Soft drink called Cocaine claims to be legal alternative to drugs

Three times more caffeine than Red Bull.........what a STUPID name to call a soft drink and I just KNOW that the teens here are going to LOVE this:eek:

Where have you guys been? The Cocaine energy drink has been around for a couple years now. For awhile, the "Cocaine" name was dropped, and it was sold as the "No Name" energy drink! These high-caffeine concoctions never appealed to me because the prices are outrageous. Heck, you can buy a bottle of 90 200mg caffeine pills for $3 at Walmart. Gulp down 2 pills with some Gatorade and you'll clean your toilet while doing the Irish Jig... all for just pennies a serving.

Where have you guys been? The Cocaine energy drink has been around for a couple years now. For awhile, the "Cocaine" name was dropped, and it was sold as the "No Name" energy drink! These high-caffeine concoctions never appealed to me because the prices are outrageous. Heck, you can buy a bottle of 90 200mg caffeine pills for $3 at Walmart. Gulp down 2 pills with some Gatorade and you'll clean your toilet while doing the Irish Jig... all for just pennies a serving.

Its been around for awhile in the US but here in the Uk it wont be on the shelves until a few weeks time.

I THOUGHT I heard something about the name "cocaine" being changed!!!!
Yep it is $2.50 per bottle here in GA...and thats a VERY SMALL bottle!

While this drink only uses the word as a name, a far more popular soft drink actually used coca leaves that essentially put cocaine in the drink as an ingredient (during their first 15 years or so of production), and was given a name that was based on the ingredients... and to this very day uses a nickname associated with cocaine. Maybe you have heard of the drink and company: Coca Cola... or better yet, its cocaine derived nickname: Coke. In the early 1900's they altered their ingredients to alleviate the cocaine in the syrup.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola#Coca_-_Cocaine

ETA: ooops... someone already touched on Coca Cola. LoL sorry about that. :)

While this drink only uses the word as a name, a far more popular soft drink actually used coca leaves that essentially put cocaine in the drink as an ingredient (during their first 15 years or so of production), and was given a name that was based on the ingredients... and to this very day uses a nickname associated with cocaine. Maybe you have heard of the drink and company: Coca Cola... or better yet, its cocaine derived nickname: Coke. In the early 1900's they altered their ingredients to alleviate the cocaine in the syrup.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola#Coca_-_Cocaine

ETA: ooops... someone already touched on Coca Cola. LoL sorry about that. :)

I saw a documentary about that over here a few years back. Very interesting it was too:)

I saw a documentary about that over here a few years back. Very interesting it was too:)
I had seen that also, I think on the Food Network? about soda pops and their history. Reminded me of what my mother said. I would guess they knew even back then about coca leaves and their effect, therefore the slang used "dope".

It sounds like we both saw the same documentary BarnGoddess.....I had no idea about Coca Cola's origins till I saw it either....it was quite fascinating too I thought.

It sounds like we both saw the same documentary BarnGoddess.....I had no idea about Coca Cola's origins till I saw it either....it was quite fascinating too I thought.
Long after coca leaves were removed as an ingredient, I remember my mother getting some coke syrup from the pharmacist. A spoonful was good for settling the stomach.

Long after coca leaves were removed as an ingredient, I remember my mother getting some coke syrup from the pharmacist. A spoonful was good for settling the stomach.

I love hearing old stories like that:)

Its been around for awhile in the US but here in the Uk it wont be on the shelves until a few weeks time.

Oh, I didn't notice your location! Anyhow, you may never come across this stuff in your stores. I've never seen the Cocaine drink at all, and I live in crazy Los Angeles. It's not in any of the convenience stores, liquor stores or supermarkets. I guess they don't want the bad PR of selling something called Cocaine!

OK, I have to admit, I've tried a drink called Spike. This is available at 7-11s in Los Angeles. Spike has 300 mgs of caffeine plus some other goodies in an 8.4 oz can. I sip it slowly, little bit at a time - may take me 2 hours to finish the can. Drinking it this way gives me a smooth, gradual stimulation. A nice euphoria develops while I'm nursing my Spike.

I love hearing old stories like that:)
Funny how those old "home remedies" were just as good if not better than the junk out there you spend a fortune for. Like getting a really bad case of indigestion. Quick cure: Baking Soda.

