***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

please let me know if i'm posting too much...if not, i'll keep going...
i'm on part II, chapter 9, forensics

:seeya: Please keep posting!! And thank you to you and everyone else for the spoilers. I'm at work and eagerly awaiting your posts!

i have to wait until tonight to grab the book but I wanted to thank everyone for the "spoilers." I am a little different than most WSers in that I do believe Caylee drowned. I think she drowned due to OCA's negligence and the rest was coverup for the fact that she wasn't watching her kid and was more concerned about the texts/myspace posts of the moment. I still feel like that flurry of phone calls was right after she discovered Caylee's body. I have no doubt that Caylee was in the trunk. I have no doubt that OCA put the duct tape on her face. I have no doubt she dumped her but the chloroform has never been a home-run for me. I really need to read JA's insight as I know what he will say in there will be much easier to accept/believe than choppy testimony.

I also wanted to comment on the idea of sending the books to the P12...I think that's a great idea but they didn't listen to a word JA had to say then so what makes you think they would now?

chapter 8 summary- the smell was NOT pizza, and Vass rocks.

chapter 9. JA surely does not like Padilla. Strongest direct language yet in the book, slams the man as: offensive, an indication that Baez was a novice, and detrimental to OCA herself. Indirectly trashes Tracy the babysitter.

sigh. says in short...so many lies, such a talented liar, so many aware of her lies and yet...not admissible in court. (why not??? surely a pattern trumps hearsay?)

says Cindy was just in flat-out denial. That OCA hated both her mother and father.

presents as much evidence of the Father's day argument as is out there, but doesn't take it any further or speculate (so far, anyway).

I also wanted to comment on the idea of sending the books to the P12...I think that's a great idea but they didn't listen to a word JA had to say then so what makes you think they would now?

Sadly, Pickle, I must agree.

I'm afraid the only way that bunch could make it through JA's book is if you put on some big, easy-to-read posters with arrows and pictures and lots of short words. Or, you could even write it with a Sharpie on a giant notepad.

A couple of fun facts. Ashton calls LDB his ' work wife' lol

On one drive before jury selection LDB wore white sunglasses and a shirt with a number on it. Remember KC wore the blue hooded shirt with the number 82 on the front? Bought with Amy's money? Linda bought an identical shirt and also white sunglasses. Ashton didn't realize this till Frank pointed it out. LOL.

explains- rules of evidence prevented him from putting on witnesses who would speak to the CA-OCA relationship. Fight testimony could only get in if CA admitted to it.

And CA, says JA, just couldn't wouldn't. paraphrasing- CA is as good at lying to herself as OCA is at lying to others. Ouch.

Ashton says they needed jurors who cared about affairs of the world. He says the hard part was that the ones who did care about what went on in the world followed this case and voiced their strong opinions during jury selection. So they were left with..well...you know.

Frank did not like Juror 3 aka Jennifer Ford. Didn't like her attitude.

Says they were not thrilled with the jury. Found them 'bland' even before trial started.

Ashton says they believe KC decided on the night of June 15th itself to murder Caylee.

Ashton says they needed jurors who cared about affairs of the world. He says the hard part was that the ones who did care about what went on in the world followed this case and voiced their strong opinions during jury selection. So they were left with..well...you know.

Frank did not like Juror 3 aka Jennifer Ford. Didn't like her attitude.

Says they were not thrilled with the jury. Found them 'bland' even before trial started.

Wow. Thx for sharing the book.

Do you remember a morning where they all went out the back, all the lawyers and the Judge (this happened a couple of times from memory) but yes, they went back and discussed the plea deal and then all the lawyers insisted that she take a competency test and that is when we saw her pissed off.

I guess at the end of the day, she had the last laugh, she didn't take the plea was found not guilty and on her merry way she went.

Wow, why does it still hurt so bad?

It still hurts because there was no Justice for Caylee :( .And cfca got away with murdering Caylee . :furious:

DT and Cindy A used the media when and how it suited them, at the same time slamming the PT for anything that came out in the media (that PT had no control of release of info, given sunshine laws was immaterial to the DT).

adding my own snark- well, yah. why let facts get in the way of your lies?

Taking a mini-break before I head into chapt 11, the grand jury, page 126.

Ashton says Casey is somewhat of a 'psychopathic narcissist'

Says that when Judge Perry got the verdict forms he did something unusual. After reading the third page, he laid it down but picked it back up to read it once more.

When the clerk was handed the verdict forms, Ashton says her eyes dropped down to the bottom of the page which is not guilty. Guilty is at the top of the page.
When she was found not guilty of aggravated child abuse he knew it was over. If they didn't find her guilty of child abuse they were not going to find her guilty of anything.

Many thanks to all who are posting paraphrases of the book!

And thank you, Jeff Ashton, for writing it. You really are a rock star! :rocker:

Opening up a lot of wounds that had finally partially scabbed over. But that is OK. I want to know this stuff.

chapter 8 summary- the smell was NOT pizza, and Vass rocks.

chapter 9. JA surely does not like Padilla. Strongest direct language yet in the book, slams the man as: offensive, an indication that Baez was a novice, and detrimental to OCA herself. Indirectly trashes Tracy the babysitter.

I couldn't agree more with him about Padilla. When it comes to lying, Leonard is in competition with Casey, and it's a close race.

I'm all over the place. Sorry.

Ashton says he allowed himself to hate KC when he saw little Caylee's remains arranged on the table by Dr. G. He says Caylee was so small. How could anyone do this? Says he will never forget how he felt that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back