***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

Hey ya'll, had been avoiding this forum after July...heartbroken. But I have a question. In JA's book, do we finally get any glimpse of the sidebars? Or have those been transcripts been released anywhere?? Would looooove to read the text of those and find out if the people follwoing every day of the trial were right about what was being said...

Left you a message over in sidebar but you are here already. Start at the beginning of the thread, and check out Current News for the videos and interviews - a wealth of stuff to learn about what went on - you will love it.

No sidebar transcripts have been released, but Jeff gives us a pretty good idea of all that went on, including a shocker of an attempted plea agreement none of us even suspected!!!

Makes me wonder what other little tidbits he left out of his book. He'd probably still be writing. She does give a lot of material to work with, that's for sure. :rocker:

On a different note, one of the things that I still chuckle about is his description he gives of his opinion regarding Cheney's view on women in professional/powerful positions - he (Cheney) believes or acts like they should be in subservient roles that he is mentoring rather than an equal. (paraphrasing)
He said that Cheney made that mistake with Linda Drane-Burdick once. I laughed and thought, yea I would have liked to have seen that exchange. :floorlaugh:

I can see that happening to a man who harkens back to the golden days of his youth - back before women could vote. :innocent:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Official-Jeffrey-Ashton-Page/167094923356300

Jeff's wife, Rita, updates his FB Fanpage often. This was just posted 22 minutes ago. lol

Jeff just finished the last of his TV interviews while here in NY. And i have to say the one he just did with Vinnie Politan was outstanding. Vinnie is amazing and as a former prosecutor he understands the law and that led to a very interesting interview. As soon as we get the air date for that show, I'll post it as I'm sure many of you will want to make sure you catch this one. thanks once again for all the kind words. we read them all and very much appreciate them!

Can you guys tell my boss is out of town? :innocent:

:iamashamed:

If I remember correctly JB was trying to get another paternity test from Jesse. I think that's what she wrote in her letter.

I think she pinned the father on whoever was convenient at the time.

IMO

To this day I don't think Casey even knows who Caylee's father was, I don't think she has a clue. I have a feeling the candidate could have been one of many of Casey's paramours that she was involved with at the time. It's been well documented Casey was always romancing another romantic option #2, or #3, or even #4 at one time.

Makes me wonder what other little tidbits he left out of his book. He'd probably still be writing. She does give a lot of material to work with, that's for sure. :rocker:

On a different note, one of the things that I still chuckle about is his description he gives of his opinion regarding Cheney's view on women in professional/powerful positions - he (Cheney) believes or acts like they should be in subservient roles that he is mentoring rather than an equal. (paraphrasing)
He said that Cheney made that mistake with Linda Drane-Burdick once. I laughed and thought, yea I would have liked to have seen that exchange. :floorlaugh:

BBM

I would pay good money to have seen that!!!

I am betting he didn't make that mistake again. :floorlaugh:

BBM.

Personally I would have paid damn good money to see the exchange myself. :)

BBM

Jinx. :)

Great minds and all ....

To this day I don't think Casey even knows who Caylee's father was, I don't think she has a clue. I have a feeling the candidate could have been one of many of Casey's paramours that she was involved with at the time. It's been well documented Casey was always romancing another romantic option #2, or #3, or even #4 at one time.

She confided in Kiomarie Cruz that there were 8 possible babydaddies in the month that she conceived Caylee....

I don't think they had compassion for Casey really. They were just too lazy to do what they were chosen for. Much easier to just vote not guilty and brush the trial/responsibility off their shoulders. Too anxious for *real* food, the outdoors and post-trial perks.

And don't forget pretty hotel pools :maddening:

My jaw hit the floor when I heard JF complaining about seeing pretty pools from her hotel window and not being able to use them. I mean really? You hear what should be devastating testimony in court all day about a DEAD, GONE, MURDERED, CHILD THROWN OUT LIKE TRASH and you're complaining about not being able to use a pretty pool?

:maddening::maddening:

Still makes me mad as hell to think about it.

I just don't think these 12 got it, and they never will- and that's the scary part. They will never be emotionally affected by what they should have done, because if they didn't care about Caylee and the fact they were letting a murderer go then they never will.

It's still shocking that not just one person but 12 thought she didn't commit this murder. And they seem to be the only people in the country who believe she didn't. I think it will always baffle me, until the day I die.

BBM...or he was afraid she would get convicted of manslaughter and spend a few years in prison.

CM said he would walk arm in arm with FCA after the trial. I can see how FCA would take that as a promise that he would get her off. I'm sure FCA was beyond fuming at the mere mention of a plea. The 30 year bomb probably drove her over the edge.

