South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading his page and I've noticed a few of his friends have gone on the phoebe support pages and trashed her.

Nothing but a bunch of blah blah blah I love and support you bs. Interesting that the chic who made the page is class of 08. Her profile pic is of her in jeans and what appears to be a skimpy bathing suit top.

I'm reading his page and I've noticed a few of his friends have gone on the phoebe support pages and trashed her.

My guess is that rather than feeling sad that someones life was lost, they are blaming here for the media circus...are people really that heartless?

Hi all - this is a little off topic but hope you don't mind me sharing. I believe yesterday the issue of there being virtually no recent pictures of Phoebe came up and also the fact that it seems she had very few real, true close friends while here, if any. I was on one of the Facebook Memorial pages for Phoebe and noticed someone asked if a certain picture was taken here or in Ireland and someone responded that it must have been Ireland as no pictures were taken at SHHS. I decided to message that person to clarify what he/she meant by that and this was the response:

There are 2 known pictures taken while at SHHS. One was a cell phone pic on this group with the orange scarf. The other is what appears to be a scan of a picture possibly taken for a yearbook of a class type photo.

IMO, Phoebe had no real friends at SHHS though many have come out after her death dramatically acting as best friends. One of the most vocal mourners was found to have tweeted 4 days before her death calling her an irish *advertiser censored* and making a threat at the dance.
It is a little known theory to the general public that a significant factor of Phoebe reaching the point of feeling such despair and totally alone may have been realization those she thought were friends were backstabbing her.

One would think that even if she had people that she just hung out with but wasn't necessarily close with that more recent pictures would be floating around. then there's also the fact that those who seem or claim to have been her friend also support sean and the administration. It's difficult to tell if there's just something we're missing or these kids don't see what we see or they just weren't as good friends as they'd make it seem. Who knows.
I think I understand the mindset.

IMO, it's a small community. I come from a small community that hates "outsiders". The school and culture seem, from my reading, to have been this way for decades. I've read many personal accounts of former SHHS students saying how bad it was, the bullying and lack of action by the administration. But when it's all you know, you have a blurred point a reference...it's their normal, I think. I think they really can't see it. Sometimes when there is a sense of US or THEM, people tend to go where the larger numbers are. As a rule, from my experience, people don't want to be ostracized in a small community. It's too small, there's nowhere to turn.

South Hadley needs to know that most people aren't attacking them...they are standing for the weak.

P.S. I think that bolded part might refer to the same girl (I linked to a run4chocolate blog about earlier...)

My guess is that rather than feeling sad that someones life was lost, they are blaming here for the media circus...are people really that heartless?

One comment

Seany, Seany..all these girls on here(supporters), need help bullying the girl who Stole their 'man'..please help, Seany!!

F*ck what the media says. I don't think you deserve anything of what you got. Keep your head up sean <33

We have them in the car following her...and then it stops. Nothing more. We don't even know how long she was dead before she was found. How she was hanging, how long was the scarf, where was she hanging, did she carry books, belongings, that day? Where were they? What did the last text messages say? Was the scarf she wore that day the one she was found in? I have many questions...most of all WHERE was she?

To me, from reading the dox, that day more harassment and tension built as the day progressed. Were they done with her?

I was wondering more along the lines of what exactly happened during those last two weeks to make the harassment become basically nonstop. Especially if the days prior to Jan. 14 were anything like that particular day.

However, I understand your interest regarding the kind of vague information given about how she was found, etc. I remember something about 2:48 p.m. - I believe that's what time she sent the last text message then she received two that she didn't open so she must have died between 2:48 p.m. and whatever time those texts were sent. It doesn't seem that she went home and immediately hung herself which would make more sense, to me. I don't know the exact time they get out of school, but I think she was probably texting whoever she was texting while at home. I thought the 911 call had been around 4:30, but I believe in the indictment paperwork it was closer to 5 that her sister made the 911 call.

Is it possible that she was examined in her lady bits to tell if she was still a virgin or not? I mean I know it's certainly possible right?

They better have looked. Hopefully they checked for signs of abuse in the autopsy...

IMO, it's a small community. I come from a small community that hates "outsiders". The school and culture seem, from my reading, to have been this way for decades. I've read many personal accounts of former SHHS students saying how bad it was, the bullying and lack of action by the administration. But when it's all you know, you have a blurred point a reference...it's their normal, I think. I think they really can't see it. Sometimes when there is a sense of US or THEM, people tend to go where the larger numbers are. As a rule, from my experience, people don't want to be ostracized in a small community. It's too small, there's nowhere to turn.

I've seen some of those accounts too, and given the way they've closed ranks around these people, what with the Sean/Austin support groups and the *****ing about the MEDIA causing all these problems... they are insular.

And Phoebe, the CAUSE of this in their minds, was definately an outsider. Her voice and accent would have made her stand out, identifying her more as not belonging.

I think HP Lovecraft would have had a field day with town, many of his horror stories were set in clannish, unfriendly New England towns.

And I have GOT to finish raking the yard before it rains... I was late last fall and the finally melted snow has given me back my leaf covered yard. :)

This is something I've been wondering too. What is is about that last day or week that made them really turn up the heat? While we don't have an exact time line - from reading the indictments and other things it seems she started dating Sean sometime in the beginning of the school year and they broke up in November. Therefore the three girls associated with Sean probably were harassing her the whole time. Apparently the fling with Austin happened sometime in December, although we don't know the exact date or nature of that fling so I'm guessing the other three girls started their harassment after they found out about that. It seems from early January till Jan 14th things got progressively worse and just completely out of hand. I mean that last day alone was just thing after thing after thing. Is it that these two groups kind of combined efforts and it just ended up getting really out of control? I still get confused about which girls are which so I apologize if that sounded stupid - when I read stories about these girls their names sort of all blur together ;)
I imagine things got much worse after Austin. They had ammunition she had supposedly been with someone else. Can you imagine how that may have played right into Sean's hands? SEE? She is a ****! I imagine him blaming his dalliance with her on her evil sexual powers...it's all HER fault, kinda deal.

I've seen some of those accounts too, and given the way they've closed ranks around these people, what with the Sean/Austin support groups and the *****ing about the MEDIA causing all these problems... they are insular.

And Phoebe, the CAUSE of this in their minds, was definately an outsider. Her voice and accent would have made her stand out, identifying her more as not belonging.

I think HP Lovecraft would have had a field day with town, many of his horror stories were set in clannish, unfriendly New England towns.

And I have GOT to finish raking the yard before it rains... I was late last fall and the finally melted snow has given me back my leaf covered yard. :)

I love that you referenced HP Lovecraft! And hey, not ALL New England towns are unfriendly! Those of us who call The 'Shire (New Hampshire) home are mighty friendly!

"violation of civil rights resulting in injury" - what else, specifically, occurred asides from the name calling to result in that charge? Not dissecting that, it's a genuine question.

I am guessing the injury is her suicide.

I love that you referenced HP Lovecraft! And hey, not ALL New England towns are unfriendly! Those of us who call The 'Shire (New Hampshire) home are mighty friendly!

LOL, I discovered him because a lot of the early music by Metallica referenced his stories and I wondered why they found him so interesting... and that probably dates me. :innocent:

Okay, really leaving to work in the yard now...

there was evidence that objects had been thrown at her, also i believe she had been shoved into a locker. would verbal threats of violence count under that charge?

ugh, my shift key isn't working, sorry for the lack of capital letters

I believe the witness saw the object, which was an energy drink can, hit the ground. How is that going to cause an injury? There are no allegations of being physically shoved into a locker in the three reports that are public. I am guessing the injury is suicide, what else can it be?

The witness saw the object, which was an energy drink can, hit the ground. How is that going to cause an injury? I am guessing the injury is suicide, what else can it be?

Intent to injure maybe?

Suicide is what someone does when they believe they are a nothing. Worthless. Have absolutely no redeemable factor in their life or for others. Their life essence is racked in pain and they believe they cannot be fixed on any possible level. To remove their pain, to remove what they believe is truth by the action, lack of actions, the words, or the lack of words, they take their lives by their own hands. No one will miss them. Why would they? These victims of suicide remove themselves from this earth because they are nothing and everyone would be better off with them gone. That is their truth at that moment...

imvho

I presume we are allowed to link to wikipedia? There could be many reasons for suicide so I certainly don't believe that the reason for suicide it's because someone believes they are nothing, and that's it.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide[/ame]

I was wondering more along the lines of what exactly happened during those last two weeks to make the harassment become basically nonstop. Especially if the days prior to Jan. 14 were anything like that particular day.

However, I understand your interest regarding the kind of vague information given about how she was found, etc. I remember something about 2:48 p.m. - I believe that's what time she sent the last text message then she received two that she didn't open so she must have died between 2:48 p.m. and whatever time those texts were sent. It doesn't seem that she went home and immediately hung herself which would make more sense, to me. I don't know the exact time they get out of school, but I think she was probably texting whoever she was texting while at home. I thought the 911 call had been around 4:30, but I believe in the indictment paperwork it was closer to 5 that her sister made the 911 call.
Well, apparently, she dated/broke up with Austin in Dec. School would only return around the 3 or so of January, so that gives around 11 days. I'm not sure if something more transpired. And, yes, I've seen 4:30 and closer to 5.

Went to find the school calender to check on dates and had a hard time getting to the site through google. I had to go to the town site to get in. Then I found that SH has removed the faculty page..."no longer present"...sorry, but this town seems more like Russia than America, to me.
http://www.southhadleyschools.org/staff_directory.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member