South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching now..the guy has warped the video so you can't see who he is.
THAT is a must see video. The young man details his experience with SHHS and bullying. He terms his experience "NEGLECT". He recounts various incidents, some in class and blatant, and recalls one time when he asked a teacher for help, and the teacher shrugged and said, "I'm doing the best I can". He talks about the guidance counselors who attempted to make him feel better about the bullying...but did not stop it. They viewed it as a "disagreement", he said.

He recalls one incident in particular, his senior year in gym class. There was a "select group of very popular kids" who made his life miserable. They would call him names, they would make sure he got picked last, throw him down in the mud, pull out his flag on flag football and start screaming, "RJ pulled out his own flag! What an idiot!". EVERYONE in the class would laugh, he said, INCLUDING the Gym Teacher! He'd ride along with the bullies, the young man said. The Gym Teacher admired the bully-students, SO MUCH, it was awful, he said, "It drove me insane." It happened on a daily basis, for weeks and weeks.

FIRST, He went to the Gym Teacher, he recounts, "on numerous occasions". The Gym Teacher would do nothing. He recalls one incident when he was getting balls thrown at him, he went to the Gym Teacher for help, telling the Teacher he was getting bullied...the Gym Teacher looked him in the eyes and shrugged and said, "What do you want me to do about it ?" And walked away...

THEN he went to a guidance counselor, "Big mistake", he says...she told him there was nothing she could do, "absolutely nothing". He HAD to stay in the class, no choice, gym was a requirement, he told he her was getting bullied, she said "That doesn't change anything".

NEXT, he went to the Athletic Director, "he listened to me, I was in his office in tears". He said he would look into it and RJ would need to go to class the next day. The young man agreed, happy to finally have someone looking into it. Next day, he went to class. And he was bullied worse than ever. The Teacher noticed nothing and it was at least 3/4 of the class that was pushing him around, "quite literally", he said. He left that class in tears. And again went to the Athletic Director. He SHOUTED at him. "R.J., what is it today?" ...the young man said, "They are bullying me, just like yesterday" The Athletic Director says, "Are they REALLY bullying you? Or do you just have some idea in your head that they're bullying you?" No, he responded, they ARE bullying me...so, the Athletic Director responded, "What do you want ME to do about it!?" The young man sobbed, he said. He was "terrified", he knew he would have to go back to class. SO...he was told to go back again, and if it happens AGAIN...then we'll talk.

Well, his parents intervened and Smith and Sayer became involved. Strange part was, he said, NONE of the students we're punished. The gym teacher was removed, Athletic Director stayed on. Sayer called and smoothed things over but would not say what discipline was meted out.

This young man said if he gets enough subscriptions, likes, etc on youtube...he'll share more.

Sorry for any spelling, grammar errors, I was typing as he spoke.

It was upsetting to watch that. I am making sure before my son starts school this year to ask about bullying at the school.

These people seem to think that the 2 girls who organized the peace rally feel bad about that facebook page after Phoebe died. Sorry but as a woman I know they aren't feeling bad about it. They love the drama. They love all this attention. I was a teenage girl once and I can smell the love of drama from over here!

A witness quoted in the documents said Prince returned to class and said no action was going to be taken and that she was "still going to get beat up."

As new details on the bullying of Phoebe Prince have begun to emerge, the failure of school officials to intervene has become more evident despite many warnings.

The documents show that as far back as Dec. 2009, a student told a teacher that Mullins, who is now under indictment, was screaming and threatening Phoebe in the hallway and bathroom of the high school
So, the school is wrong. Again. In December the Mullins abuse was reported.
http://www.irishcentral.com/story/n...school-official-who-did-nothing-90551169.html

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:...mmits_Suicide_After_Cyber_Bullying?t=30695698

I have come across this name a few times lately from cached pages back in jan/Feb (look at comment on bottom of page), anyone else familiar with this person? Notice she isn't a member of any Phoebe Prince support pages,which seems unusual as even the bullies friends joined. Don't know if its anything but just wondering why she would be named, she could be totally innocent but it's just bugging me to know.

I'm not sure what name you are refering to, Andy...can you be more descriptive? When I click that link I get a news piece, I see no names of girls...?

I checked through the comments, nothing is familar...other than "EJ writer"...maybe the same fella I quoted on the websleuthing thread...

So, the school is wrong. Again. In December the Mullins abuse was reported.
http://www.irishcentral.com/story/n...school-official-who-did-nothing-90551169.html

I'm pretty much at the point where I think everything from the school adminstration is a lie.

Darby O'Brien, a local resident who keeps in contact with Prince's parents, said although Jeremy Prince didn't want to publicly comment about his daughter, he encouraged his daughter's friends to speak about her.