I don't think she had a blank stare, she was probably thinking I'd kill you right now if I could. The plea was the most shocking fact I've heard so far from the book.

The DT was begging for a mistrial. I really think they wanted to get out and let a public defender take care of the mess.

CM may have seen pure evil after spending a few weeks next to her. I think he only visited her a few times in jail before trial (if that). The movie 'Cape Fear' comes to mind, starring Juliett Lewis among others. It's about a felon that serves time in prison. He tries to kill his defense attorney and his family when he gets out.

I don't really believe this, maybe CM got tired of looking at the ceiling. The movie crossed my mind when I heard he was the one wanting a plea.

IMO

Interesting...wasn't that the name she used as one of her "friends" Juliette Lewis? She also plays in American Psycho....hhmm I will say no more lol

She confided in Kiomarie Cruz that there were 8 possible babydaddies in the month that she conceived Caylee....

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Casey will probably never know who the father of her next child will be either. And I'm absolutely certain she will have another child, and probably soon. She needs to keep twisting that knife in her parents heart.

oh dear that is why I kept my snarky little self in chat for a good majority of the trial. WS went down all day of the verdict, I dont recall if I posted that day or not on the forum but in chat we were ....oh it was horrible, just horrible. and all our horror spilled off the screen, line after line so fast we couldnt even read each other...it didnt matter, we were all saying the same thing....

Respect snipped by Bash
Isnt that the truth 2goldfish, I was reading Jeff's book last night and the flash of chat the day of the verdict and the overwhelming feelings the raw tears that poured from my soul. The lines of chat just flying so fast from everyone............I cant believe that I found your post in all these pages I will never forget you guy's in there that day I feel like a bond was formed. Hi Friend :seeya:.

Jeff's book makes me feel like I felt in chat that day just so digusted by the injustice that was served Caylee. Now more than ever. I said this that day in chat and I will say it again,
Jeff A and all the PT gave Caylee a voice when she had none, they gave her love when no one else would they gave her dignity when all others turned their backs. For that I thank you I just wish the Pinellas 12 would have heard you as you spoke for Caylee instead of just listened.

Thank you Mr Ashton for still Making it all about Caylee so we may never forget. :rocker:

BBM

So true. Jeff Ashton said, Cheney made it once and it is not a mistake one makes again. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Jeff said the story was that she was at a party, fell asleep, woke up and thought she had been assaulted....or it was her father. Take your pick.

hmmm sounds like the new version 4.0 of her story where she said to the Dr's that she slept so soundly the morning of June 16th that she George must have drugged her...

With Casey's propensity to lie and exaggerate...I would bet the number was probably much lower...like 1 or 2

Interesting...wasn't that the name she used as one of her "friends" Juliette Lewis? She also plays in American Psycho....hhmm I will say no more lol

Yes, Juliette Lewis was one of her imaginary friends--or as LDB would say, a lie with a purpose.

I don't know how she told such ridiculous lies and never got challenged. I can say with 100% certainty that if someone told me they had a Zanny the Nanny and their friend was Juliette Lewis, I'd say prove it. It's insane. Juliette Lewis is not a common name and she is a famous actress.

IMO

I don't think they had compassion for Casey really. They were just too lazy to do what they were chosen for. Much easier to just vote not guilty and brush the trial/responsibility off their shoulders. Too anxious for *real* food, the outdoors and post-trial perks.

Listening to the jurors that spoke out, I wouldn't be too sure of that. It sounds like the waterworks show had it's desired affect on their audience.

(I don't disagree with the rest of your post :seeya:)

BBM

We did see it. It was during the trial. Cheney Mason told LDB to stay at the podium and work some sort of contraption. LDB quipped back, "I don't work for you." The look she gave Cheney Mason was classic and if I remember correctly, he shut up quick! It was a nice slap in the face to DCS and the younger little assistant girl who were so busy being Cheney and Jose's "do-girls."

Listening to the jurors that spoke out, I wouldn't be too sure of that. It sounds like the waterworks show had it's desired affect on their audience.

(I don't disagree with the rest of your post :seeya:)

I think the way Casey acted in front of the jury could have swayed them (especially the forman). She probably appeared like a victim.. small, petite... childlike. Lowering her chair was a defense strategy, the way she snuggled into DS's armpit.. all strategy. They didn't see the Casey we saw when they left the room.

Casey was right there in front of them everyday.. she was real to them... Caylee was not... unfortunately.

Of course we will never really know the major cause of their swift acquittal despite the massive evidence against her... I'm sure lazyness and apathy also played a part too..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrackingCrime
Back