Soul Singer Teddy Pendergrass Dies at 59

Love TKO is one of my favorites!!!! He was wonderful and talented. He started out with Harold and the Bluebells.
You are so lucky to have sung back up for him, just to be near him:heart:
I was so sad when I heard he had died, only 59:(

Fed, Oh no I didn't sing with Mr. Pendergrass, Fairy did.

However, I am a very Blessed chicklett to come from Philly. Billy Paul, Harold Melvin and The Bluenotes, the incomprable Miss LaBelle. I can go on and on. The 70's were a special time alrightie. Gamble&Huff.

Here's a link that some guy made a mix of in tribute to Teddy Pendergrass. Looks like some fierce stuff. All Philly sound. Perhaps you will all enjoy it. Indeed 59 is so very young. My dad was on Highway Patrol at the time of the accident. I recall him the next day telling us about it. Awful. Kelly Drive is a windy road. Gotta give props though to Mr. Pendergrass because he sure came back. Yes he did.

Here's the mix link.

Tribute to Teddy Pendergrass and the Philly Sound - DJHistory

Is It Still Good to Ya? My all time favorite. The horns, the back-up singers. So sexy! I watched him perform this one every night I was there - twice - from backstage. Imagine the view from backstage! Need I say more? I may only have been 17, but I wasn't blind!

Fairy, Thanks for the laugh. I CAN imagine you Lucky Girl! How awesome that you got to sing back up for him. I was your age when I saw him do a concert on tv and I just fell in love with him. CLOOOOOSSE THE DOOR BABY!!!!!! was hot.

I'm so grateful for that experience. This would have been probably 1981? In the spring at the Aladdin - which is now Planet Hollywood.

Wish I could sing Fairy, but It never stopped me...LOL
I bet it was one of your highlights, keep on singing girl and never stop :)
:blowkiss:
I am sure the view of him from the back was almost as good as the view of him from the front. :)

"if you don't know me by now".......................I loved his song!

One in a Million You was my mil's favorite song. She was born in Philly and it was played at her memorial service.
RIP Teddy- one in a million.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back