Source of the tip? #2

The dogs supposedly tracked her to the area of the Pala reservation, not to the specific area where the body was found. If she was so easy to find off this PI's supposed tip, why didn't he find the body himself back in August? After all he was hired to look for her.
He might have called the LE with this information (which they already knew), but I sincerely doubt this is the tip that led them to the body. They found the body quickly so it looks like they knew exactly where too look. How would they find the body off the tip that she supposedly was in the library miles away from where the body was found?

I agree. Maybe he's trying to drum up business?
A member of the Sheriff dept. was with them at the time of the search in August. One would hope he will speak up about all this. Something is just weird about this.

I agree. Maybe he's trying to drum up business?
A member of the Sheriff dept. was with them at the time of the search in August. One would hope he will speak up about all this. Something is just weird about this.

This is my theory too. There are WAY too many holes in his story. Also, don't forget that Amber's mom and dad have said numerous times that family members and police are the only ones they trust to talk about the case - meaning they don't trust the PIs.

Why would the scent have stopped at the library?

Nevertheless, if it did stop at the library, and LE took it from there, why do people find it so incredible that they could track or figure out where the body was? I mean, especially if the FBI was involved, they would have the training to detect areas to focus on. And they probably brought in some experts. I don't even discount the idea that psychics like in the program "Haunted Evidence" could have aided them. But that's just me.

Nevertheless, if it did stop at the library, and LE took it from there, why do people find it so incredible that they could track or figure out where the body was? I mean, especially if the FBI was involved, they would have the training to detect areas to focus on. And they probably brought in some experts. I don't even discount the idea that psychics like in the program "Haunted Evidence" could have aided them. But that's just me.

According to the dog's handler, the dog tracked her scent 3 miles north of the library up Pala Temecual Road to about a half mile of where her body was found. Still that area is vast and it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm with the people that believe it was forensic computer evidence of some sort --gps, computer--that led them to her.

March 19, 2010

A private investigator hired last year by Amber Dubois’ grandmother says it’s possible, but not likely, that a tip he gave to the Sheriff’s Department could have led to the discovery of the 14-year-old girl’s remains on March 6.

[snipped]

Did his call lead investigators to Amber?

“It’s hard to say,” Olmstead said today.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/19/pi-says-he-called-sheriff-ambers-body-found/
So it appears to have gone from his tip led the LE to the body to it's possible but not likely his tip led LE to the body. We figured out that much.

What do you think they would track? After the first two dogs supposedly tracked Amber to the pala reservation area and the library, several months later FBI dogs were brought in and from what has been reported couldn't replicate any of the first two dogs findings. And psychic are usually good at solving crimes on TV shows, but what case do you know of when a psychic actually led police to the exact location of a body, instead of claiming "it's in a shallow grave in the wooded area," or something along these lines.
Of course when the body is found it's a good chance it were in a shallow grave in a wooded area, so psychics could say they were right all alone.

I wonder if they encouraged him to reveal the location of AD's body and that that infomration would not be used against him, sort of a limited immunity.Perhaps not even charge him at all for the murder of AD. So revealing the location of the body could not be used against him in the AD case if charged.
This would explain why he still has a "not guilty" plea in the CK case, but no charges pending in the AD case.

IOW, the potential exchange had nothing to do with the CK case but everything to do with the AD case. because at this point he has not entered any kind of plea for AD because there have been no charges. So the possible deal being worked out that doesn't make sense in the CK case because he has entered a plea, does make sense in the AD case where he has not been charged as they are working on it behind the scenes.

ETA: The more i think about this, the more sense it makes and I think AD's family is on board because they feel confident he will be convicted one way or another AND they got to bring Amber home.

This is my explanation du jour and am sticking with it LOL.
well i was close LOL.

About as close as you could be without working in the DA's office.

I feel so sad right now. Even though I 'knew' Gardner killed Amber, hearing the details are sickening. I can't imagine what the families had to go through to make this decision. I am glad though that the families have each other to talk to. No one else could fully understand their he!!.

John Gardner pleads guilty to murdering King and Dubois

2:42 PM

gardner.jpg

John Albert Gardner III
Photo by: Courtesy

By KELLY WHEELER
City News Service
A convicted sex offender pleaded guilty Friday to killing a 17-year-old Poway High School senior and a 14-year-old Escondido High School freshman, and he was expected to be sentenced to two consecutive life prison terms without the possibility of parole.

More

well i was close LOL.

Jbean you were right on and I was right off! I heard attorney Kerry Steigerwalt on the news today stating that an "independent attorney" came forward with the information to LE about Gardners willingness to tell LE the location of the body--ie this attorney brokered the deal at the time--not his court appointed counsel. And, an independent attorney was mentioned at the plea hearing today. So I think there is a little bit more to the story than we now know.

Jbean you were right on and I was right off! I heard attorney Kerry Steigerwalt on the news today stating that an "independent attorney" came forward with the information to LE about Gardners willingness to tell LE the location of the body--ie this attorney brokered the deal at the time--not his court appointed counsel. And, an independent attorney was mentioned at the plea hearing today. So I think there is a little bit more to the story than we now know.

I was really hoping this was not the case so they could still go for the death penalty.

I was really hoping this was not the case so they could still go for the death penalty.
The thng is here in CA no one really ever gets executed anyway and the endless appeals process is far more expensive than a life sentence. PLUS I don't think you can appeal a plea so it's a done deal.

I am happy that this was the outcome. I'm just glad that the families have closure and that they do not have to go through years of trials and court dates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back