, but it seems the white ones are forgotten too. I found mentions of three in California and three in Texas, near Brownsville, guess I'll have to go back and click on them. Wanted to just find a list. One in Baltimore, 2 relatives arrested. It wouldn't be to prevent ID, because hands aren't mentioned as having been removed, fingerprints, and there surely aren't many books about this because it's all fairly recent. The notewriter may have heard about it in foreign countries on the news, but I don't think that type would be book reading types, do you? Except for the one doctor, name started with "S".

Then there's Lucas and Toole who allegedly attended a 7-wk "training camp" in Georgia, near Atlanta, which Bin Laden allegedly also attended. Did he introduce beheading there? Were all these killers "alumnae"? Why groups of three? Toole seemed to brag about beheading little Adam Walsh. Was it true or was he another Karr? Are officials afraid of some movement taking over America and that they themselves might get killed? I did read at one site that Bush has something to do with starting a magazine to educate young muslims here to love America. Maybe it's a bigger problem than we think? Whether or not it has anything to do with the JonBenet case.

Is America just going to let this drop?

I sure hope not!

Toole seemed to brag about beheading little Adam Walsh. Was it true or was he another Karr?

No, most everyone agrees he did it. Plus, he was in prison for other murders. But Toole's partner, Henry Lee Lucas, is thought to have been a compulsive confessor ala Karr. Peter Boyles was talking to Alan Pendergrast about that yesterday, how the police would feed Lucas information about murders and he would just cop to them. All told, Lucas confessed to some 180 murders, including his own mother. Now, it's thought he was responsible for about ten or so.

I did read at one site that Bush has something to do with starting a magazine to educate young muslims here to love America.

About time, imo.

Special prosector? Very unlikely. As another poster noted, the Governor would have very little to gain, given that its unlikely that anybody can solve the case at this point.

Critics would ping the governor for spending tens of thousands, or maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on a decade-old case that has already been exhaustedly examined.

And what would the governor say about all the other unsolved murder cases in the state? By what criteria would those cases merit a special prosecutor?

For these reasons and more, the Gov. won't touch this one.

Cigar said:
Special prosector? Very unlikely. As another poster noted, the Governor would have very little to gain, given that its unlikely that anybody can solve the case at this point.

Critics would ping the governor for spending tens of thousands, or maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on a decade-old case that has already been exhaustedly examined.

And what would the governor say about all the other unsolved murder cases in the state? By what criteria would those cases merit a special prosecutor?

For these reasons and more, the Gov. won't touch this one.

I agree - I think even if the investigator thought they knew who did it the possibility of getting a conviction is nil so its a waste of money. The only way this will ever get prosecuted is if some day there is a hit on the DNA found and the person turns out to be a viable suspect and that doesn't require a special prosecutor - just having the DNA in the system. personally I'm RDI so I don't think it will happen.

The only way this will ever get prosecuted is if some day there is a hit on the DNA found and the person turns out to be a viable suspect and that doesn't require a special prosecutor - just having the DNA in the system. personally I'm RDI so I don't think it will happen.

I'm with you.

But to answer Cigar, I'm not completely cynical enough to say it's not worth a shot.

Welcome, Cigar. Good post. You're right, too costly.

But I have to agree with my pal SD too, especially if a DNA match does come up, not likely, I know.

Thanks. But I was agreeing with the idea that there won't be a DNA match.

(And it REALLY cheeses me off watching these talking heads talk about the DNA like it meant something.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back