***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...I95PZg?docId=3c567429806f4ce5ac3641944c98445f

"Having read several of the comments Mr. Ashton makes in his new book, I am both surprised and somewhat disappointed he has chosen to attack me on a personal level," Baez said. "Without going into specific detail, I will say only that many of his accusations are absolutely false."

:violin: Want some
cheese.png
to go with that whine Baez?

............... God Bless Jeff Ashton for his truths...

He'll always be a hero in my eyes! I wonder if the Princess will be reading this book? No doubt she won't be able NOT to -- worrying what that big mean ol' man is saying about her. And mommy Cindy too -- she'll prolly have her own presser by the end of the week saying how devestated she is and that not a word of it is true. Who knows, maybe they'll choke on their turkey!

:crazy:

MOO

Mel

Wow - watch your blood pressure and if you haven't read okiedokietoo's latest addition to the current news ....then just go straight to this link!!!

......http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/jeff-ashtons-book-casey-made-nuclear-lie-about-cay/nFdSY/

.......Ack!....I have to step away for a couple minutes and do some deep breathing...:maddening::maddening::maddening: :banghead: :banghead::furious:

Oh My Gosh! :furious:
I should have waited until tomorrow to read that article, as I can feel my blood pressure rising. :furious:
I simply cannot believe that jury let her go free. :furious:
:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Thanks for the early bird information so far.

I hope he also gives a total of just exactly how much money C____y lifted from her mother's checking account and credit cards. We've heard that it was in the thousands, with hundreds of checks written.
I also hope that he tells what the photo's were that LE mentioned to her dad, and explain those as well.

I'm sure that there will be a lot revealed that will have our heads spinning for days now. I still haven't gotten to ordering the book, but, eventually will.

Thanks to all of you that have taken the early plunge into what no doubt is going to be cesspool of the inner workings of this family and their princess.

Right now, I'm just taking joy in the fact that B__z is already crying foul, and that at least 3 more copies have gone into Mr. Ashton's pocket by way of the A_____y Family.
And, I'm sure that they are in a major stew right now and that the lights are on at Hopespring Drive right now while they chomp their gum and make those faces that they are so famous for.

Chapter III
Ashton describes Cindy and Casey as "two hotheaded, obstinate women."

Do you remember a morning where they all went out the back, all the lawyers and the Judge (this happened a couple of times from memory) but yes, they went back and discussed the plea deal and then all the lawyers insisted that she take a competency test and that is when we saw her pissed off.

I guess at the end of the day, she had the last laugh, she didn't take the plea was found not guilty and on her merry way she went.

Wow, why does it still hurt so bad?

my bold.

because things this wrong should never ever happen, and if they do, there should be some way to change it.

in this case, the very wrong thing happened, and there is nothing we can ever do, and caylee will never ever have justice.

I haven't been able to control my tears as I read this book.

Really, it is no wonder that people like Casey exist. What stings and burns and rips my heart out is that it feels like we're back in the dark ages. If ordinary people (who are asked to serve on a jury) do not have even a shred of common sense and compassion then it is truly a very scary world to live in.

I haven't been able to control my tears as I read this book.

Really, it is no wonder that people like Casey exist. What stings and burns and rips my heart out is that it feels like we're back in the dark ages. If ordinary people (who are asked to serve on a jury) do not have even a shred of common sense and compassion then it is truly a very scary world to live in.

I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here. Look at Sky's mommy, Aliayah's mommy, Lisa (Irwin's) mommy. All three have their babies missing and are acting like Casey Anthony. I guess she's the new missing-baby-role-model :(

Sorry to get OT, but it appears that with these recent cases, it's lawyer up, don't speak to LE, or cooperate, and see how it plays out.

I wonder if this would be the case had CFCMA rec'd the death penalty!

Carry on....

MOO

Mel

Reading in between working...chapter 6
Lies are like muscles: it takes practice to make them strong. Casey Anthony had clearly been giving hers a lot of exercise.

