***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

I am not so sure Miss James. The last time I seen my 8 year old niece was 3 weeks ago & she was wearing a black roxy T with her little blue jeans. The last time I saw her 13 year old sister she was wearing a black long sleeve apostle shirt with black jeans.
Why do I remember this??? I think it's because it was the last time I saw them.
I'd love to read JA's book one day. It sounds like a great read.

and you CAN!!! We have a Book Club sharing forum here at WS; just go here and sign up!!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155088"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:seeya:

So happy, I just received my book :D

Thought I would share Mr Ashton words with you...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

So happy, I just received my book :D

Thought I would share Mr Ashton words with you...

JEALOUS!

You lucky, lucky Aussie! :highfive:

I finally got my book today. I only had an hour to read before leaving for work, butt made the most of it. Something that has really stood out so far is how the investigators could not believe how oca held on to her lies. You can feel the total consternation of them as it is written.

JEALOUS!

You lucky, lucky Aussie! :highfive:
She is lucky indeed because when I went down to one of our largest booksellers here (in her city btw) several weeks ago before the book was released, I was told the book will not be available off the shelf in Oz until 1st Feb.
The lady behind the counter probably wondered why I stormed out muttering hmmmf hmmmf.

She is lucky indeed because when I went down to one of our largest booksellers here (in her city btw) several weeks ago before the book was released, I was told the book will not be available off the shelf in Oz until 1st Feb.
The lady behind the counter probably wondered why I stormed out muttering hmmmf hmmmf.

Probably the same store that refused to order Sharon Rochas book for me. Except I didn't leave muttering!

:D

Do you remember a morning where they all went out the back, all the lawyers and the Judge (this happened a couple of times from memory) but yes, they went back and discussed the plea deal and then all the lawyers insisted that she take a competency test and that is when we saw her pissed off.

I guess at the end of the day, she had the last laugh, she didn't take the plea was found not guilty and on her merry way she went.

Wow, why does it still hurt so bad?
Because an innocent little girl was murdered and will never get justice.

moo

Just finished Jeff's book. The anger inside me came back with a vengence. Anger at what all the DA's, Judges, Sheriff's, police, volunteers had to put up with trying to find sweet little Caylee. Enjoy your retirement Jeff, you gave it your best.

I read the book. I was a little disappointed in that it was rushed to print as I wanted more meat...more day to day details. But, all in all, I loved it. My one wish, if I were to be granted one by the great Genie in the Bottle, would be that each and every juror would read it. I’m sure that is too much to ask for, but there were a couple of things in that book that PROVED just how guilty she was.
I.E., the stories she told both shrinks, and how they drastically contradicted what JB spewed in court in his opening.
I actually threw the book across the room once. I’ll have to go back and refresh as to what I was reading at the time, but I remember it had to do with “WHY WASN’T THAT POINTED OUT TO THE JURORS???” Maybe it had to do with the date that Maria Kish said she rode in the pontiac and smelled nothing. Uhhhh - that was evidently BEFORE June 16. But nobody clarified that point to the jurors.
Arrgggahhhh, it really doesn’t matter does it? I think even if they had her on tape dragging the bag with Caylee in it around the corner THAT PARTICULAR JURY would not have come to a “guilty” verdict.
Oh and Jeff’s take on Lee and his trial testimony — yeah....Lee is his sister’s brother...that is for sure.
Would love a book by LDB.....

I was a little disappointed in the book. I had hoped for more "behind the scenes" things---maybe since Florida released all the evidence to the public (and I had gone through most of it) there wasn't going to be the kind of extra things like in the after-the-trial OJ books.

Actually, I did have one thing:: When reading the recap of what happened in the first pages of the book, I thought, "THAT's how they should've ran their prosecution!" Casey said this. The evidence shows this. Casey says she then went here. Cell phone pings show this. So and so saw her here. It was really an easy case if you consider why else would somebody lie? They should've streamlined their case.......because then what could the defense put up? Nothing. You've opened no doors.

I read the book. I was a little disappointed in that it was rushed to print as I wanted more meat...more day to day details. But, all in all, I loved it. My one wish, if I were to be granted one by the great Genie in the Bottle, would be that each and every juror would read it. I’m sure that is too much to ask for, but there were a couple of things in that book that PROVED just how guilty she was.
I.E., the stories she told both shrinks, and how they drastically contradicted what JB spewed in court in his opening.
I actually threw the book across the room once. I’ll have to go back and refresh as to what I was reading at the time, but I remember it had to do with “WHY WASN’T THAT POINTED OUT TO THE JURORS???” Maybe it had to do with the date that Maria Kish said she rode in the pontiac and smelled nothing. Uhhhh - that was evidently BEFORE June 16. But nobody clarified that point to the jurors.
Arrgggahhhh, it really doesn’t matter does it? I think even if they had her on tape dragging the bag with Caylee in it around the corner THAT PARTICULAR JURY would not have come to a “guilty” verdict.
Oh and Jeff’s take on Lee and his trial testimony — yeah....Lee is his sister’s brother...that is for sure.
Would love a book by LDB.....
I thought that they did clarify the car error at trial??
But you're right about it not mattering, they wouldn't have listened.

