Speculation on the Second Cross

She totally shot Yuri Melich down when he asked for the credit card statements by telling him she'd already looked at them and there was nothing significant so they could just forget about that. That drove me nuts, not just her playing Inspector Gadget by deciding what information would get to LE but also how this is a perfect example of what they think looking for Caylee consists of. I bet you all my Star Wars cards that there is something on those receipts the A-Team was desperate to hide.

oh.. you know it

something on there,,,,,,, BIG TIME

That entire thing has guilt written all over it. CA had to know that LE would eventually get their hands on the JCPenney receipts. She may try to hide them, but they will find them. How stupid can some people be?

Stupid enough that your daughter could live with you for TWO YEARS without you KNOWING that she did not actually have a job? Stupid enough to think that the whole world would believe your outlandish lies about the elusive kidnappers? Hmmm. . .

and to think your daughter, who is seven months pregnant with her navel popping out, is a virgin...

I think that she originally bought the two crosses with one for Caylee and one for KC. KC may have put it where Caylee is buried. Now they are going to say that one was for KC and one for CA, that is why they are showing each of them wearing them at different times. In trial they may be asked to show both crosses. Their answer may be that a)either one of them has been lost or b) they could go back to Penneys and purchase another one with cash thereby producing two necklaces. It would be almost impossible to find out if they have purchased another one because they could purchase it elsewhere, online, or get a person not being monitored to purchase it for them.

Leonard, thanks for being with us. What can you tell me? Can you enlighten me about a new theory that has just been put out there that mom Casey Anthony purchased two crosses from JCPenney`s, one of which she put on little Caylee`s body?

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER, MET WITH TOT CASE INVESTIGATORS: Well, we started -- myself and Rob started asking about this when we were back there, because Cindy -- when we asked her about the crosses she bought, and where she bought it, she says she bought it at JCPenney`s and bought it for Caylee, which struck us as a bit strange.

So here, two weeks ago, we started checking to see if there was two crosses that had been purchased, one for her and one for Caylee. Now that in and of itself is something that the FBI, I think, has the answer to. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/29/ng.01.html

IMO, it appears to me that only LE knows for sure if there were one or two or no crosses bought at JC Penney's. LE is the only one that could subpoena the credit card records of Cindy to determine what was purchased on the credit cards.

I don't dispute what Padilla said on NG as I feel his team probably tried to get the information from JC Penny and did not succeed.

Why would Cindy keep this information from LE but give it so willingly to LP? I find it truly amazing how LP keeps coming up with all these stories about what the family said to him, totally contradicting his original claims that they hardly said anything. I believe the only person taking LP's stories to the bank is LP himself.

Why would Cindy keep this information from LE but give it so willingly to LP? I find it truly amazing how LP keeps coming up with all these stories about what the family said to him, totally contradicting his original claims that they hardly said anything. I believe the only person taking LP's stories to the bank is LP himself.
In the intial days before Casey's first release, TP and LP were considered by the A fam as their "saviors" of sort. They were going against all odds and public opinion to "free" Casey. I can easily see them talking on a personal level to LP and the team. It was several days after she was released when things went south with LP and the A fam decided they were the "enemy".

As far as the crosses, I don't see Casey leaving a darn thing with Caylee or she would have left her beloved baby doll. Casey didn't give a rat's @ss about dumping her nor would she feel the need to leave a "comfort" for her. It was Casey herself and Cindy who deserved the "comfort"...in her mind.

I think that Casey bought the cross for Tony L. Once Caylee was gone, we have seen how Casey just went on like life was one big party, not caring about Caylee at all.

If CA has the cross now, perhaps she made TL give it back to her, being it was her money that paid for it.

If it is an issue, it should come out at the trial.

As far as CA saying anything to LP, I do remember seeing her going in and out of that RV several times while it was parked in front of the A's home and CA.....??....well, we know she seems to have a problem with knowing when to shut her mouth....(like her daughter, tends to give too much detail even though it was not asked for) so who knows, maybe the dropped that little tidbit to LP thinking it was going to be able to serve as a cover if need be at a later date. Need to remember LP was there to find the baby within a week, so he was asking questions. What I'm pondering in my mind, if the purchase was made on the 27th, KC still had CA's card in her possession therefore it was KC's purchase, not CA's. If she did in fact, purchase 2 crosses and put one w/Caylee...It was to make herself feel better about what she had done. IMO only, of course.

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed but I've been looking for documentation or receipts from JC Penney's for the purchase of the 2 crosses that KC allegedly charged on CA's credit card on the 6/27. Have we seen anything on that yet?

If so, do you think that KC put the second cross with Caylee, wherever she put her?

You know, Baznme, you have probably already thought of this, but I remember that you are one of the searchers and maybe it would be worth while, if you help out this time to take a metal detector. If KC did put the cross with Caylee, it might help find her.

