GUILTY Spain - Jennifer Mills-Westley, 60, decapitated, Tenerife, CI, 13 May 2011

Wow, this is absolutely horrendous. And to see the victim's picture just makes it so much more real and so very sad. This certainly could have been prevented had he been locked up longer or been arrested. What a tragedy.

...Anyone else think his paranoid schizophrenia was drug induced? Not that it makes any difference to anything that happened... I think I am just trying to understand such a horrendous, surrealistic thing. I know for a fact there are a lot of drugs at these places where travelers go, acid, mushrooms, etc... and even something certain people think is so innocent such as marijuana is not so innocent to the wrong mind.
One of my friends was traveling to Egypt, the Canaries, Goa, Israel etc in the late nineties, she came back a different person. It took her years to come back to normal. She never did drugs before.
Also, after seeing pictures of him, I don't think that is HIS head in the pics where we see him arrested and held down. He has dark hair and skin.

...Anyone else think his paranoid schizophrenia was drug induced? Not that it makes any difference to anything that happened... I think I am just trying to understand such a horrendous, surrealistic thing. I know for a fact there are a lot of drugs at these places where travelers go, acid, mushrooms, etc... and even something certain people think is so innocent such as marijuana is not so innocent to the wrong mind.
One of my friends was traveling to Egypt, the Canaries, Goa, Israel etc in the late nineties, she came back a different person. It took her years to come back to normal. She never did drugs before.
Also, after seeing pictures of him, I don't think that is HIS head in the pics where we see him arrested and held down. He has dark hair and skin.

I don't know if the schizophrenia was drug-induced per se, but I think it's pretty common for the mentally ill to self-medicate. And they often end up exacerbating their problems with whatever they take.

(AP) MADRID - A man randomly attacked and beheaded a woman in a supermarket on the Spanish resort island of Tenerife in the Canary Islands on Friday, officials said.
The suspect, believed to be a homeless Bulgarian man with a police record, was detained by security guards after he ran out of the supermarket with the blood-soaked head in his hands.

A witness told broadcaster Cadena Ser that he saw the man drop the woman's head on the pavement after coming out of the store.

"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him. He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman's head," the unnamed witness said in a radio interview.

Spanish national radio said the woman was believed to be a British citizen.

"We are aware of reports of the death of a British national in Tenerife and are urgently investigating," a British Foreign Office spokesman in London said on customary condition of anonymity.

Regional Interior Ministry delegate Dominica Fernandez said the suspect is believed to have entered the shop, stolen a knife which he then used to assault and behead the woman, whose identity hasn't been released.

Fernandez told journalists the attack appeared to be random and that the man was well known in the area.

The events took place shortly after 10 a.m. (0900 GMT, 5 a.m. EDT) in the southern town of Arona, about 10 miles (15 kilometers north of the beach resort of Los Cristianos.:sick:

Didn't this just happen somewhere else, almost the same details?

This happened two or three years ago... on a bus in Canada.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/18/jennifer-mills-westley-murder-trial

Deyan Deyanov, a 29-year-old homeless Bulgarian, denied killing the grandmother of five as his trial began at the provincial court in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Deyanov, who answered questions in Bulgarian through an interpreter, has been diagnosed with acute paranoid schizophrenia.

He told the court he is haunted by voices telling him how to behave and said they had told him he was "an angel of Jesus Christ who is going to create a new Jerusalem". He added: "They direct how I act, sometimes they say kill, fight, hit, pray."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cordial.sand1418
Back