Sources: Casey Anthony Intentionally Killed Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and nothing wrong if someone heard it could possibly be gaff tape and mentions it here, that's the whole point of this board, no one said it was confirmed that it's gaff tape, obviously we're all just waiting for confirmation of these details to come out. Thanks for your post Lisabet. As if no one has brought up questions and rumors like that before on this board for discussion, pending confirmation. If we could only discuss what has been proved, then this whole forum couldn't start until after the trial.

Thank you, Seagull. In no way at all did I intend to suggest the involvement in this crime to anyone other than Casey. If I knew how to post links, I'd go looking for them and post them, but from memory alone, and from a text message from Amy to Casey, Amy complained to Casey about taking and using up her "gaff tape". I was curious about that at the time because I had no idea what gaff tape might be, and I learned it was used to hold their costumes together at the "No Clothes' party, that it belonged to Amy and that she had it left over from when she worked on the cruise ship. If anything at all, Casey helped herself to Amy's tape, but the original discussion was only about TAPE......what kinds there are and if they would hold fingerprints or other forensic evidence. There was no intention to implicate anyone else in this horror.

ITA, too. They have enough evidence w/o the A's.
ITA!! Who knows if they would tell the truth any way? They are both LIARS, proven over and over, and admittedly by their own attorney. I say no immunity for either of them. I don't want them to screw this up anymore than they've already done so and I certainly don't want them to get away with all those lies. I really hope they don't come back out in defense of kc when they start talking again. I really think the only reason they ever defended her was because of some horrible family secret(s) that they wanted her to keep. I look for her to start laying them all under the bus, one by one, and rolling over all of them. They need to think about that now and stop defending this cold hearted, spiteful biotch. She's going to show them just how cold she is. She is completely evil, IMO, and would stop at NOTHING to make herself look better (just like her mother). JMO

Well, let's see, this could be a great deal of income for the next few years on appellate issues for him....;)

But there is no money to speak of. Where would he get this income? Oh. You winked.

Bold by me - Took actions that led to Caylees Death

Its just not computing in my brain how she could do this willfully intentionally and with no regard for Caylee

It makes me lose faith in myself that I could see some sort of good in Casey that she couldn't have done this to beautiful little Caylee on purpose

I feel like a complete chump - go ahead throw the eggs :(

She fooled a lot of people, Jane. I was hoping it was an accident, too. Don't let her make you lose faith in yourself, she has messed up enough lives. Hugs

Maybe I am reading more into what was said in the brief article, but the distinct impression I got was that the investigators who believed it was an accident and changed their minds did so after the most recent reports came in following discovery of the body.

As for the grand jury indictment, the rules for handing down an indictment are no where near as stringent as those in a jury trial. The prosecution would typically go after the maximum possible charge whether they thought they could get a conviction or not, then use it as a plea-bargain chip.

Note that the grand jury indictment took place in October, but in early December SA took the death penalty off the table saying they did not have the evidence to support. Because no jury trial has started we really don't know what charges the SA thought (or thinks now) that they can win with.

I don't believe the SA ever said they did not have the evidence to support the DP.

I need to re-read that entire scenario to see exactly what was said. The DP attorney from South Florida asked it be taken off the table and from there I am not sure what happened. That could have been said in anticipation of him having her plead out the case.

Do you have a link to that statement?

Of course, they didn't name any names there, but since the TV station reported it, their sources must be good.

I always thought it was an accident. It makes me so sad to think she may have done it on purpose.

Ditto. I've always thought she might have entertained the idea of killing someone, not necessarily Caylee, just never had the organizational skills to actually get it done and have held out hope that it was somehow and accident. It's horrible to contemplate that KC may have killed Caylee on purpose!

Ok, JWG, as you know I have always felt, as you have so eloquently described, the death being one of an unanticipated accident. Given your tireless research of all the facts so far, how do you hypothesize this new information, being intentional? I think the argument on the night of June 15th had to give her the impetus to commit this incomprehensible act. Although I've long held on to the the accident theory, I could never reconcile her behavior immediately after, & recently reading about people who intentionally commit murder, her demeanor appears texbook.

Also, what evidence do you think could be so overwhelming definitive?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!:idea:

Since we have not seen any new evidence, I can only guess as to what was found in December that caused the investigators who believed it was an accident to change their minds so that they now believe it was intentional.

Not speaking for them and I do not know what their thinking was, but I got the distinct impression from listening to and reading the interviews conducted by Melich, Allen, and Wells that they felt she was covering up an accident. Frankly, its what we drove me to the accident theory at first, and of course it stuck like gum on a shoe.

(LOL - he made a pun about gumshoes) :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried it? Give it a try. Try handling duct tape with latex gloves on ---- oh, what a sticky jumbled-up mess you get into! Chances are better there are prints.
I'm not even gonna ask why you would know this. I'm just gonna wonder why you would have tried it, and speculate you were up to no good, and then I'm gonna be glad you didn't do anything since you're still among the "free". :eek: Unless you didn't get caught?

(just kidding, of course) :crazy:

I read it and it is a very viable theory particularly if Caylee was crying for CA after that fight. I still have the feeling she was hit in the head. Evidently not hard enough to fracture the skull, but maybe hard enough to knock her out and then who knows what happened.
Also, she could have attempted to break her neck or hit her in a fit of rage, causing a spinal cord hemorrhage. This would result in paralysis or, in the least, very much pain. With Caylee screaming out in pain she may have duct taped her mouth to keep her quiet.
My theory has been that she left the house after the fight in a rage. CA called her immediately and said "Get back to this house; you have a child to take care of." Enraged, she returned to the house and took it out on Caylee during the night.