this book was more therapeutic for me that I guessed when I stopped reading it and stopped crying enough to post here about it. as I look back on the last few weeks I see where I've moved on. NOT from caylee, never from caylee, but from the horror of those <modsnip jurors> and OCA. where ever OCA is, she is in her own prison, just as she always was. I knew this though it doesnt change the injustice of that stupid verdict (go to the missing forum and check out all the copycats, IMO these jurors have that on their hands too, a little bit) but I've spent more time since reading ashton's book doing my artwork and planning for christmas, not much of wailing WHYYYYY in the forums and in my heart. why? because there is no why. there never will be answers, there never will be justice for caylee.

OCA has disappeared and that is just the way I like it, she is in debt up to her eyeballs and always will be, and that is just the way I like it. she knows for sure now no one ever cared about her, only about caylee and that is just the way I like it. I only hope when she reoffends it is not harm to a child, it is only stealing.

Best revelation in the book: When Jeff got the better of JB and made him apologize in open court.
Funniest revelation in the book: Linda dressing up in a hoodie and white sunglasses for their drive to the courthouse to pick the jury
Most humble moment in the book: Jeff thanking all of the people who sifted through yards and yards of dirt and muck to find each and every bone of Little Caylee (except two in her foot)<-----------------Contrast that to CINDY ANTHONY saying on Dr. Phil that it really didn't matter that Caylee's body was floating in a swamp because she wasn't really there. D.I.S.G.U.S.T.I.N.G.

I ordered my copy last Wednesday, according to the tracker it was sent out that evening. Also according to the tracker, it's been sitting in my local post office for TWO days.

December 6, 2011 08:38:00 AM Arrival Scan

And USPS wonders why it's losing money!

It was originally scheduled to arrive at my residence on Dec 9th, so I guess they're sticking to the plan even though they received it earlier. Unbelievable. :maddening:

This is the only book I plan to buy about the case and it took me this long to make up my mind to get it. The outcome of the trial has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. :maddening: Although I was a bit heartened to hear that the politician who tried to sell Obama's vacated senate seat received a 14 year sentence. But what about child killers? Sex predators? Murderers and other criminals?

What keeps repeating in my head are Jeff Ashton's words on the Levi Page show, speaking of the jurors, saying the ones who really cared about the case and justice had to disclose the fact and were dismissed, so what they ended up with were people who didn't care. So true.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of the book... :rocker:

this book was more therapeutic for me that I guessed when I stopped reading it and stopped crying enough to post here about it. as I look back on the last few weeks I see where I've moved on. NOT from caylee, never from caylee, but from the horror of those <modsnip jurors> and OCA. where ever OCA is, she is in her own prison, just as she always was. I knew this though it doesnt change the injustice of that stupid verdict (go to the missing forum and check out all the copycats, IMO these jurors have that on their hands too, a little bit) but I've spent more time since reading ashton's book doing my artwork and planning for christmas, not much of wailing WHYYYYY in the forums and in my heart. why? because there is no why. there never will be answers, there never will be justice for caylee.

OCA has disappeared and that is just the way I like it, she is in debt up to her eyeballs and always will be, and that is just the way I like it. she knows for sure now no one ever cared about her, only about caylee and that is just the way I like it. I only hope when she reoffends it is not harm to a child, it is only stealing.

This is a beautiful post 2goldfish because your heart speaks for so many of us here. Thanks for this.

Jeff Ashton’s book Imperfect Justice is very good and an easy read. Chapter 12, Finding Caylee was somewhat difficult to get through. I thought Mr. Ashton was very kind to Cindy and George Anthony. I am still amazed at the number of innocent people who were negatively affected by the Anthony family. I laughed when he wrote about Linda Drane Burdick wearing the blue sweatshirt and sunglasses. I thought not only is she beautiful and intelligent, she also has a sense of humor. I enjoyed reading his opinion of JB; it is the same as mine! I also agree with what he wrote about the jury. I am looking forward to seeing the LMN movie (I believe they will make one) and am curious as to who will play Mr. Aston. My heart is still broken knowing the person responsible for the murder of sweet baby Caylee is free. One day she will be held responsible :)

I am so glad I got the book. I read it very quickly, now will go and read it again in order to pick up all the people details I may have not grasped on such a fast reading. I have told several people to get it.

So happy that, as of last week, Jeff's book was #3 on the NYT Best Seller List! As previously noted, I read my library copy in one day and returned it the next...good thing, too, as 86 people were waiting to read it! Here in Marion County, FL, between the main library, the bookmobile, and the eight branch libraries, they have all ordered at least one copy of "Imperfect Justice!" And that's just here in Redneck Central...you can imagine how well it must be doing elsewhere. Fabulous!
:great:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back