"He told me to pass that to her friends," said O'Brien, who organized a group of students for joint interviews with People Magazine a couple of months ago.
O'Brien may not have been the "official" spokesperson for legal reasons, imo...but here is one example of how he was passing messages on for the family...
http://www.gazettenet.com/2010/03/30/vibrant-life-cut-short

Bullying featured on JVM, right now...7 pm EST.

also from that link...some have seen this but it's testimony to consider for those who haven't, imo...
Meanwhile, heartbroken friends in Ireland thought her transition in the States was going well, according to Joyce.

"On Phoebe's networking pages she had pictures of loads of new friends," said Joyce, 15. "Everyone thought she got along fine."

In Ireland, he said, "she was the biggest presence in the class and everyone wanted to be her friend."
The school held a memorial in which a teacher gave a speech about Prince.

"Everyone took it so hard," Joyce said. "Some people found their own ways to get through it. Some uploaded pictures of her on the Internet while others tried to keep it to themselves. I tried to keep calm for my friends because if everyone cries the whole place would melt."

O'Brien may not have been the "official" spokesperson for legal reasons, imo...but here is one example of how he was passing messages on for the family...

Bullying featured on JVM, right now...7 pm EST.

I was just thinking about that quote earlier. Not only in the sense that O'Brien is in fact in touch with the family and they obviously must trust him to speak in at least certain situations, but that Phoebe's father was/is encouraging Phoebe's friends to speak forward about her and to share any stories they might have about her. There's a grand total of what, about 2 from SHHS that have spoken up about her publicly?

I came across a comment on this article from February. It sounds very similar to the youtube video by RJ, I posted earlier today. Yet, it's "CJ", this time...
Posted by CJ
February 15, 2010, 9:04PM
i graduated from south hadley high just a few years ago, and every day of all four years, i was bullied to the point of collapse. why did this happen so often? here's your answer, and i say this with all seriousness and legitimacy: TEACHER NEGLECT.
there is more at link, this is only a snippet.
more on page #2 of comments...
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/south_hadley_phoebe_prince_fea/865/comments-2.html

Same here. I don't believe a single word they utter, including ones like "and" and "the".

Yep. It's all about CYA from them.

also from that link...some have seen this but it's testimony to consider for those who haven't, imo...

In Ireland, he said, "she was the biggest presence in the class and everyone wanted to be her friend."

Random thought that just occurred to me is that this may have contributed to Phoebe's stress level and feeling alone. Being the outcast looks like something she probably wasn't used to.

These people seem to think that the 2 girls who organized the peace rally feel bad about that facebook page after Phoebe died. Sorry but as a woman I know they aren't feeling bad about it. They love the drama. They love all this attention. I was a teenage girl once and I can smell the love of drama from over here!

Yes, I'm extremely cynical about their motives. If they were so against hate, they would've done something about the obvious hate-filled screaming that was happening against Phoebe in several locations in the school.

YOUTUBE VIDEO "Former SHHS Student on Bullying and Neglect at the school...I haven't listened, yet...switching computers for sound...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1T7YWXCNJM&feature=youtu.be

Video is gone and he left this message:

i am so sorry to have to say this, but it turns out that at least two people from south hadley have recognized the sound of my voice and have uncovered my identity. one is demanding that i remove my video, and while it breaks my heart to ONCE AGAIN let myself be pushed around, in this case i have no choice but to set the video to private. however, i want everyone to know that my video is only TEMPORARILY private, and i will bring it back after a few weeks. until then, please dont forget about this channel, subscribe, and i will be back before you know it. in the meantime, i have decided to set up a blog sometime in the near future and post the link to it on here. This will be where i post what i am unable to say in videos, as it is completely anonymous. I just want to thank every well-wisher who sent me those kind comments and personal messages. they mean a lot to me, and feel free to send me more. goodbye for now.
-RJ

Video is gone and he left this message:

That makes me feel so sad for that guy. I hope he knows many, around the world, support him and hold him in our prayers. Sad. Somehow, we have to help these people.

Okay...a novelist was brought to the middle school in Springfield to speak. He was scheduled before Phoebe's suicide, according to the article. It's local press, give that the weight you will. ;) Yes, I'm cynical. Here's a snippet...I withhold comment.
Crutcher said that when he reads such news stories, he knows he is not going to learn the whole story and that there is much more to the lives of those involved.

"It's easy to say the bullies are the bad guys and the victims are the good guys," he said.

But, he noted, sometimes the bullies also are victims, and all sorts of other dynamics may be at play in bullying incidents.

When one realizes why so-called troubled children do the things they do, one learns about the heroism and survival skills embedded in them, he said. After working with many victims of childhood abuse and neglect, he said he learned that the victims were often secretive about their survival skills, but able to recognize them in others and in stories about others.
http://www.masslive.com/metrowest/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-25/1271488825283390.xml&coll=1

I'm not sure what name you are refering to, Andy...can you be more descriptive? When I click that link I get a news piece, I see no names of girls...?

I checked through the comments, nothing is familar...other than "EJ writer"...maybe the same fella I quoted on the websleuthing thread...

Sorry should've been clearer, when you click link to cached page do not click on any other link on page just go straight to bottom of page, there is only one comment and it is a link to a FB page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500