:furious: Me too. I think it had everything to do with the fight with Cindy on the 15th. I do hope the DP is brought back. I wonder what else they have besides the duct tape over the mouth.
They probably (hopefully) have only her fingerprints on the duct tape,which very likely covered not only the child's mouth, but her nose, leading to a very panicky and horrific death by suffocation.

I believe they have a witness. Maybe not to the killing but to the "plan" to kill.

I think we will hear testimony that Casey was not the model mother that Cindy was trying to convince the world she was. Testemony about neglect or Casey doing alot more socializing where Caylee was unnacounted for.
As far as a plan to kill, might be someone she obtained or asked about chloroform.

This is more than forum myth? A fact?

A fight....and yelling, swearing, name-calling and throat grabbing to boot?

Very interesting.....what is your source?

In the documents. Lee talked about it and JG told about it.

I wonder if have a different kind of duct-tape here in Australia...

The stuff I am thinking of is silver on the non-sticky side and has like a kind of gummy glue-ish type adhesive on the otherside? Plumbers, carpenters etc use it frequently. Not easy to use with glove but not impossible. Workmen have to wear gloves on worksites and dont always remove them while working with what we call duct-tape...

ETA- I PRAY you are right and she put her grimey mitts all over the tape.
Sounds like the same kind of tape to me. You could handle the tape with cotton or work gloves, but definitely not latex.

I'm sorry but I'm not really sure why ANYONE is introducing the idea that the tape found on the remains is GAFF TAPE and not DUCT TAPE. Two TOTALLY DIFFERENT types of tape. All the reports from LE, etc. that have been reported in the media have referred only to DUCT TAPE.

Here is what gaff tape is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape

Here is what duct tape is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

Although both are pressure sensitive, one is backed with cotton material and the other vinyl.

PLEASE, PLEASE don't try to confuse the issue ... it makes me think that anyone that tries to say gaff tape was with the remains is trying to point the finger at someone who has not been implicated and is merely involved because she just happens to be a friend of the accused.

Having been in the business of producing videos, you are correct, BUT, Gaffer's tape is often casually referred to as simply duct tape, particularly by the uninitiated. I'm not sure that it would be unusual for LE to casually make this reference. The importance, imho, would not be to implicate someone else, but, if it really is gaffer's tape, it might be the tape KC took from her friend Amy -- another direct link to KC -- and less common than household duct tape.

I don't think there will be time to challenge the "source" legally. I believe there will be a document dump shortly showing a lot of things which we really do not want to know.

Baez better get some kind of LWOP deal on the table. This is NOT a case to take to trial. If he does, it will only be for his own interest - not the interest of KC.

He should have plead this down in the beginning. He could have flown the "accidental" death theory and got her off with 15 years. Between his need to be seen and the Anthonys need for money they signed KC's fate. All of them had their own self interest at heart and they may cost KC her life by doing it.

I just think that the media has gone way to far and this report is, IMO, unethical. You do not use anonymous sources to level personally attacks on individuals, no matter how hated they are. This goes even a step further in concluding a person's guilt for a crime, reporting it as fact before a jury is even seated. It is irresponsible reporting and I think that this news outlet need to to held accountable. I also find it unlikely that a legitimate source would actually leak this....and if they did, I'm disappointed in them.
Yeah, all evidence points toward her guilt but we can't throw out our due process (we can't allow the media to be judge and jury) and our individual rights just to demonize Casey.

Whenever I hear of the duct tape it makes me think Casey was furious that Caylee was crying and wanted her to shut up.That's how I see it.Maybe she was planning to get rid of her before but this time she lost it.

Is there a difference between duct tape and 'duck' tape, or are they they same thing, just pronounced differently?

Well, there is a Duck brand of duct tape. And then there's gaffer's tape, which probably looks the same on the shiny side but it's made of different stuff.

GR repeatedly called it gaffers tape a couple of weeks ago on his Sunday night show . He is the only one I have heard use the it.

GR is an idiot, so that should not surprise anyone he got it wrong. He gets more wrong than right in all the cases he "investigates." I honestly do not understand WHY Fox even uses him. I have noticed he is on less and less now.

I don't believe the SA ever said they did not have the evidence to support the DP.

I need to re-read that entire scenario to see exactly what was said. The DP attorney from South Florida asked it be taken off the table and from there I am not sure what happened. That could have been said in anticipation of him having her plead out the case.

Do you have a link to that statement?

http://www.wesh.com/news/18213742/detail.html

Prosecutors last month told WESH 2 News they were not sure they had enough aggravating circumstances to convince a jury to recommend the death penalty. In its notice to the court on Friday, the state attorney’s office simply wrote that “it is not in the best interest of the people of the State of Florida to pursue the death penalty.”

Originally Posted by JaneInOz
Im weeping now
And all this info just before I go to bed
Please no one gloat over the fact that *you*were right about it being intentional and those of us that tried to hold onto some kind of humanity that Casey accidentally killed Caylee now have egg on our faces
Please do not gloat
A little girl , a beautiful little girl is dead.
Right now a Mother and Father have lost not only their granddaughter but also their daughter.
It just isnt the time to gloat

A very sad Jane
While I am sorry you are so sad, I don't consider it "gloating" to discuss this. It is not any surprise they found more evidence to back up the charges she was arrested on. It isn't a matter of anyone here being right or wrong. It is only following the case and discussing what is going on in that context.

None of us want to believe that any mother could be capable of such horrors as we have already seen. Unfortunately, it happens because there are people who value life so very little. This is a crime board and filled with such stories.

This case gets uglier by the minute and people need to prepare themselves for what will come in at the trial. This is only the beginning of the horror that will come out when they present the actual evidence, crime scene photos, and other things. They will be presented in their entirety and it will not be censored in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko