NOTGUILTY South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #5

:yes:
I Second this :happydance:
:woot:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone.

Well, well, well - It's not over until...............

North London coroner Andrew Walker has now emailed individuals linked to the case to tell them he is ready to resume the inquest into Anni's death, The Sun reports.
The Sun says Anni's father, Vinod Hindocha, and her uncle, Ashok Hindocha, are due to meet Mr Walker on Tuesday to discuss the case.
MailOnline contacted the coroner's office on Sunday morning, but no-one was able to comment or confirm the report.
It comes after a formal complaint was last week lodged against the judge presiding over Dewani's trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-UK-coroner-prepares-open-inquest-death.html

following up on the ''Judge's Conduct''

you may wish to pour yourself a ''strong'' cup of coffee (or better) to read the link

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/04/24/dewani-judge-traverso-cleared-of-misconduct

'"Judge Traverso filed a response to the allegations. Affidavits were also filed in her support‚ including one from Dewani’s counsel Francois van Zyl SC and two assessors who sat with Judge Traverso. They all refuted the allegations and accusations levelled at Judge Traverso. - The Times

In its finding‚ the committee said the racial attacks on the person of Judge Traverso were unwarranted."

"Anni Dewani's father and uncle are in London for an inquest into her death……….Her father Vinod, 65, said: ‘This is Shrien Dewani’s opportunity to tell us what happened'……...He (the husband)returned to England at the conclusion of the case without ever commenting in public. He has always denied any involvement in his wife's murder……….We hope the British coroner in Barnet will help us with that and ask him to take the witness stand. We believe in the British courts after being let down so badly by the South African justice system."

Inquest is tomorrow (Wednesday 9th Sept)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urge-husband-reveal-happened-night-death.html

Just something I thought of randomly in the night. Why does Anni get a British inquest? She wasn't a British national?confused.

Just something I thought of randomly in the night. Why does Anni get a British inquest? She wasn't a British national?confused.

I an not an expert but: Anni was legally resident in England at the time of her death. An inquest can be held when the person died of "unnatural causes", even if the death occurred abroad. One does not need to be a citizen to benefit from legal recourse in the UK.

However, for different reasons, the coroner shares your doubts about the need/right to a UK inquest too:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-coroner-questions-uk-inquest-hindocha-shrien

While I understand Anni's family's point of view, the questions they have, and for which they seek answers, are outside a coroner's remit :(.

It's been a long time since I've posted here and I haven't read what has been posted earlier on this thread but a few things have happened since Shrien Dewani returned to the UK.

In 2015 Anni's father's right arm was ripped off in an elevator accident. "Vinod Hindocha, who works as an engineer in Sweden, was fixing the lift on March 3 when the chain slipped and it began hurtling towards the ground, said his brother Ashok.

"He said he must’ve had his arm outside of the lift when it dropped".

The limb was severed between the elbow and shoulder, left behind somewhere on the first floor as the lift crashed to a stop. Vinod, 65, was flown to a hospital in Gothenburg, Sweden, where surgeons spent over 18 hours reattaching the severed arm.

“He’s still in hospital,” said Ashok on Wednesday morning. “I spoke to him yesterday.” There is a long road of recovery ahead of him. While he has regained some movement in the limb since last week, it will take up to 18 months for the majority of the nerves to grow back, said Ashok.

Vinod’s wife Nilam, 64, now in remission from stomach cancer, had travelled with her husband and had gone shopping while he repaired the faulty lift.
She had been waiting for him when she received word of the accident.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/annis-dads-arm-ripped-off-1830211#.VQEct0K-3dk

And there was a further development.

In September 2016 “the gay lover of millionaire businessman Shrien Dewani, cleared of murdering his wife on their honeymoon has been found hanged at his home.

Former prostitute Leopold Leisser, 45, known to clients as 'The German Master', was a key witness in care home boss Dewani's trial, accused of killing wife Anni”.

Leisser was extremely 'stressed' by the trial and was discovered by a friend at his flat at in Moseley, Birmingham.

A post mortem revealed the former rentboy had died from hanging. A police investigation revealed Leisser had been suffering from stress due to the Dewani court case in 2014.

Leisser gave evidence at the trial, telling the court how he had been paid £400 per sex session with Dewani, performing role play and S&M, before his wedding.

“After the court case the former gay prostitute closed down his website and said he was losing out on a £5,000 per month income”.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tness-honeymoon-murder-trial-hanged-home.html

Swedish bride Anni Dewani’s murderer Zola Tongo has been granted parole. The parole board made the decision on Friday.

[...]

Anni’s uncle Ashok Hindocha told TimesLIVE after the parole board announced its decision that his family was disappointed.

“This is a shame to the SA justice system,” he said.

“This confirms that SA doesn't want to reduce crime, rather encourage it. Good police work has gone down the drain. We saw and heard that at the main court hearing, but it seems that this applies even further down.”

Hindocha said he does not wish the pain his family was going through on anyone.

“I hope from my heart that no other father should go through what Anni's father did. But through a cold-blooded criminal who is not ready for [release into] society, it's likely that will happen again.

“This decision sends a powerful message to criminals that ‘do the crime but no time’. I feel sorry for the lovely South African people I have met and I am sure they will all agree with me in this matter.”

Anni Dewani’s murderer Zola Tongo granted parole

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back