South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the support group on FB for sean mulveyhill and that other boy?

Ok it's been confirmed on a FB page that it is Phoebe on the ground in that one picture

http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt...w=global&subj=323101110767&id=100000958017031

The person that orignally posted it has not answered directly if it was her or not, just some cryptic stuff, and now people are moving that picture all over the place. With the legal documents yesterday there were no charges for a physical attack like this. It sounds like other than some pushing and knocking her around in the halls some the bullies (Flannery Mulllins in particular) never got the chance to fully carry out the "beat her up" threat.

I think that picture is some other poor kid somewhere else.

I still can not understand how this principal is still using the "we only knew about it for one week"! So what? Even if that were true, it takes only one day----for that matter, only one HOUR-----to ask questions, pull the abusers out of class, call their parents to come and get them and expel them from school! There are processes in place for students to schedule hearings to get reinstated if they have a legitimate defense. These kids should have been out of there, off campus, and ordered to stay away from Phoebe and her family permanently. There is no excusing their lack of action with any pitiful one week plea! I have personally seen principals deal with far less serious incidents than these with immediate action on the EXACT day that the problem occurred. I have even seen kids suspended out of school immediately for disrupting classes by yelling, when that yelling was not even directed AT anyone----they were booted and punished for the simple act of disruption of the other kids education time. That is as it should be, if they choose not to participate in learning, fine, but they have no right to prevent others from doing so for even one incident!

jmoo

That Phoebe was scared enough to ask to go home (and thats in the papers from yesterday) should be enough for them to have dragged them all into the office for questioning. Instead they sent her back to class.

I've been wondering about this as well and was actually going to ask at some point. I thought a couple of the pictures that recently showed up were newer, but there was a comment made by one of the girls who was apparently a "friend" that they were taken in Ireland. Are there any recent photos of her, besides the one taken shortly before her death? The most popular photo of her is apparently undated. I'm not sure about the ones that Darby O'Brien recently gave to the news.

If she did have close friends here, I don't see any of them speaking out or posting pictures of her on any of the numerous memorial pages out there. Does anyone know if Phoebe actually had a MySpace/Facebook account? I know girls were making comments about her but it seems they were making comments on their own and each others accounts. I'm guessing it would have been taken down by now anyway. I believe I recall an article talking about how it appeared that she had adapted as she posted pictures of her and friends on some site or another, but this was when I first started reading about the case so don't have that saved or anything.

I'm sure any account she had would have been taken down, but you would think some pictures would still be floating around. It's all very confusing though.

As I've been typing this I remembered I came across a picture that I think might be more recent, but there's no date so can't say for sure. Attaching it for those who may not have seen it.
Thanks for the photo, I hadn't seen it. She looks even more beautiful. Looks like a formal of some sort, to me. I've read she did have fb, and foamspring, although I can't find either, not for lack of effort. ;) I read rumor foamspring was where she was attacked, as well.

I agree with other posters, she was likely centered out early on, she was very pretty, with a beautiful Irish accent, I'd bet jealousy reared it's ugly head quite early...imo, no one wants to hang or get close to a "target"...although, I do feel that there's a posibilty Phoebe may have had a couple of true friends in SHHS, so I do want to leave room for that...out of respect for them.

That makes a lot of sense.
I agree. I posted such earlier in the thread. She was sexually harrassed at school. It is disgusting. Sexually shaming a child...that goes DEEP. And it's very hard to share with Parents...IMO

The person that orignally posted it has not answered directly if it was her or not, just some cryptic stuff, and now people are moving that picture all over the place. With the legal documents yesterday there were no charges for a physical attack like this. It sounds like other than some pushing and knocking her around in the halls some the bullies (Flannery Mulllins in particular) never got the chance to fully carry out the "beat her up" threat.

I think that picture is some other poor kid somewhere else.

Laurence I hope you are right. I truely hope you are right. No matter who it is in that picture it's still so haunting to me. I'm so ate up over this situation. My arms physically ache to want hug this poor girl. I want to hug her and hold her and cry with her. And then take her shopping. Every day when I get off work and go home the first thing I do is hug my children when I walk in the door. I hug them and hold them so tightly that my 4 year old says mommy let me go.

My children will never be bullies. Never. And they will never be bullied. Never.

I did read rumor Kayla was using her Mom's maiden name on boards, now...not sure how true, but it might give members something to sleuth...

Ok good. It's being passed around on FB that Steve is her dad. I'm guessing because of the last name and him living in MA. Good catch!
I hope someone posts the obit, so they'll get off that Guy's back...

I did read rumor Kayla was using her Mom's maiden name on boards, now...not sure how true, but it might give members something to sleuth...

I saw that! I even had the link. Lemme see if I can find it.

You'd think that she would be banned from the internet by her mom, anything she posts could get used at least in a civil case against her later.

You'd think that she would be banned from the internet by her mom, anything she posts could get used at least in a civil case against her later.

Yeah, I agree. I can't see her posting, now. But thought I'd throw it out there, you never know, I've found.

FB deleted the page with the info on Kayla's mom's maiden name.

The name is in the obit....but I searched under Kayla+that last name and it was not her pix there, and friends did not appear to be her age or from around that area.

jmoo

FOX: "Phoebe Prince: Brutal Final Days"
Phoebe Prince had no safe place to go at South Hadley High School.

Court paperwork reveals that the 15-year-old freshman suffered harassment in the hallways, the library, the classrooms, the lunchroom and even the bathroom.

According to witnesses, the bullies hissed curse words, yelled obscenities and threatened to beat her up, sometimes within earshot of school faculty.
"
Prosecutors say Phoebe suffered the torment and name-calling for months.

Witnesses stated that Phoebe's reaction to the constant harassment varied from fear and apprehension to crying. She asked her friends to stay close to her in the hallways. One witness reported that Phoebe went to school administrators because she "was scared and wanted to go home." The same witness said Phoebe returned to class and told her that no action was going to be taken and that "she was still going to get beat up."
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/04/09/phoebe-prince-brutal-final-days/?test=latestnews

"Deval Patrick: Parents failed in alleged bullying case"
"During his monthly appearance on WTKK-FM, Patrick said Friday it was "incredibly upsetting" to him "that the adults did not seem to have acted like adults."

He didn’t distinguish between school administrators who allegedly were told about the South Hadley high schooler’s problem, or the parents of the six schoolmates charged with bullying her."
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...leged_bullying_case/srvc=home&position=recent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500