I was at a Girl Scout roundup locally and as an older scout, we had to assist the younger girls. Eating their cooking that night gave me such a bad case of indigestion, my first ever, I thought I'd die. My mother was in charge and my dad stayed there to keep an eye on the group and help out if necessary. They took me over to where all the adults were as I was so miserable. Dad got some baking soda and put it in water and made me drink it. After a few minutes and some huge belches, I knew I'd live after all. It's these things we remember. I still grab the baking soda when I feel a little upset. It's there, it's cheap and it works.

Funny how those old "home remedies" were just as good if not better than the junk out there you spend a fortune for. Like getting a really bad case of indigestion. Quick cure: Baking Soda.

I was at a Girl Scout roundup locally and as an older scout, we had to assist the younger girls. Eating their cooking that night gave me such a bad case of indigestion, my first ever, I thought I'd die. My mother was in charge and my dad stayed there to keep an eye on the group and help out if necessary. They took me over to where all the adults were as I was so miserable. Dad got some baking soda and put it in water and made me drink it. After a few minutes and some huge belches, I knew I'd live after all. It's these things we remember. I still grab the baking soda when I feel a little upset. It's there, it's cheap and it works.

I do the Baking Soda remedy all the time too!!!!! You are right, sometimes the old ways are always best:)

Oh, I didn't notice your location! Anyhow, you may never come across this stuff in your stores. I've never seen the Cocaine drink at all, and I live in crazy Los Angeles. It's not in any of the convenience stores, liquor stores or supermarkets. I guess they don't want the bad PR of selling something called Cocaine!

OK, I have to admit, I've tried a drink called Spike. This is available at 7-11s in Los Angeles. Spike has 300 mgs of caffeine plus some other goodies in an 8.4 oz can. I sip it slowly, little bit at a time - may take me 2 hours to finish the can. Drinking it this way gives me a smooth, gradual stimulation. A nice euphoria develops while I'm nursing my Spike.

I really hope my son and his friends dont come across it in our stores....they drink too much crap as it is:mad:

I really hope my son and his friends dont come across it in our stores....they drink too much crap as it is:mad:

Well, I wouldn't be too worried. If the UK is anything like the US, the media will play this up and most stores won't want the hassle.

Well, I wouldn't be too worried. If the UK is anything like the US, the media will play this up and most stores won't want the hassle.

There are stores here that will sell ANYTHING to make money trust me:bang:

There are stores here that will sell ANYTHING to make money trust me:bang:

Yep, I suppose that's true everywhere. Hopefully most of your stores won't carry it. You could always tell your son to stay away from the stores and just go to the pubs.. just kidding!

Yep, I suppose that's true everywhere. Hopefully most of your stores won't carry it. You could always tell your son to stay away from the stores and just go to the pubs.. just kidding!

They seem to prefer getting the drink from the supermarkets as its so cheap and then drinking it at each others houses(he no longer lives at home). Some of them drink in their cars and some just drink on the streets.....binge drinking among the young is a HUGE problem here.
I will be keeping my beady eye everywhere now to see just how many stores do stock this lol

They seem to prefer getting the drink from the supermarkets as its so cheap and then drinking it at each others houses(he no longer lives at home). Some of them drink in their cars and some just drink on the streets.....binge drinking among the young is a HUGE problem here.
I will be keeping my beady eye everywhere now to see just how many stores do stock this lol

Hmmm. Drinking booze in cars or on the street? Maybe drinking this Cocaine stuff isn't so bad after all. At least you can't be arrested for being a bit buzzed on caffeine. Hey, is it true that there is (almost) a pub on every corner in England? And is the Volkswagen Golf extremely popular with the kids, who like to customize and soup them up?

Hmmm. Drinking booze in cars or on the street? Maybe drinking this Cocaine stuff isn't so bad after all. At least you can't be arrested for being a bit buzzed on caffeine. Hey, is it true that there is (almost) a pub on every corner in England? And is the Volkswagen Golf extremely popular with the kids, who like to customize and soup them up?

Within a short walking distance of my house there is at least 14 pubs. Things are changing alot though because of the smoking ban so alot more people are choosing to drink at home. As a result of that, domestic violence is getting worse. So many of the teens smoke weed so they dont want to be sat in pubs all night which is why they choose to hang around outside and drink and smoke. They can buy bottles of "shots" so dirt cheap in the supermarkets so thats what they do. The Government is looking at ways to try and prevent them getting this cheap alcohol so easily because its gone so bad. The teens are mixing these energy drinks with their alcohol.
As for the souped up Golfs.....the lads here will take any kind of sporty car and a Golf is a fave, stick a boombox in it then drive like maniacs. I dont think they can afford it as easily as they used to though:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back