After Casey's bail had been set, the judge had ordered her to meet with two psychiatrists, and the initial reports from both doctors stated that she was perfectly normal, that there was no indication of any mental illness. Casey reported that she had never had any mental health treatment and that she did not have a drug or alcohol problem. She also stated unequivocally that she had never been physically or sexually abused. The only item of note was an observation made by one of the psychiatrists, Dr. Jeffrey Danziger, who reported that Casey was "unusually happy considering her circumstances."

I wonder if the good doctors have maybe changed their minds since the trial?

Re the IMPLICATIONS of OCA's accusations against her father:

1. OCA said Caylee's death could not have been accidental.

Question- doesn't that assertion alone, of which the DT was fully aware, provide proof that the team's defense "theory" of an accident was entirely unethical, not to mention in violation of the law?

2. OCA said that George had in fact murdered Caylee.

Doesn't that further prove that the DT itself told unholy lies, since their "theory" explicitly stated that George found an already dead Caylee?

3. I've wondered whether or not the DT actually thought OCA was innocent. They've made so many passionate assertions saying they do, even middle fingers raised in her defense.

Answer: No way. Not one of them could possibly believe that she is. How could they, when their lying defense of OCA directly contradicted her own lying account of what happened?

I wonder if this is what prompted Mason to have Casey under go a psych exam during the trial to see if she was competent, iirc.

That's what I'm thinking...they thought she was nuts to refuse it! And she should have been nuts to refuse it!

Baez "has an unearned air of arrogance"..that sums him up perfectly.

There are way too many interesting tidbits I've come across so far. Here's one although there is warning--read this only if you want your blood boiling.

During the OS Linda showed the jury a photo of Caylee on the 15th of June and then another photo of the remains of that little girl, remember?

Well Ashton says, " Linda delivered it perfectly. I looked at the jury and expected to see from them in the same shock I had felt the first time I had seen the photo. But, I saw nothing in their faces. They were unmoved. How was this possible? I thought to myself. How could anyone look at that and be unmoved? I shrugged it off."

I think the this jury was comprised of 2 sorts of people. 1. They just didn't care about this case and thought it was easy to vote 'not guilty' and go home. 2. They thought a not guilty verdict would bring them more $$$ than a guilty verdict. What a shame. They are as <....> as Casey herself.

I guess Mason was lying in that interview he gave not long after the verdict.

Didn't he say something like - "it took a long time for Anthony to understand that Caylee had died in the pool"

I'm sure he implied that it was not long before the trial started.

And yet in the very first Dr's report (that Stan Strickland ordered) she is saying that George killed Caylee - and in every Dr's report after that apparently, so she had no trouble whatsoever comprehending the fact that Caylee was deceased.

So basically Mason is a big phat old liar and the media nor the public, should put any stock in anything he says. It's hard to believe the slime that continues to wash off Anthony and her lawyers.

If anyone has a handy link to that inteview I'd be most grateful.

And the moral of this story, crime really does pay just ask Anthony, her lawyers and ABC who all made a bundle off the death of Caylee.

So on day 3 the jury wants to know which of them get to go home. Then they request movies. Some of them kids' movies? Omg, strange? They already had 200 movies but they wanted more. Ashton says they were a "high-maintainence bunch"
Of course they were more concerned about food and movies than anything else.

Does it enrage anyone else that the jury had the nerve to ask questions about food and movies and yet did not even want to look at a single piece of evidence? Sorry. It's all coming back to me...

I'm really glad that Jeff has come out and said that he didn't believe the death penalty should have been reinstated.

I think that was the problem all along for the jury, they didn't believe in it and certainly not in this case.

And I have to agree, I never thought that the death penalty should have been an option, no matter if it was justly deserved.

No death penalty and no Lyons, no Finnell, no Bolin, no death penalty motions, no opportunity for Baez and Mason to take the high moral ground. It put the prosecution in a dangerous position and probably lost them the trial. Lesson learned for everyone I think.

I don't think it can be overstated in how important Bolin was in helping pick the jury.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back