South Africa - Joslin Smith, 6, Saldanha Bay, Weston Cape, 19 Feb 2024

The mother of a six-year-old girl missing in South Africa since 19 February has been charged with human trafficking and kidnapping.

Kelly Smith was charged along with her boyfriend, Jacquen Appollis, and two others, following their arrest.

The prosecution alleges that Ms Smith instructed Mr Appollis and another of the accused, Stefano van Rhyn, to sell Joslin to a traditional healer for 20,000 rand ($1,000; £835), the privately owned Citizen newspaper reports.

Reminds me of the Shaniya Davis case :(

I'm going to continue to hope until it's proven otherwise. I wish unspeakable horrors be inflicted on the egg donor and anyone else involved in what happened to Joslin.

Reminds me of the Shaniya Davis case :(

I'm going to continue to hope until it's proven otherwise. I wish unspeakable horrors be inflicted on the egg donor and anyone else involved in what happened to Joslin.

Yes, it does. However, in South Africa, they say this mother sold her child to "a traditional healer". As I understand it, this could possibly mean she was sold so her organs can be sold on the black market??

The search for Joshlin Smith (6) has gone international, as Police Minister Bheki Cele confirmed on Wednesday that they have started working with Interpol to locate Joshlin.

Pieces of clothing that were found on Saturday, 30 March 2024 were ‘taken for DNA testing’, but were not positively linked to Joshlin, according to IOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny
Back