GUILTY South Africa - Gill Packham, 57, murdered, Cape Town, 22 February, 2018 *arrest*

So how did packham know to turn up at the scene?

He knew where the car was because he was the one who set it alight.

Nicola had been on the phone to the police when she heard on the radio that the car had been found. I'm guessing she rang him. I bet he couldn't get there fast enough.

Last edited:
Very annoying how the sound fades in and out all the time so we can't hear the instruction the Defense is taking throughout.

Reactions: Hag
I find it incredibly sad that Nicola knew about her father's affair(s) and had to keep it secret from her mum - I have similar experience of that too, it's affected just about my whole adult life.

It made me feel so ashamed to know one of my parents was cheating on the other.

And I've never shared that with anyone, ever, until now.

I find it incredibly sad that Nicola knew about her father's affair(s) and had to keep it secret from her mum - I have similar experience of that too, it's affected just about my whole adult life.

No child should ever be put in such a position!

Hugs to you, Lou.

You have nothing to feel ashamed of Lou. The parent who put you in this position is the one who should feeling shame.

I've seen many posters unburden themselves for the first time on WS. Know that you're among friends.

Thank you for sharing, and hugs from me too.

Everyone is complaining about the lack of sound!

Twizza HR manager, Terry Adams, is the State's next witness.

On Feb 22 last year, #Packham arrived late for work late. She didn't see him that day, but JvR spoke to her about his conversation with Packham.

Adams shown email sent to her by #Packham on 18 May 2018. Initially to do with provident fund information he had requested. He emailed her from another address with an affidavit, which was out of context. She sent it to her superior, asking if she should send to SAPS.

At that stage, #Packham had already been dismissed from Twizza, after his initial disciplinary hearing, Adams says.

Adv Webster cross examines.
Adams says at the time of the email #Packham had been dismissed. It was later referred to the CCMA. Webster says he couldn't attend the hearing owing to his bail conditions.

Packham sent the affidavit because he wanted to "tell Twizza his side of the story", Adv Webster says. Adams says she doesn't know why she was the one it was sent to, and she didn't want to be implicated in anything.

Team News24 (@TeamNews24) | Twitter

The State's next witness is Tarryn Steed. She works as a licence plate recognition controller. If a flagged vehicle passes one of the camera systems, the control room gets a notification. Once verified, resources dispatched.

She doesn't want her evidence to be recorded by video or audio because of its nature. It relates to crime prevention and crime detecting methods.

Only vetted persons have access to the LPR system with a unique password and username. Steed confirms she looks at recordings of cars on roads all day. She looks at driving patterns, time frames for irregularities on the path of travel.

On February 22, 2018, Steed was on duty and flagged Gill #Packham's vehicle on the system. They had a Pink Ladies flyer, the make, model and colour of her car as well as the numberplate.

Steed after 21:00 reviewed the camera technology and found the BMW 3 Series sedan without front or rear plates coming out of Boundary Road and taking a left onto Kendall Road at the circle. It then took another left onto Myburgh Road.

The male occupant wore a light blue or light coloured golf shirt and was big in stature, Steed says. He was wearing eyewear. She went to previous records to find the car with its licence plates on and compared the two. Stickers and faded paint matched #Packham's car.

The people on Chat are furious because they can't see or hear anything. The benefit of tweets is obvious.

Last edited:
In the previous footage, a smaller built white woman and Steed knew the driver was different to the usual one.

Packham's car was spotted on Kendall Road at 14:17, with the other sightings shortly thereafter, Steed says.

Cross examination.
Steed explains that LPR camera reads licence plates, while an overview camera records any vehicle or person that passes.

Steed was informed by her control room of a vehicle on fire at Diep River train station. Steed drove to Diep River train station from her home about 3-5mins away. A dark coloured sedan was on fire. She determined it was a BMW.

Firemen were in the process of extinguishing the fire and the boot popped open, Steed says. A fireman shouted "body, body". The entire area was then cordoned off by the police.

Steed returned to the Constantia control room and looked at footage of roads close to Diep River train station. She refers to still images and explains she measured the person's stature in comparison to the driver's seat. Adv Webster sees only a 'dark mass'.

Tea adjournment as Adv Webster requests more clearer images.

Adv Webster during the adjournment viewed the photos on Steed's phone. The quality was not much better, but he will not take it any further. Witness is excused.

Paul Gray is the State's next witness. He is part of the Bergvliet/Meadowridge neighbourhood watch. He lives about 500m from Riesling Road. He patrols and listens in on the radio for wanted vehicles or suspicious activity.

Gray was on patrol on Feb 22, 2018. He logged on at about 2pm. He had no knowledge of Gill #Packham's disappearance.

That day, Gray drove out of his driveway and while driving, he saw a dark metallic car with no number plates. He stopped and inspected it. The car was stationary and had no occupants. It also had no licence disc. He radioed it in as it may be stolen.

Gray made notes about 60m from the car in Lucius Way. When he looked up, he saw a man get into the driver's side of the vehicle. A white man wearing shorts, he testifies.

Gray says he approached in his car and tried to indicate to the man that there was a problem with his. He put up his hand to indicate the man should stop so they could talk about his possibly stolen number plates.

Gray says the driver was banging with his hands in the direction of the steering wheel. He looked like someone who was very anxious about something, Gray recalls. He briefly looked at him before speeding off.

Gray says he radioed control because the action seemed to be out of the ordinary and he was concerned that there seemed to be some or other problem. He gave a description of the vehicle and where it appeared to be going - Boundary Road. He followed the car.

This is the worst live streaming I've ever seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remosgrace32
Back