Maybe lots of searchers could take metal detectors? I bet some people who are not searching would lend theirs for a day or so?

Just a thought, but if the FBI has really substantiated this purchase it could be helpful.

Salem

I have no clue why Cindy does what she does, or what she shared or not shared. I am patiently waiting for the trial to see the rest of the evidence LE has collected and not released to the public.

I feel LP has his own theory and is now questioning certain things he heard in the household going back a few months ago only to come to the surface now.

IMO, I feel Cindy was quite talkative to Padilla, whereas Casey said nothing to Padilla.

And this is slightly off topic - but has anyone heard CA complain about LP? I know she has been awful about TM & TES, but I don't remember her ever saying anything bad about LP. Why would that be?

Salem

These "snippets" of information are really starting to get annoying...Regardless, if she did buy two crosses on June 27th, I don't believe that the she could have placed one around KC's neck but she could have perhaps placed it near/around her. Her motivation to do so is something that I would question however. She gives all indications of being completely self-absorbed - why would she do this?

MOO

I did not hear him say once that the crosses were purchased on the 27th and I did not hear him say they were purchased at the same time. What I did hear him say was that they had questions about the "cross" that was purchased, singular, and were told that it was bought for Caylee, and then they got the idea to look and see if maybe there were 2 crosses purchased. Why? No idea. Maybe the cross around Casey's neck was SUPPOSED to be around Caylee's neck, and she took it off of her and kept it for herself? Who knows with Miss Sociopath 101. One thing is certain, nothing suprises me any longer that she does or has done...:banghead:

I believe that the crosses, as well as the tattoo, were strong clues as to what was going on in KC's mind after Caylee was "gone"
Sociopaths/Psychopaths always tend to rationalize their behavior. Think of the men who kill their wives, listen to their conversations to press, ect. They always believe the woman deserves it. They convince themselves they did the right thing.
I think that in KC's mind she felt she did Caylee a favor. I could go into this theory more but it is purely supposition on my part.

I think that Casey bought the cross for Tony L. Once Caylee was gone, we have seen how Casey just went on like life was one big party, not caring about Caylee at all.

If CA has the cross now, perhaps she made TL give it back to her, being it was her money that paid for it.

I am with ya Darlene. I believe she wanted to come across as a honest person, not a liar that she knows she is. Maybe TL is a religious person and she wanted to let him know she was as well. What a caring person she is giving her lover a cross matching hers.

I can easily see KC purchasing two crosses and burying one with Caylee. It's a theatrical touch, like the Beautiful Life tattoo. She probably got the idea from a movie. I

People in LP's business have contacts everywhere. They have to have to get the information they want. I am sure he knows what he is talking about with the two crosses. I am not sure the second one was for Caylee.......it might have been she was going to give it to Tony.

Many times people like LP can get information that LE can't find easily and I believe he has been very helpful in this case. Many people will talk to someone like LP when they won't talk to LE because they don't want to get involved. Then they take that information and find other information and people. It is a tedious process, but LP have the ability and the people to get through the maze, the Anthony's so foolishly believe they have created.

I did not hear him say once that the crosses were purchased on the 27th and I did not hear him say they were purchased at the same time. What I did hear him say was that they had questions about the "cross" that was purchased, singular, and were told that it was bought for Caylee, and then they got the idea to look and see if maybe there were 2 crosses purchased. Why? No idea. Maybe the cross around Casey's neck was SUPPOSED to be around Caylee's neck, and she took it off of her and kept it for herself? Who knows with Miss Sociopath 101. One thing is certain, nothing suprises me any longer that she does or has done...:banghead:

That is an option - Maybe Caylee did have that cross at one time and now KC has it.

People in LP's business have contacts everywhere. They have to have to get the information they want. I am sure he knows what he is talking about with the two crosses. I am not sure the second one was for Caylee.......it might have been she was going to give it to Tony.

Many times people like LP can get information that LE can't find easily and I believe he has been very helpful in this case. Many people will talk to someone like LP when they won't talk to LE because they don't want to get involved. Then they take that information and find other information and people. It is a tedious process, but LP have the ability and the people to get through the maze, the Anthony's so foolishly believe they have created.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I think LP gets a tidbit of information and creates a story to go with it. I don't see where his rumors and stories have been the least bit helpful. Does he even do any 'bounty hunting' anymore or is he earning his living entirely in the media?

Originally posted by Nicksmom
Stupid enough that your daughter could live with you for TWO YEARS without you KNOWING that she did not actually have a job?

This fact absolutely fascinates me. How can someone fake having a job that long? Is there a thread on this? I would love to discuss this in more depth.

Also, I think the cross, if it does exist and was bought before the murder, is another form of pre-meditation and KC planned on using it for the private "funeral" only she would be attending.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back