Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read in one of the recent articles that this grand jury's term of service is supposed to be up the end of January. So that might be a good time to look for anything coming out of this session.

Wonderful. Thank you.

Wudge:

SNIP

Do you have any opinions other than the law???

The reason I ask is, you never once have responded to any posters question that does not deal with a specific law question.

SNIP

There's no crime, charge or evidence at this time. All persons of interest, suspects and defendants are entitled to a presumption of innocence. Some cases are clearer than others, but, sans a plea deal, I always wait to hear the evidence offered at trial.

It's not wise to take illegal drugs. Similarly, it's not wise to jump to conclusions. Nothing good comes from doing either.

Wudge:

Thank you for not taking my post and wripping it to shreds.

Obviously, according to you, you have mountains of patience if you wait for a plea deal or if going to trial. A good virtue.

It's also not wise to leave your doors unlocked at night. Would that be the same as illegal drugs?? Certainly you are not implying I am taking or using drugs?

Unfortunately, we sometimes as sleuthers do jump to what we THINK happened. NOT CONCLUSIONS. Fortunately, there are other sleuthers who jump in with their opinions and make us THINK.

And it goes back and forth on what we think.

No one is jumping to any CONCLUSION.

Wudge:

Thank you for not taking my post and wripping it to shreds.

Obviously, according to you, you have mountains of patience if you wait for a plea deal or if going to trial. A good virtue.

It's also not wise to leave your doors unlocked at night. Would that be the same as illegal drugs?? Certainly you are not implying I am taking or using drugs?

Unfortunately, we sometimes as sleuthers do jump to what we THINK happened. NOT CONCLUSIONS. Fortunately, there are other sleuthers who jump in with their opinions and make us THINK.

And it goes back and forth on what we think.

No one is jumping to any CONCLUSION.

In high-profile cases, I'm usually anything but a fan of LE. Moreover, I'm not a fan of most prosecutors, period. Further, there a lot that wrong with our legal process and organizations, but the presumption of innocence is not on that list. I "think" it one of the best things we are afforded.

In high-profile cases, I'm usually anything but a fan of LE. Moreover, I'm not a fan of most prosecutors, period. Further, there a lot that wrong with our legal process and organizations, but the presumption of innocence is not on that list. I "think" it one of the best things we are afforded.

If your not a fan of LE or prosecutors, who are you a fan of...the criminals?

There's no crime, charge or evidence at this time. All persons of interest, suspects and defendants are entitled to a presumption of innocence. Some cases are clearer than others, but, sans a plea deal, I always wait to hear the evidence offered at trial.

It's not wise to take illegal drugs. Similarly, it's not wise to jump to conclusions. Nothing good comes from doing either.

Okay, all together now: Presumption of innocence pertains to trials, not to website crime discussions.

On the other hand, I think website crime discussion posters are entitled to the presumption that they have given their posts some thought and have not "jumped to conclusions."

I watched The Lineup with Kimberly Guilfoyle tonight and she did a brief summary of the disappearance of Stacy and then stated the most recent information - the anonymous letter sent from Cincinnati, noting that the letter mentioned her, Kimberly Guilfoyle, specifically.

There were two panel members to address the issue of the letter. Pat Brosman, former NYPD detective, stated he felt the letter was bogus and stated several things about the letter. He said that the letter writer said that the Boone County Sheriff Dept. "blew him off" when he reported the sighting. Mr. Brosman said that in subsequent conversations with the Boone County Sheriffs Dept., they took the report seriously, as they should, but didn't feel it had any merit after investigating.

Joey Jackson, a defense attorney, agreed that the letter was bogus, and said the letter writer failed to include any sort of identification in regards to whom the letter writer reported the sighting to - there was no badge number or name of the sheriff deputy, or anything that could be followed up on. He also said that the only thing the letter writer would have to verify the sighting is the picture he allegedly took with his cell phone. But, the letter writer refuses to turn that picture over to anyone, citing the fear of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500